Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #1

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
katy , Texas
Rear air ride suspension

Good day, I have a 1988 345,, Rear air ride not coming on was working till last week.can manually fill tank,but compressor not coming on,where can i get a wirring diagram to repair or any other ideas on what is wrong ..thank you,, Jim
katytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Ok What I would do is pull the out line off the compressor (Im assuming its a belt driven,sorry I have no knowledge of 345's,but aircompressors are aircompressors) and check if the compressor is indeed pumping. Sometimes the outlet will get carboned up and plug up. If not then it maybe the governor. Goveners are not hard to change.For this part you may have to go to a truck dealer, like KW,Pete, Freightliner or GMC. If it none of the above then there is a valve on the axle that can go bad.
In any case if you are not able to trouble shoot yourself, its best to take it too one of the above mentioned places. They are well versed in air-ride systems. Now if it has an electric compressor I cant help ya.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #3

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
katy , Texas
thanx it is electric compressor in right rear of mh
katytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Wimberley , Texas
Check to see in the compressor is getting power. If it is getting power then the brushes are probably worn out in the compressor. It will need to be either rebuilt or replaced. My mh has one that operates the Pac-Brake and the horn. I bought a replacement and had the old one rebuilt and carry it as a spare.
Grumpycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by katytx View Post
Good day, I have a 1988 345,, Rear air ride not coming on was working till last week.can manually fill tank,but compressor not coming on,where can i get a wirring diagram to repair or any other ideas on what is wrong ..thank you,, Jim
If you can manually fill tank, meaning turning on a pump switch, then it is the pressure sensor that normally turns it on. Follow the power line or air line out of pump and you should run into an electric valve or sensor on the air line.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote