Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Question Info on how many units of each Airstream built?

I was kinda curious about whether or not an active record has been kept, by Airstream or other party, regarding units manufactured; i.e., how many 31' Classics manufactured in 1982, how many Norman Rockwell Editions, etc. Seems like if someone was trying for a particular year/model it might give them an idea as to how much of an uphill battle finding it would be?

Cheers,

Dave
bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:00 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolis1
I was kinda curious about whether or not an active record has been kept, by Airstream or other party, regarding units manufactured; i.e., how many 31' Classics manufactured in 1982, how many Norman Rockwell Editions, etc. Seems like if someone was trying for a particular year/model it might give them an idea as to how much of an uphill battle finding it would be?

Cheers,

Dave
Hello Everyone,

I have not been on the net in awhile. The factory replied to an email I sent them with regards to my Airstream. They informed me that fifty Norman Rockwell Special Edition Trailers were produced. One for each state. I don't know how one could verify this or check which state mine grew up in. Ha!! Ha!!
igenerally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
doh
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Manchaca , Texas
No. Units producted

You can bet they do

They may not want to get into the business of being bothered with 1,000 questions though.

The serial number tells it all
Old 04-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doh
You can bet they do

They may not want to get into the business of being bothered with 1,000 questions though.
I'm not sure that anything in regards to the internal archives would be a sure bet. I have often wondered why there is so little info in play myself. I have read literally thousands of threads on this and the other Airstream sites but have only seen speculation and conjecture of the various model population questions.
I have found it odd too that no former member of Airstream management or even assembly (that I have ever seen) has become a contributing member of any of the various forums. Inland Andy is the one notable exception, having worked for the Carravanner Insurance division of the company.
I have oftened wondered how many of the alumnus own an Airstream. Whenever I have called the factory and talked to anyone I always ask. Of the 4 or 5 folks I have asked, one owned an Airstream, a vintage model.

Inland Andy have you ever owned one? What models?

As for the factory not wanting questions. I have no idea but they did open their own forum. However apparently only one employee has been used there to answer only a few questions. You'd have to think that in opening a board that they would certainly expect questions, but maybe that is not the boards purpose. Wish I knew.
jaco is offline   Reply With Quote