Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2002, 09:54 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to GOTPIKE
Hi Again
I was in the same boat as Jim as far as the compartment goes. Ater seeing your picture of the compartment
without a door I went out and pulled on mine and to my surprise There it was. i too thought it was just a trim plate.
There is no pull to open door it is just flat. A good place to hide stuff maybe... ;-)
I will check out the compartment over the sink and get back to you
Gary
GOTPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:58 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Oops I forgot
Yes it is just a roller catch just like a typical kitchen cabnet has
Good luck!
Gary
Old 11-23-2002, 11:17 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Thanks Gary. Yes, that sounds like a good place to hide stuff!

Your pics have really helped.

Thanks again all...

Jim
barbwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 11:05 AM   #24
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Talking Surprised

Gosh, with the going over all you guys have done on your trailers, I am surprised I actually found something that you didn't know about. Fun!!!! I think I found that compartment when I was cleaning.

I can't remember who asked what, so here we go.

We finally got a copy of 78 Owners Manual from Helen Davis. In it it has a Supplemental Info Sheet for 6.0 and 6.7 Minuet. It lists Weights and Ratings and Optional Equipment. In the weights and rating area the 6.0 lists a gross axle weight of 3000. The 6.7 is 3270. Is that what you were asking?? It also has a good diagram of both the 6.0 and 6.7 floor plans. Did you guys get this with your manuals? Ours does not have a picture of toilet. It does talk about toilets quote "Some models have the Aqua Magic III Toilet ". The interesting thing about this manual is that it seems to cover all 78 Argosys, with some info relating to the Minuets, but most seeming to cover all models. Is that also true of yours?

Jim - my calendar thread is named "Calendar Idea" and if you go to the search box and type that in, it should come up. I have not yet had a chance to try the latest fix to my paint program. I really like the idea of a personal calendar. You guys have to tell me its ok if I end up using any of your photos??!! I guess I could let you know if I pick a certain one and PM you for permission.

Here's to a happy tomorrow... (the paint program WILL work)Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 12:17 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
1978 Argosy Owner's Manual on-E-Bay

I just ran across an brand new NOS '78 Argosy Owner's Manual on E-Bay. I purchased a similar item from this vendor about two months ago so that I could have a second manual for my '78 Minuet 6.0. If this is the same as the manual that I purchased, it does cover the Minuet 6.0 but has no information regarding the 22' and 24' Minuets. I believe that my winning bid on the earlier auction was $30.00 but am not absolutely certain.

This is a link to the auction:

1978 Argosy Owner's Manual believed to include 6.0 Minuet

The seller was very responsive when I purchased mine. Didn't know wheter anyone might be interested so thouth that I would post the link.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:32 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Hi Jim
Good question. I have the same thing. The left side hole has wires coming out that are taped off on the end and also are not hot wires. My guess is maybe speakers wires? If i find where the come from I will let you know
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wires.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	918  
Old 11-24-2002, 05:30 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Hi Gary, those are the wires. Now I'm really interested that I see you have them too. Looks like a picture right out of my trailer, I see you have the manual too. I was thinking it was an owner job. Right now I have the cabinets, stove and refrigerator removed from the wall, and I say they do not show up anywhere on that wall, curb side. The radio antenna is road side. Maybe the original radio was mounted above the frig, and not near the street side antenna. I just know they did not have surround sound with a subwoofer back in '77, 'cause I was trying to create it. lol Actually that was '73.

Leigh, you solved the riddle of the backrest. Thanks! You know, I don't think the '77 manual has the word "Minuet" in it. It is just called the 20 footer. Thanks for the info, that is what I was asking.

Just a note on working with pictures for printing. I just did about 600 prints for a fellow who is working on a book. Scanned all the photos and reorganized them on pages. You might not be happy with the low resolution pictures you might pull off this site. A good printout is at 200 to 300 dots per inch. To get there you would have to have someone email you a high resolution picture. For a calendar you might be able to get by with 150 dpi. I use Photoshop, but Irfanview is free, and the Lanczos resampling is great. You can find it on your favorite search engine. Be sure and download the plugins too.

Gotta run. Thanks all.

JimW
barbwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 07:50 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

Hi Jim
Does your Minuet have a radio antena mounted on the outside? If so where about is it. Mine does not have one
nor can i find a hole where it might have been.
Thanks
Gary
Old 11-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #29
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Hey Gary - Thanks for the info regarding pictures for calendar. I am still having trouble w/Microsoft paint program, so may have to seek out other avenues. It helps to have others lead the way.

We also do not have radio antenna (we do have TV antenna). Both those were options according to my manual. It shows the radio antenna mounted on the front streetside next to the window. Says it is mounted with a swivel mount. Hope that is helpful. Jim, I think, does have the radio antenna?? Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote