Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #61
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
Preparation H works quickly on swollen eyelid bags.

Nail polish treats chigger bites.
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Centramatics.
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by henw View Post
Preparation H works quickly on swollen eyelid bags.

Nail polish treats chigger bites.
P H will not be put on my face, HUMMMM maybe it will

work on my belly!!
Sixty3TW4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post
I had a lot of leg cramps during my pregnancies. Took calcium pills & that made them go away. Don't know if that would help the male gender?!
Hi, Becky, you might have something there; I have been taking a lot of Calcium and haven't got pregnant yet.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabLover View Post
One of the best ways to deal with red wine spillage is with a white wine chaser. That’s right. If you spilled your red wine, pour a glass of white over the stain. The white wine actually neutralizes the red wine.
I don't like wasting good wine . ASAP after spilling the red wine, pour on some soda water from the bar. The stain will go away & you still have the white wine to enjoy .
Jim
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #65
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Licker kures a bunch....
Old 05-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
pycnogenol use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525 View Post
Pycnogenol, an extract from the bark of French maritime pine and available at health food stores, has allegedly been known to cure or arrest the spread of cancer.
A friend of mine dosed it to her little Yorkie that had been pronounced terminal within 1 month by a vet and the little dog lived to a ripe old age.
I was introduced to this product by an oncologist in Florida who provides it to all of his patients and claims to have seen miraculous results.
Don’t pooh-pooh it unless you’ve tried it.
Pycnogenol is an antioxidant much stronger than grape seed. I’m curious to know if any other members have experience with this product.
I called in for a bottle today of this suppliment. And also ran thru youtube and got lots of good feedback...thanks for sending the book man! I will keep you posted.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
This worked/works

I read this post and passed it on to a friend of ours that has been plagued with this for decades..He tried it and IT WORKED! He is very grateful and now will wear flip flops this summer.....it changed his life.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
Yes, for those who have the fungus under their toenail ...I had a girlfrind that applied Vicks VAPO Rub to all around that area of the toenail and covered it with a balloon like thing (probably not that!) and it cured it withen two weeks.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Orion , Illinois
Extra strength Tums with calcium will stop leg crams almost instantly.
63air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
People with cat allergies need to learn that this does not happen from the hair of the cat, but rather the saliva (SLOBBER)--from the pet licking itself...a damp warm rag and wipe down the fur will reduce your symptoms. How'd we get the word 'slobber' from saliva anyway? ...lol
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
WD40 and Ear Mites

OK...I tried the WD40 thing for my arthritis and It worked! I now use it on my hands, feet, knees and low back...no more squeaking ... No really it does help relieve pain. My husband finally gave it a try for his shoulder and back because it couldn't go to sleep and BAM 10 min later he was out!

The reason I went ahead and tried this is I had talked to a girl that's 93 year old grandmother had been using it for pain for over 30 years with no side effects.....hey ...thats a longer test than most meds get before they are released for us to use.

HERE IS THE CLINCHER! I tried it on ear mites and it worked! My little dog got ear mites in one ear from the neighbors kittens on one of her visits.

I felt so bad for her, it was Sunday and the Vet was closed. I thought I would spray some WD40 in her ear and rub it in real well. I did it then cleaned her ear out, sprayed it in again then gave her a bath. Since WD stands for "water displacement" i figured it would keep the water from her ear drum.
Long story longer....about 20 min. after the bath she stopped shaking her head and scratching her ear....It's been over 48 hours and not one ear itch.....
I now call WD...Wax Displacement!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Calf Cramps

For cramps in your calf muscles, stand flat footed, shoeless, facing a wall at arm's length. Lean forward using your arms for support until your face touches the wall (keep those feet flat on the floor). Do this 10 times, and do three sets a week and those calf cramps will disappear in short order.
"Rancho Deluxe"
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Wd 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
OK...I tried the WD40 thing for my arthritis and It worked! I now use it on my hands, feet, knees and low back...no more squeaking ... No really it does help relieve pain. My husband finally gave it a try for his shoulder and back because it couldn't go to sleep and BAM 10 min later he was out!

The reason I went ahead and tried this is I had talked to a girl that's 93 year old grandmother had been using it for pain for over 30 years with no side effects.....hey ...thats a longer test than most meds get before they are released for us to use.

HERE IS THE CLINCHER! I tried it on ear mites and it worked! My little dog got ear mites in one ear from the neighbors kittens on one of her visits.

I felt so bad for her, it was Sunday and the Vet was closed. I thought I would spray some WD40 in her ear and rub it in real well. I did it then cleaned her ear out, sprayed it in again then gave her a bath. Since WD stands for "water displacement" i figured it would keep the water from her ear drum.
Long story longer....about 20 min. after the bath she stopped shaking her head and scratching her ear....It's been over 48 hours and not one ear itch.....
I now call WD...Wax Displacement!
...I will be glad when animals can talk.....
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #73
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Jellyfish sting _ Use meat tenderizer to neutralize the toxin

Bee/Wasp sting - the aforementioned spit and tobacco (any variety works not just pipe tobacco)

Water trapped in ear - a few drops of rubbing alcohol in the ear will let it drain, also works for other ear problems

Arthritis pain - Sounds crazy I know, but let a bee sting the affected area, it really works

Hangover - Learned this trick while I was in the Army, after a long night of drinking, drink a quart of Gatorade before going to bed and another after waking up. A hangover is simply dehydration from the alcohol.

Mouth ulcers (canker sores) - flush the area with Listerine. Burns like hell, but kills the bacteria in the sore and it will go away much more quickly

Sunburn pain - bath the area in vinegar (Makes you smell funky, but makes the sting go away)
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
2001 GMC 3500 4x4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
LOL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
...I will be glad when animals can talk.....