Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
London's Hurtin...

AS U may well of already heard, London suffered a spate of bombings this mornin, at Her Underground stations, & a public Bus, so far 33 lives have been lost through this senselessness, so I ask U ALL 2 say a lttl prayer 4 the ones who r suffering...Thank You...& God Bless...Chris.....
Old 07-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
A terrible tragedy, indeed.
Any news on who dunit?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re London...

At present there R so many versions bein said, abt whom is responsible 4 the bombins, I Do NOT wish 2 comment, however, WE makin sure Yr President is SAFE...Chris.....
Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
AS U may well of already heard, London suffered a spate of bombings this mornin, at Her Underground stations, & a public Bus, so far 33 lives have been lost through this senselessness, so I ask U ALL 2 say a lttl prayer 4 the ones who r suffering...Thank You...& God Bless...Chris.....
Our hearts go out to you all and be sure your in our thoughts and prayers.
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
It's a cruel and cowardly way to make a political statement. Our hearts go out to those effected by the tragedy.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Our prayers for the families and, speedy recovery for the injured!~
Chris, this could've just as well been our youngest son Nate, whom you met in Boston..
He traveled thru London this past weekend, on his way to Africa.
regards,
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Chris,

what an early morning shock!!! I had the news running the whole day... They said "Terror is back" but it was never gone, people just tend to forget that... Hopefully we will win the war on terror someday and this world (and europe) will be a bit safer.

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Our hearts are broken. How could some humans be so cruel? We are keeping our friends in the United Kingdom in our prayers.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. The pain and suffering of innocent lives lost and ruined because of cowards is hard to understand.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Wink The midwest cries for you too...

and offers our prayers. Somehow, I just can't understand how two groups of people can read the same religious book and interrupt it so differently.

Holy war? There is nothing "holy" about any war.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:52 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Thank You...

Thank U ALL 4 Yr KIND words, & 4 Yr Prayers, London HAS knwn this would happen, & WE ALL kn that WAITIN feelin... It is so sad that a few mindles fanatics can C what they have caused, & say, " I did that "...& B branded a HERO by their followers...they R nothing but COWARDS thro & thro...
One day, WORLD PEACE will WIN..., maybe Not in OUR time, 'til then lets ALL stand 2gether & Fight 4 freedom, without the need 2 shed blood...
It CAN b done, it WILL b done...God Bless U ALL...Chris.....
Old 07-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Chris, Dude! It's hard to type when I can't stop my head from shaking in disbelief. My prayers and heart go out to you and your country. Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Deeper....

I guess wot U C on TV & read in the papers is only the surface of it all, think of the poor Guys who gotta clean it all up, there R STILL unknown INNOCENT victims in those tunnels, someones loved ones, MUMMIES & DADDIES....
I guess We ALL have thought at some time abt the trouble in far away places, & kinda thought, well it's OK on other people's doorstep, hundreds of miles away, it has NO effect on us... OK, London is abt 165 miles away from where I R.. & it has affected Me, Nothing is movin, well very little...& it's said London WILL get bk 2 NORMAL...What upon this Earth IS NORMAL...Do a few mindless people call this NORMAL, almost everyday this evil is raisin it's ugly head, in one Country or another...so Y do we accept it as Normal, it's jus beyond belief...it deeply saddens Me....
Lets say there R 1 Million Bad Guys in the world, & say abt 25 Billion Good Guys...how come We can't sort it out...I don't kn how those people can sleep at nite, I realy don't...Chris.....
Old 07-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Chris,

People that do these things have a totally different mindset then "normal" people. We each try to go through this life and do what is right. Most people want to get along and have a geniune concern for others, but sadly there are those who do not care for human life. I can say here in Mississippi their are many churches praying for London and my family is also.
Dawn
early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Chris, this all brings 9/11 crashing back for many of us: like you, near but not at the center of the violence, stunned by the disparity of values and broken hearted by the incomprehensible tragedy. Yes, our thoughts and prayers are for you and your homeland, for all victims of terrorism, and for the Earth we share. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:01 AM   #16
Craftsman

Cowards who take the lives of innocent unsuspecting people in the most brutal way possible to draw attention to what, a cause an injustice? Our prayers go out to the victims ,their families and friends.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:15 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Such a waste...

Hi Dawn, well lookin bk at History, the world seems 2B a nation of wars, in one form or another... Even the history of Mississippi, in the 50'-60's, I read the books & seen the films, & U kn, after all this time it STILL goes on, senseless slaughter, OK, people, well faces hidin behind masks, still insist their way IS the right way, but it's not, what happened in 911 & London & oh so many, many other places around the world MUST STOP, N O W...
My D/D went to Ground Zero from Boston, & put flowers there durin one of Her many visits to N E.. She did the trip 4 ME, She knew I wanted 2 go there but I jus could'nt make it, I wanted 2 go My self, but I aint as well as I used 2 B, the winters put Me down...I not thawed out yet from our '04 trip 2 Boston...NO I aint kiddin...that's Y We ALL comin BACK 2 Florida in Nov for 21 nites... 2 get re-chared.....
A lot of local, Churches open the doors & provide candles 4 folk 2 lite in memory, I done one on My way home from work 2 day..., We have wagons waitin in London 2B unloaded...many have U-turned, & goods have failed 2 get in2 the stores...so I guess folks gonna miss a few pickles...some folk gonna MISS a lot, a hell of a LOT more than food......God Bless them ALL, & once agn Many, Many thanks 4 Yr KIND WORDS...Chris.....
Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 AM   #18
Rivet Master

All my friends and relations (including my 86 year old mother-in-law, and young children) who live in London are encouraged by our national leaders to carry on life as usual, to use the subway and buses, and that this is the way to show the terrorists that they cannot succeed. We woke up this morning to hear the main story on BBC news is that the USAF has ordered its ten thousand staff in England not to enter the whole of London inside the beltway (M25), comprising over one thousand square miles, I guess. This is both on and off duty. You can imagine the effect of this information here in England. Is this decision common knowledge in the USA? Nick.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:49 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
have not heard that on the news. It would not be a supportive move if that is the case.
We should be showing people how to go on and not be " terrorized" by the heartless, and confused maniacs who persist in killing to try to screw up a lifestyle they do not have or understand.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:35 AM   #20
Rivet Master

On the lunchtime news the BBC has just announced that, after the USAF in the UK was "beseiged" by reporters, meetings were held with senior politicians, and the decision has been reversed, after 5 days. Nick.