Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Looking for the 2010 International CCD

Picking 25' up either Thurs or Friday and didn't see a stickey for it under the international section. Will I be the first to ask for this?....LOL

Also been reading a lot of threads about quality control issues on new ones. I'm a little worried. My dealer here in Texas doesn't seem to very well Versed in Airstreams. Plus he's not next door. I'm a little worried about all the leaks and windows sticking,water heater not igniting....etc. Most of these posts were from about a year or two ago. Has Airstream addressed any of these issues? Or can I look for the same? I know it's not a mercedes or a Steinway but C'mon for 70,000 dollars you think it would be right,.....Right?

Inquiring minds wanna know,

Shane
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
OOO! Post some pictures please when you get it!

Congrats!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2008 28' Safari SE
winter garden , Florida
first thing you want to do is have the dealer open all the windows for you for the first time. I did not and they were all stuck or sealed shut from sitting on the lot. Not a big problem, you just have to take a quarter and gently pry them from the outside. My water heater fails to ignite the first time I turn it on every time we camp due to air in the lp line, this is also easy to cure, just light your stove first, this lets the air out. As far as leaks, don't have any on my 08. Corrosion yes, basically on the cast tail lights and wheels, had it from new, has not got any worse. Have locked ourselves out twice due to poor location of door lock, note to self, always have keys on you. Lastly, buy a new mattress, unless you can sleep on rocks. Thats about it, oh to answer your question, Airstream does not make changes, only improvements, so no nothing has changed.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
first thing you want to do is have the dealer open all the windows for you for the first time. I did not and they were all stuck or sealed shut from sitting on the lot. Not a big problem, you just have to take a quarter and gently pry them from the outside. ......................... .
Here is Airstream's sticky window advice.
Regards,
Ken
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sticky windows.pdf (58.9 KB, 89 views)
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Or, as our salesman suggested, simply use an old credit card from the outside - it's much easier to handle than the quarter as previously suggested. Work it around the rubber and it will work very well.

We have an '07 that we purchased new. It is presently at Jackson Center getting some minor warrantly work done - only because the warranty is about to expire and we thought it was time for them to take care of a couple of things - the monitor by the galley gives some false readings, a screw is broken off, the laminate on the galley counter needs to be re-glued, etc... We could have done several of the items but I feel better having them do them as they should have been done originally (and it helps living within 120 miles of the mother ship.)

Otherwise, we've had no problems with the workings of the TT. We've used her for thirty nights of so each of the first two summers and she's worked beautifully so don't anticipate a problem that really doesn't exist. Good luck and Happy 'Streamin.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. My one suggestion is to sleep in the trailer right away, close to your dealer. You will find issues right away (if there are any).
As for leaks, make sure you take a close look at the skylight. We discovered ours leaking in our second year.. I could see the cracks at the screws from inside the trailer. Hopefully, Airstream has used a better product since 2008 since I see that almost everyone has had issues with it. We had some other issue with the trailer but Airstream was great to deal with and they stood behind their product.
Our Warranty will be running out in April so we will be taking her out of storage and going over her with a fine toothed comb.
I'm sure you will be very pleased with your purchase, and plan to give tours while your camping or while it's parked in the driveway. Or neighbours loved ours so much that they went out and bought one for themselves. Now we have more camping buddies..

Regards

Paul

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Thanks all. Going to Get her Tomorrow at 2p.m. I'm Pumped. Papers signed already, just gotta do the walk-through and she's all mine. Gonna look at the windows and it's gonna be raining here tomorrow so I'll look for leaks also. The salseman said they have had this 2010 on their lot for about 3 months. Have the 2010 been out that long? Anyway, I'm Super excited. I still have my 76 Argosy in the driveway also. It's gonna look kewl to see the old and the new together. The Buyer is suppose to be here Wednesady to pick up the Arg.

Thanks I'll post pics when they make a sticky for a 2010 International CCD.

Shane
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote