Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
How are YOU celebrating this 4th of July?

Happy Fourth of July to all of you Forum members! Our country is so big, that we wonder how everyone is celebrating in various regions. Max and I and our son Stephen are having a pretty quiet (well, except for all the surrounding fire-cracker shooting neighbors!) day, waiting for our youngest daughter to get here from Blue Springs, MO, and then we'll head to our other daughter's home in Jefferson City for ribs barbecue and then the grand music and fireworks display over the MO river in front of the Capitol. Landon, our 5-year-old grandson, should be ecstatic this year over the bangs and booms. The two older ones, 17 and going-on 15, won't be seen with us downtown, but they'll enjoy the fun with their peers, while keeping one eye on us! The other part of our family has traveled Up North to enjoy the 4th in Grand Marais, MN, one of our favorite camping places in America. I could be jealous, but I'm working to control that! They'll have a wonderful time introducing another couple (friends) to all the family traditions that surround our vacations in GM. Here at home, we'll ooh and aah and sing off key and have a wonderful time too--if we don't get poured on about dusk. What are YOU doing today? Happy 4th! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Cool Howdy from next door!!!

I waved at you across the line, Georgia.. Did you see me?

Very quiet here today. Hubby is laying under Moby again to see what's missing. Evidently a very large piece is missing underneath; like a galvanized pan for the black tank!!! We had rain last night and it's very humid today.

We don't have to shoot off fireworks as we live on a hill and see everyone else's. A professional fireworks guy lives in the subdivision just north of us and they had their big display last night. The humidity kept them from going very high and the concussions were VERY loud. But they were beautiful. Didn't stay outside much because of the mosquitos.

As for me, I'm just keeping cool and celebrating by eating red/white/blue bomb pops and looking at web sites for mattresses for the AS. That's my job.... The original arrangement was - Hubby does outside and systems and I do interior and decorating. It's working.

Happy 4th all and God Bless America!!

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Began the day by participating in an old fashioned Fourth of July parade through a Fort Worth neighborhood lined with familys and dogs. We threw candy to the kids and dog biscuits to the dogs. What a blast! Dinner in a backyard tonight with good friends to cap it all off. What a great day to celebrate the birth of our wonderful country. May God continue to bless us all. We hope you all have a fun and safe day.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
I am in Charleston, SC home of the guy that started the whole 4th of July Fireworks tradition. I will probably watch the fireworks from the motel balcony. If I have it calculated right I can see at least 3 of the 5 local displays from my vantage point Other than that, chat night for a bit and early to bed. Have to be at work at 0600 Wednesday morning

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2004 19' International CCD
Ridgefield , Connecticut
DARNIT we just found out about an hour ago that our town fireworks display has been postponed 'till Saturday. We live in the Southwestern corner of CT bordering New York State and a whole slew of nasty thunderstorms just went ripping throught the area. We live in a lake community and the association always hosts a wonderful BBQ at the beach, which is conveniently located in an area where we can see all the town fireworks without battling the crowds. They were expecting over 200 people at our small beach this afternoon. All the little children are very disappointed, but at least we have Saturday to look forward to. I have Sparky set up in the driveway and my son and I slept there last night. If the rain lets up maybe we'll do the same tonight. we're fortunate to live in a neighborhood that closely resembles a lovely campground with white pines and a beautiful lake, so it really feels like camping even though we're in our front yard. Here's a link to the lake assoc. website- if you look REALLY CLOSELY at the aerial views you can almost spot Sparky in our front yard by the lake!
HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!!
http://www.geocities.com/mamanasco_2000/
Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
We did all things domestic today. Worked on the bus, did a little irrigation relo, Julie worked in the garden.
We even made an offering to our local Lowes!
We made plans over the weekend for our trip to Oregon and Califorina the end of this month.
Looking forward to seeing the left coast ... even if I do have to leave Airstream One here at home.
Hope you all had a great weekend!! Happy Independence Day... just think, if it had gone the other way... you could be Canadians too.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Grillin' and chillin'

