When I asked about bag height:
Originally Posted by 87MH
Bag height should be 10 1/2", max weight on tag should be 1500
lbs on each tire.......
Yours may not be the same - there should be a tag located on the axel stating the max allowable weight (mine is located at the midpoint, on the rear horizontal face of the tag axel).
Did you find anything else wrong during the inspection?
Things I found wrong?
When I asked if the awning was in good shape or not the owner (who had it only 5 months or so) said "I think it's a little torn up", I figured that was just something I would need to fix, and hadn't planned on using it that much anyway. Well, when I got it to my In-laws house after the test drive we opened it up...
Can you guess?!!....
It was awesome! hah! That guy musta' never opened it, I don't know why he told me that, I'll have to post pictures soon. I don't know a lot about these but it sure seemed in good shape to me. It unrolled easily, the arms slid easily, there were no tears it was not tattered...I'd say it was in great shape! Those are the kind of suprizes that I like to find!
Things I already knew:
- The track for the sliding door to the bathroom needs some help
- The carpet needs to be cleaned
- The blackwater tank needs to be replaced
- Paint is peeling in a few spots
Things I found out during the test drive and inspection:
- I love to drive it!
- Down = On for the tag tires
- Down = On for Portch light
- The front AC doesn't seem to get cold (the cable feels stuck, I hope that's all it is!)
- The horn doesn't honk (there are air horns on the top, and all I can find is the regular button on the steering wheel, and that does nothing.)
- Steering fluid was slightly over filled
- Needs a little Transmission fluid (still in the "safe zone")
- A few drawers need their travel latches to be adjusted...
good things I found during test drive/inspection
- Oil looked/smelled fine
- Exhaust smelled normal. No detected leaks
- Electric ignition has been installed (found the old points and a rotor in a tool box of goodies)
- The toolbox of goodies itself
- All lights (interior and exterior) work properly
- Radio works (all 4 speakers)
- Roof AC works
- H2O pump is good
- bigger shower than I remember...
- Engine ran at a good tempurature
- Steering felt solid and had no shimmie or rattle
- Suspension felt very nice (even before I figured out that "up" was "off" for the air suspension)
- Air suspension pumps up quickly, guages all work well
And the biggest one of them all.....
- THE WIFE LIKES IT!!!
Heh, this is gonna be quite an adventure...I expect that the list of things that need to be fixed will grow faster than the list of things I like.
There is a lot more, I'll post it all later.
I'm looking forward to a long and healthy relationship!
p.s. one thing that we can't settle on is a name