Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
We SHALL.......

Hi ALL.... Jus 2 say, We shall NOT B put down by a few mindless sods, we may B a lttl upset 2 say the least, but life Must go on...& it WILL, ALL of London knws that the world IS behind us, in the Fight against Terrorism, there R MORE " GOODIES " than Baddies....
However "" NEWS ""... People HAVE bn ARRESTED in conection with the incident, at LEEDS, abt 20 miles from Me...& most of an area in the City has bn closed off ALL day, whilst enquiries r takin place, so hopefuly, things R lookin up...Chris.....
Old 07-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #22

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
On the news they said the suspects were located in Yorkshire, so I immediately thought of you. Getting a little too close to home for you now! I'm glad they are hunting the bad guys down. Maybe all those cameras were good for something after all.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #23
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Question You are not alone!

Like Mr. Churchill said never never never give up!
Thanks for setting a good example for the rest of us in the face of such fearful things to persevere.
Blessings!
Steph
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Chris, I'm not hearing anything about personal reaction towards the immigrant community. We did pretty well over here after 9/11. What's your take on feelings between the Muslim and non-Muslims? I can only hope some good will come from all the deaths to get the good people of the world to wake up and work together to stop these followers of a death cult. Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Good Point...

Hi ALL, Turtle, Good "Q",... Now seems I R vry SLOW at typin, ( Dyslexic Finger ), I'll jus run thro some stuff & U may pick up on a few things, There R some of My OWN thoughts & sum via Papers & TV News OK ?...
A Driver said the same thing abt Being Yorkshire 'n CLOSE 2 the area of the Babarians who tried 2 stop London, Me, I'm from jus outside London, ESSEX, so Yorkie May B My HONME now, but I class My self as an Outsider...
Right now in the Leeds area, Muslims R VRY nervous, We were expectin a Multi race clash, riots, even Muslims r against Muslims..Well it's kinda slow at kikin off, so I guess things R gonna B jus fine, Sadly tho, there R a FEW mindless sods who think they can make things right IF they took the law in2 their Own hands...& start Pikin on the Honest Decent hard workin every day average families, & BLAME them, 'cos they R a MUSLIM, U kn wot I mean...Same tar brush, & YES the MUSLIMS R Scared...Vry SCARED of being hunted down, found guilty & Punnished 4 something that had NOTHING 2 do with at all...
( NEWS ), 3 of the 4 bombers were KILLED, one at large, ALL SEEN on CAMERA SMILING 30 mins B4 Explosions, Hire car found with Explosives packed inside.
Still a FULL POLICE / Army Alert... London IS gettin bk 2 bein mobile once agn, vry slowly tho, the People of Our Great City, r on edge, but takin it all in, & r MORE Alert & returnin bk 2 work...
Steph... If Our Great Mr. Churchill was STILL here...He would have Fought the Baddies in their OWN HOMES, nvr mind the Beaches... US Brits R jus like U Guys...Carry on reguardless...DO wat WE CAN, do our bit, BUT but PLEASE leave the FINDINS 2 the PEOPLE who r TRAINED in these unforseen tragic moments, Let them DO the KIKKIN of the right BADDIES...IF there IS any Kikkin 2 B done...Are'nt we ALL affraid, & sufferin enough, so lets NOT take it outta the WRONG, GOOD GUYS...OK...Hey I felt 911, jus as much as each & every one of U DID, I send MY DONATION 2 the Red Cross, I STILL wear My twin Flag PIN BADGE...& IF I gone 2 LONDON, I wooda bn turned around, cos so many People were helpin, there were jus 2 many...in this case too many hands made the work harder...Agn, Many FANX 4 Yr Support...May God Bless U ALL...Chris.....
Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #26

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Thanks for the update, Chris. That's the kind of news we don't get over here. Sounds a lot like what happened here after 911 - shows we're half a world away, be people are the same everywhere. Some scared, some vigilanties, lots of heros trying to help.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Still Nothing...

Hi Guys, Someone asked Me if was still Proud 2B British, why NOT..., jus 'cos I NOT had My hair cut for a few months, don't mean I don't like barbers....
I watched CNN durin Yr " Bad Time "... & I r still amazed at the findins, jus 1 tiny piece of something, can solve a nightmate... Our Police r lookin 4 1 person who is THOUGHT 2B the Bomb maker, a 22y/o student from Egypt, He is a CHEMIST & stayed at one of the bombers rented flat....
We had a 2 min Silence at work 2day, & as I am a Safety Rep, I actualy booked a Guy, who said I NOT got a DADDY...simply 'cos I SHUT his truck off whilst we were havin our 2 Mins...He said it did'nt affect Him, I Don't preach Religion / Politics... but it offended Me 2 C Him blatenly IGNORE the " Time Out Period "... He WILL get a Verbal warning, & I KN 4 a fact that He will NOT get any sympathy from anyone, Jus a lttl incident, I kn, but it's the Princible.
We R STILL on High alert, & houses R Still being raided by the Police & Anti Terr: / Agents, throughout the Whole of England, Arrests Have bn made & jus as one thinks it's all died down now, I can assure U, Nothin will B left unturned until those who done this awful attact on London's Innocent are Locked away 4 EVER...Chris.....
Old 07-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Chris,

Just wanted to check and see if you and your family are alright. Let us know.
Dawn
early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Very safe...

Hi Dawn...
Dawn, So Sorry 4 not replyin sooner, I have NO idea Y I nvr checked the site, tho wiv My Mum bein poorly I guess I jus bn Tired or outta time...However...FANX 4 Yr Concern, YES My Family & I r jus fine, all the agro is a fair way from us, luckily, !, but it's sadly NOT over YET, not by a long straw, The Police have made a fantastic job of huntin the B*"!+=^> down... Thank God they only Scarred Our Beautiful City, Like yr own 911, WE will NEVER give in our fight 2 make our lttl land safe once more...
2 Day the victims Next of kin were awarded £ 11, 000 compensation...now I DO not wish 2 go in2 My opinions abt this. But vat is far LESS than wot I earn in 1 year... Is the price someone is worth 2day... a few measely £££s...
We all hope U R keepin well at Yr side of the "" Pond "" & enjoyin Yr Campin season...Have a Fab time...God Bless America...Chris.....
Old 08-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Glad to hear ya'll are doing ok. Hope one day I can visit your side of the pond, always wanted to.

Dawn
early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
I have just read the above entries for the first time and know there is information yet to be added. Feeling the emotions and sadness in each post, I think, "Why can't the world be more like the terriffic people from here in our forums?" I looked back at the different cities in this country and Europe the posts came from and realized this IS what the world is like. It's so very hard to see that when really bad things happen. (ie:The news today says 14 more U.S. servicemen were killed in Iraq in addition to 6 from two days before - ALL from the same battalion out of Ohio. Whatever ones position on the war, this is tragic ....... and on it goes.)

Yes, there are very bad people out there. Bad people who don't fight fair and won't show their faces, the lowest of low, the filthy rotten cowards.

Inspite of all the blood and hatred, I choose to hold in my heart the knowledge there are more of us than them.

May God bless us all and especially those in special need.

Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote