Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Billings, MT

Posted 07-20-2014 at 09:38 PM by silverlabs

The drive to Billings was scheduled to be a short one but we managed to make it an all day affair. We were chugging along, making good time, when I spotted a monument! We had to stop. It was supposed to be the national monument commemorating Little Big Horn but it was actually a museum built around the second tomb for the unknown soldier. We paid our respects and moved on.

And then...we found...the real monument at the next exit! We pulled off to take a peek because, well, we...
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Golden, CO Day 3

Posted 07-16-2014 at 11:10 PM by silverlabs

Playing catch up, yet again, thanks to the infamous campground WIFI.

The weather cleared enough for a morning walk with the dogs around the campground. As I rounded one corner where I knew an AS was I saw that their TV was a Raptor. This is my hubs' dream combination! He has been so disappointed that the weight combination doesn't work for the AS and other vehicles that we tow. I chatted a bit with the owners and tried to ask the questions I thought he would ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	4193   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	4194  

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	4195   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	4196  

4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Golden, CO Day 2

Posted 07-14-2014 at 10:52 PM by silverlabs

Day 2 started bright and early with a trip into Denver to watch the son of a friend play in a lacrosse tournament. His game was scheduled to start at 9 so we grabbed a quick breakfast, walked the dogs, and left the rv park before many campers had begun to stir.

Just as we got very close to the field we discovered that the game had been delayed due to the storms the night before. So we thought, now what do we do? The trusty nav system indicated some green space with a lake nearby...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	4192  
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Golden, CO

Posted 07-11-2014 at 09:39 PM by silverlabs

Today is catch up day for blogging. We enjoyed the campground we were at yesterday but all of the warnings of fellow forum members came to fruition when it came to the internet. We gave up trying.

This morning we got up with plans to head straight to Golden, which is outside of Denver. We had a scheduling SNAFU and didn't have time to really do anything in Colorado Springs except plan to return.

The day started by waking up at 7 a.m. Texas time, which was 6 a.m....
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Garden of the Gods

Posted 07-11-2014 at 08:54 PM by silverlabs

Yesterday we made it to Colorado Springs, Colorado with ease. We were pleased to see that the F150 towed the trailer easily in the less than flat terrain encountered so far. I say it this way in case people who really drive in mountains are reading this. This is different driving to us flatlanders in Texas.

On the way we had several Airstream sightings. I didn't get good descriptions of any of them. I'm working on that. So, here is my report, such as it is. On 7/10 There was...
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.