Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
CBBOB

1976 31' Sovereign
1992 30' Airstream 30
El Dorado Hills , California
Owner's Manuals

We purchased our 92 30' from the orginal owner. The manual he had seems pretty generic. It attempts to cover all lenght MH but doesn't even mention the 30'. In comparison to the beautiful manual for our '76 Soverign trailer, it is pretty lacking. If this is the right manual, it seems that A/S hadn't updated since the late
80's. Is this typical? Is there another one out there? Any infoo would be appreciated. Thanks
CBBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
30 yr Airstreamer

2018 16' Sport
Port Townsend , Washington
You probably have the correct/original manual and yes this is typical. I have owned two 90's airstream trailers and now a 91 MH. They all came with these loose leaf 3 ring binders with the generic material. I have the 25ft model and other than the floor plan it is not mentioned either. On the plus side these do contain quite a bit more technical info than the old printed manuals. They just are not as pretty or model specific.
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
the manual for my 82 seems like it was put together as a project for a high school journalism class. Not that it is all bad ..... it gives some of the general info but doesn't really provide the details I would like. I did get a xerox of a more in depth service manual, and that has helped alhtough it was for an 84. I hope to get the Chassis manual from Chevrolet as well, I think it would be useful. You can print out many of the threads posted here and get a decent manual add on...for instance the pages on Tune ups, brakes, etc. The "unauthorized Airstream manual."
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 08:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Don't be too hard on Airstream Alan. When your MH was made, the 8088 processor was the big dog (green screen extra)! Back in 1982, the IBM typewriter was still king of the hill. That was the advent of the Apple II, Commodore 64, and TI 99/4A! Dot matrix printers did not have a letter quality mode. Remember NLQ? 9 pin print heads? The advent of PC, word processors, and laser printers really has improved the quality of publications.

Still, the meat is lacking from the manuals! Pretty basic stuff. Of course the units were new and the owners were not crawling all over them fixing things like we do. They just enjoyed them!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote