Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream "In the News"
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #201
Lynnsr

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Colorado Springs , Colorado
The Anderson hitch the most publicity they've ever had)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I didn't think so - so if I've personally been discourteous, please let me know how. It happens sometimes....I'm just trying to problem-solve....
I am in reading this blog last For five days, sometimes laughing in stitches. I have never seen so many people that would hang someone for such, what is actually a minor offense in the grand scheme (Read my blogs you'll find that I think he's an idiot also)

But come on stevesumac you're "just trying to problem solve" I think you need a status check.

In the first place is not your problem to solve.... (if you have no ability to fix it, then it's not yours)

In the second place the authorities are taking care of him as part of the normal process

Go camping, enjoy!

LynnSr
Old 04-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnsr View Post
I am in reading this blog last For five days, sometimes laughing in stitches. I have never seen so many people that would hang someone for such, what is actually a minor offense in the grand scheme (Read my blogs you'll find that I think he's an idiot also)

But come on stevesumac you're "just trying to problem solve" I think you need a status check.

In the first place is not your problem to solve.... (if you have no ability to fix it, then it's not yours)

In the second place the authorities are taking care of him as part of the normal process

Go camping, enjoy!

LynnSr

Hi - I'm open to your status check.

Here's what I think:

1) Andersen asked for suggestions on how to make this better - I offered my thoughts. I'm hoping it might make a difference

2) as a former customer (admittedly for a small chunk of change overall) I feel I have a right and obligation to speak out.

3) There's a lot of land in America that American citizens own or share rights in using. So I actually think I can try to mitigate the problem of vandalism of our shared property by speaking out against it.

Maybe I'm naive.

My single actions won't mean anything. If 1,000,000 people felt the same way and took the same actions - would things be different? If 10,000,000 felt that way? 370,000,000?

My country, my land, my resources, my problem - I am trying to fix it.

I don't blame you for laughing.

Would you join me though?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
Imagine if we all left our mark..it would be so awful. He had enough warnings to stop and chose not to. Maximum is $100,000 and 1 year in jail. He needs to make a sweet deal of lots of money and community service to prevent this from happening as often as we can.

Should now be his lifeline goal are the consequences for his business and employees are grave. If he cannot do this then I for one would like him to have jail time.

Become a better person for the rest of your life. You have desecrated something that took millions of years to make for all of us to enjoy.

Hope the powers that be can find out if he did the other Andersen. I think that is possible.

Glad my chocks and levelers are not red.

Sorry but some of you are being to kind..now is not the time.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #204
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
-- snip --- laughing in stitches. --- snip -- not your problem to solve.... -- snip --
Not a laughing matter and the defacement of public lands is everyone's problem to solve. Without the involvement of a bystander, this perp would have not been identified. No, not a laughing matter. Pat
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #205
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:

Go camping, enjoy!

LynnSr
LynnSr, I'm not entirely sure what a "status check" is, but if we all felt that the defacement of public lands is not our problem to solve, we may not be able to "go camping, enjoy" as you suggest. We are allowed to express our opinions and possible solutions regarding this criminal act as SSM did. Personally, I feel there is no punishment harsh enough for this man, especially if he is a repeat offender.
He committed a willful act of destruction against OUR property and hopefully will feel the legal, personal, and business repercussions that he so dearly deserves.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #206
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:

Go camping, enjoy!

LynnSr
EXCUSE ME! But this IS my land and I take offense to anyone who says this is not my my problem to voice my concern over those who choose to disrespect it. Please include your address so I can carve my initials on your property for you to enjoy.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

Old 04-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #207
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
EXCUSE ME! But this IS my land and I take offense to anyone who says this is not my my problem to voice my concern over those who choose to disrespect it. Please include your address so I can carve my initials on your property for you to enjoy.
I bet I can beat you there first!
It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. The importance of that expression doubles in significance if you made the conscious decision to "go without it" and then ended up needing it.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #208
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
May I join the chorus . . .

"This land is your land, this land is my land
From California to the New York island
From the redwood forest, to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and me

"As I went walking that ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway
And saw below me that golden valley
This land was made for you and me"

Woody Guthrie
Copyright 1956
[Renewed many times thereafter]
Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #209
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I believe this land "was your land" unless you own a fracking company, then maybe you can lease it and call it your land again.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:52 AM   #210
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Social media flamers vrs. Wild West lynch mob.

Discuss.

Regards,

JD

Old 04-12-2018, 05:00 AM   #211
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Or . . .

Go straight to The Argue Thread, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ead-60297.html

Old 04-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #212
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Let's tread carefully. We don't want this thread shut down. Let's keep it alive so people are aware of the situation and can act as they see fit.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #213
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Ada , Michigan
If I happened to be an outsider to what would I think about airstreamers if I tripped across this?
Old 04-12-2018, 06:26 AM   #214
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
"Fool's names appear in public places", my mother told me that, she was the best person I have ever known. As an adult, he will have to suffer the consequences of his actions, but she would have forgiven him, but never forgot.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #215
Rivet Master

2018 27' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronderful View Post
If I happened to be an outsider to what would I think about airstreamers if I tripped across this?
Well if I was a cop and stopped an air streamer for a traffic violation no matter how small I would bypass the verbal warning stage and completely inspect the rig, then ticket the traffic violation.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #216
NO HUMBLE OPINION

1968 20' Globetrotter
ANN ARBOR , THE GREAT LAKES
What Would Rocky Do?

We know were not a court of law and justice… We're a court of Public Opinion. Important to vent and voice feelings, interact, and hopefully everyone does something heartfelt like SteveSueMac..

Maybe a national figurehead should indeed be a Raccoon. They're tough little guys that I'd want on my side in a fight. All ages and cultures can relate to them.

If there were a Raccoon Mascot type figurehead and slogan for national land protection, like Smokey the Bear's “Only You..”, with a poignant, consequential message, toned down from outrage, what would it say?? “Leave No Trace” isn't being universally respected.

“Rocky didn't like that, He said... I'm going to get that boy”... Paul McCartney

“Feelin' Lucky, Punk?” “Go ahead, make my day” “I'll be back”

But seriously, I know that “both barrels” and “gut-shot” warned by a Clint Eastwood/Raccoon isn't going to fly, so I wonder what is an appropriate, concise, consequential message to all ages and cultures??

Not condoning violence, but I like this guy… Image from google...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rocky.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	308525  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #217
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Remember, remember, remember

make a real difference

change the behavior

not public land
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #218
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronderful View Post
If you're saying what would someone think of this thread, I think they'd see that we care about the public lands we enjoy.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #219
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I'm in Arches now. In the park brochure there is an article about how they are trying to repair the infamous 6' long "Andersen". Seems a coincidence another "Andersen" grafitti.

I've seen some graffiti on my hikes. Names scratched on walls near Navaho Arch one dated 2018, large arrows scratched into walls on Primitive trail to point to the wrong direction. They know it's wrong but still do it. Extreme case of narcissism, so sick. I don't own any Andersen products and never will now.

https://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvis...ws2018_web.pdf

Kelvin
Old 04-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #220
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I think this leaves us all just shaking our heads in wonder how someone could be so careless of our national treasures. I still can't wrap my head around the scout leader who toppled one of the formations at Goblin Valley State Park just a couple of years ago.

Leave no trace.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
Closed Thread