Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #71
Rivet Master
1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Calf Cramps

For cramps in your calf muscles, stand flat footed, shoeless, facing a wall at arm's length. Lean forward using your arms for support until your face touches the wall (keep those feet flat on the floor). Do this 10 times, and do three sets a week and those calf cramps will disappear in short order.

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Austin, TX "Rancho Deluxe"
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #72
Rivet Master
1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Wd 40

Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
OK...I tried the WD40 thing for my arthritis and It worked! I now use it on my hands, feet, knees and low more squeaking ... No really it does help relieve pain. My husband finally gave it a try for his shoulder and back because it couldn't go to sleep and BAM 10 min later he was out!

The reason I went ahead and tried this is I had talked to a girl that's 93 year old grandmother had been using it for pain for over 30 years with no side effects.....hey ...thats a longer test than most meds get before they are released for us to use.

HERE IS THE CLINCHER! I tried it on ear mites and it worked! My little dog got ear mites in one ear from the neighbors kittens on one of her visits.

I felt so bad for her, it was Sunday and the Vet was closed. I thought I would spray some WD40 in her ear and rub it in real well. I did it then cleaned her ear out, sprayed it in again then gave her a bath. Since WD stands for "water displacement" i figured it would keep the water from her ear drum.
Long story longer....about 20 min. after the bath she stopped shaking her head and scratching her ear....It's been over 48 hours and not one ear itch.....
I now call WD...Wax Displacement!
...I will be glad when animals can talk.....

AIR-Quarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #73
Rivet Master
1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Jellyfish sting _ Use meat tenderizer to neutralize the toxin

Bee/Wasp sting - the aforementioned spit and tobacco (any variety works not just pipe tobacco)

Water trapped in ear - a few drops of rubbing alcohol in the ear will let it drain, also works for other ear problems

Arthritis pain - Sounds crazy I know, but let a bee sting the affected area, it really works

Hangover - Learned this trick while I was in the Army, after a long night of drinking, drink a quart of Gatorade before going to bed and another after waking up. A hangover is simply dehydration from the alcohol.

Mouth ulcers (canker sores) - flush the area with Listerine. Burns like hell, but kills the bacteria in the sore and it will go away much more quickly

Sunburn pain - bath the area in vinegar (Makes you smell funky, but makes the sting go away)
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
1997 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dually 6.5L Turbo Diesel
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #74
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
...I will be glad when animals can talk.....

76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote