Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream "In the News"
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #241
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnsr View Post
I am in reading this blog last For five days, sometimes laughing in stitches. I have never seen so many people that would hang someone for such, what is actually a minor offense in the grand scheme (Read my blogs you'll find that I think he's an idiot also)

But come on stevesumac you're "just trying to problem solve" I think you need a status check.

In the first place is not your problem to solve.... (if you have no ability to fix it, then it's not yours)

In the second place the authorities are taking care of him as part of the normal process

Go camping, enjoy!

LynnSr
Airstream owners by the many comments in this thread, clearly show and have made Anderson aware that his behavior at the Archs National Park, contradicts our values. Sadly, the authorities will probably view this incident, like you as a minor issue and take no action. Leaving Anderson to repeat his behavior...unless he remembers that his Airstream customers were not very appreciative.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #242
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I’ve already voted with my wallet. Camco leveling chocks ordered and on the way. Andersen products have earned spot #1 on my “never buy this outfits products” list. It’s a fairly short list, but it’s permanent...

Reminds me of the line from the ‘Mikado’. “I’ve got a little list, they’ll never be missed...”
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #243
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Do what you can to make a difference.

Vote with your wallet.
Practice conservation.
Encourage your friends and family to conserve and not deface.
Report bad deeds.

Yes, make a difference.

Pick up a discarded candy wrapper or soda can.
Wash down a sink.
Close the trash can lid.
Don't transport invasive species.

Yes, make a difference, however you can.

Thank you for your contribution. Pat
Old 04-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #244
Still Dreaming

1971 29' Ambassador
Sulphur Springs , Texas
OK OK............we all agree. Let's move on.
We are now carrying the negativity so far that it is hurting US.
A little more New Testament, a little less OLD.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #245
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, no I can't, and won't move on. You can if you like, but this one person won't. It's not hurting us a bit, but I hope it hurts The ANDERSEN business a lot.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 04-14-2018, 01:31 AM   #246
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Colorado Springs , Colorado
SJWs.... Assemble! We must gather the Internet tar, feathers, and pitchforks. We must cyber bully a company into bankruptcy. We must spend our money at camping world. We must sound absolutely embarassed to be associated with this forum because of the comments in this thread.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:42 AM   #247
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Dear Vycan,

In three months this will probably be largely forgotten regardless of what anyone posts on this forum. Even if hundreds of people desert the brand, the company will probably survive. If it doesn't, the unfortunate workers at Andersen will get other jobs if the company fails, or has to do layoffs, OR if as happens to many companies - the owners cash out and sell dometic or camco or whoever. Companies fail. Stupidity and grossly offensive behavior by an owner can accelerate that process, and innocent workers get hurt but most rise again.

Think back... Rob Lowe spent a wild night woth a couple of women... and someone had a video camera. The result? I don't think the term "viral video" was invented yet.... his career went in the dumper for 10 years. He worked bit parts, summer stock, and eventually made a comeback on West Wing. PeeWee Herman wasn't so lucky, but his persona was never likely to be more than a passing fad.

Change is hard... if Mr. Andersen wants to change, the first thing that I want to see is comsciousness that the getting his child to participate in the coverup was his biggest moral failure.

Paula
Old 04-14-2018, 04:33 AM   #248
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Well said, Paula.

Peter

"To everything there is a season . . . "

Old 04-14-2018, 06:25 AM   #249
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning G View Post

Well - not to get all preachy here but you've opened the gates....

John's telling of the good news has an astonishing clue for us by referring to the Law Moses received *as* grace. He ties what you're calling the "old" testament together with Jesus as one grace upon another - one graceful blessing after another. I'm thankful for that because otherwise, I worry God might be a little conflicted. [emoji3]

Sermon over.

STONE ANDERSEN!

No - just kidding there. [emoji52]

Praise the Lord and pass the camcos? (I can't help myself!)

Seriously - I hope he makes it right - signs aren't so good right now.

Shalom out [emoji3]
Old 04-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #250
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
I think we should continue to point out Mr. Andersen's crime as long as evidence of it exists at Arches.

Andersen was the one who indelibly altered the landscape...and deserves the rewards thereof.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #251
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Besides Arches offense is it legal to register same vehicle two times and have dif. plates or if other plates were for dif. vehicle?
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 AM   #252
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sounds like maybe he has vanity plates and standard plates. Something like DEFACER2018 to identify his vehicles and the standard IDID2018 state issued number plate. The license plate swap is one of many "How to get by with stuff" tactics that are necessary to teach the kids if they are to become adept at not being responsible for their behavior. Pat

This sarcasm thing just keeps popping up. Got to get help to fix that.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #253
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning G View Post
The path forward is to never forget that bad behavior needs to be corrected or controlled. It is not to be allowed to proliferate. It is unacceptable in our civilization. It can be changed. Thank you for adding to the post count of the thread. We appreciate your input. Negativity is bad. We all need to be positive. Never forget! Don't get mad, make a difference. Pat
Old 04-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #254
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vycan View Post
SJWs.... -- snip -- cyber bully a company into bankruptcy. -- snip --.
Actually the intent is to encourage this fellow to change. Poor management may well result in a bad outcome, but the event was self generated. The behavior was learned from some life event. If a new life event helps his kids learn a different lesson, that would be a good thing. However, generating rage through a bad learning event is not productive. We appreciate your opinion. What do you suggest would be an effective course of action? Pat
Old 04-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #255
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Telling everyone we meet in the RV world about this behavior and what we personally did with the Andersen products we had purchased is the most powerful tidbit we can share. We actually would be doing something besides ranting in this very limited audience forum.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
Old 04-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #256
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Oh, Switz - agree, agree, agree ...... but don't discount the value of ranting, with style of course, to good people who might pick up the thread of your thoughts and pitch in with their actions too. Thanks for contributing to the thread. Pat
Old 04-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #257
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
First trial of the Camco ramps, parking and leveling in a driving rainstorm: we definitely needed something on the bottom of those ramps to stop them slipping as we backed up onto them. The Camco ramps are both shorter and steeper than the old red ones that we don't want to use anymore. Shorter = clear benefit for trailers with 2 or more axles. Steeper ramp = greater need for traction on the bottom of the ramp.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #258
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Sioux Falls , SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
First trial of the Camco ramps, parking and leveling in a driving rainstorm: we definitely needed something on the bottom of those ramps to stop them slipping as we backed up onto them. The Camco ramps are both shorter and steeper than the old red ones that we don't want to use anymore. Shorter = clear benefit for trailers with 2 or more axles. Steeper ramp = greater need for traction on the bottom of the ramp.

I have seen strips of rubber used.

I will use the leftover “puzzle” type rubber flooring for mine. Probably last one trip as it is not a solid rubber.

The Camco ones do slip easy !
Better to live one day a lion than a lifetime a sheep. Camp hard, camp often
Old 04-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #259
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I finally sent Ryan Andersen a direct message. Again stated that involving his son in the coverup was his worst act, and that just having a spare set of plates says that he is a career con artist.

I also said I would bet big money that he would be incensed if someone used weed killer on his lawn to leave him a message.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #260
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Thought someone discussed holes in the bottom that will take cleat screws. Sounded like a way to reduce slipping and sliding. A stack of legos solves the problem, provides a firm pad for the stabilizer pads, a foundation for the jack and higher lift when that proves necessary. And then there are those vintage 2x8 planks that you and the kids built for the first trip to Yellowstone.

Spread the Defacer2018 story and enjoy your RV trips. Pat
Closed Thread