Just back home from two weeks below the Mason-Dixon line. Watering plants, hey the garden survived(!) , ipod dancing through my chores as sonny boy napped and hubby took a training bikeride. Love the Airstream, but I sure do like being home in the summertime!! Grilled dinner, and just stayed home!! We'll be watching fireworks from the backyard.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Biked rural Stearns County on the Lake Wobegon Trail between Albany and Holdingford. Gawrsh, those little towns all folded the sidewalks to head to St. Jo for the parade! Temps in the upper 70s -- heavenly!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
We have a two week old little girl and I'm recovering from a broken leg, so we opted to stay in this year. The timing couldn't be better, as we have received some much needed rain al day! We do have some family in town, and we just finished enjoying a smoked pork butt roast that was on the smoker for 16 1/2 hours!!!
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2009 28' Flying Cloud
Piedmont , Quebec
Send a message via AIM to maerix
Happy 4th of July to all !

www.cybairstream.com
maerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Happy fourth to all!!!

We went over to a friends house and had lunch. Then we left and went to our towns celebration with bands and a parade and just ended the night up with fireworks.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Worked on the airstream all day, trying to be ready to leave on the 12th for AR. to see our son and family. Today I removed the toilet to repair the leaking vacuum breaker only to find the ball valve had cracks too. Tomorrow it is to the RV parts store to buy parts or new toilet. Last week we replaced all the plumbing with pex. We have to replace a wheel seal and change the oil. I hope this is all the things we have to fix as I need to clean and get it loaded to go. We had rain part of the day and it was cool to work outside.

Good 4th

Kay and Roy
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
We spent most of the weekend here at our apartment. I just couldn't get into the festivities for thinking of my grandson who's walking the streets of Fallujah Iraq with his fellow Marines. ------- pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Thumbs up celebrating and disinfecting

Watched the shuttle launch with our 4 and 6 year olds then off to an ol' fashioned Santa Barbara 4th of July celebration complete with a picnic, a dixieland band, hay rides and ice cream sundaes. A very patriotic morning!

The afternoon wasn't so fun as I spent it disinfecting our trailer after finding the remains of a rat in the back of a closet. YUCK! I guess it must have died in there while the previous owners still had it. Makes me wonder what other gross things are lurking about in the dark corners.

Fortunately, the day ended on an up note as we watched a spectacular fireworks display at the beach. The kids had a blast!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Happy Hols...

...Well I tried & tried, but NO way could I get in2 ASF Yesterday... at all, so Here it is... " HAPPY 4th JULY 2U ALL "... however I did listen 2 the Shuttle via My scanner, I picked up some repeater mode & heard lots of things, followed by the Press Questions, I was on a high all nite & still excited I heard Our Guy talkin abt His payload bay & His 2 tones of gear 4 the Stace station... Anyhow I realy hope U Guys enjoyed Yrselfes & if Yr on Vacation, I'll B lookin 4ward 2 readin all abt Yr adventures, so wotever U do, PLEASE do it SAFELY, & ENJOY...Chris.....
Old 07-05-2006, 04:56 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Spent the weekend in the Airstream, boondocking on the Suwanee river, here in Florida. Friends invited us to camp with them on their 25 acre lot. We had 3 boats and did a lot of spring hopping and river cruising. I'll post some pics later!
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Watched the launch from the community's clubhouse - prepaired pork loin for a group of 50 - enjoyed same. We Americans are truly blessed.
I live in Salt Springs Village - the ulitimate homebase located in the Ocala National Forest. Send a PM for more information.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
We had a clambake/cookout at our lakehouse with friends.....mmmmm good. Our son topped off the evening by putting on a great fireworks display along with everyone else at the lake. The place was really lit up!
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #19
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Our city's childrens' parade lines up in front of our house, so the whole morning is usually a steady stream of kids in costume, decorated wagons and bikes, and the occasional over-the-top pirate ship or covered wagon. We were decorating our yard, and in pulling out the decorations I came across some leftovers from a 4th of July party we had a few years ago. I decided all that stuff had to go - patriotic leis, necklaces, bubbles, gliders, and pinwheels. We hauled the box of prizes down to the sidewalk and started handing them out to the kids. We had a blast - we've decided to do this again next year. Totally worth it to see all those smiles!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #20
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We were at Ft. Wilderness Campground at Walt Disney World. Great campground. Amoung all the other activities available to campground guest, we watched the annual golf cart parade. So neat we are planning on putting our own entry in next year...just have to buy a golf cart between now and then. Anybody now a good source for golf carts at a bargin?
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote