Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2021, 11:13 AM   #1

2012 28' International
Atlanta , Georgia
1959 Airstream Tradewind 24 - Tennessee

As much as possible kept original. New plumbing, new 4 gal. electric water heater, new toilet, new AC unit, new twin mattresses, new retro fridge/freezer, new microwave. Has two 30/lb. aluminum LP tanks recently re certified with new regulator and gas line to the original gas 4 burner stove/oven. Original counter tops and sinks. Most cabinetry is original and in excellent condition. Tires about 7 mos. old with about 200 miles. The axel was professionally serviced and brakes checked, in good condition. Has original fiberglass black tank that was removed and found to be in great condition. Exterior is very straight, all windows in working order. Currently in central Tennessee.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1959 Airstream Tradewind 24 - Tennessee

P Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:30 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Can you please explain best way to use this airstream for camping if there are no tanks?

I like the layout and look of this model but cant imagine how to make it work for regular camping.

I know my plan was to be staying in campgrounds in general but I wanted flexibility to boondock without ANY connections. Please advise.
Pretzelfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Pretzel,

This is common for vintage models. It has a black tank and fresh water. Many new owners just add a gray water tank or use a portable blue boy for gray water.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
I don't recall there being a freshwater tank just black water and. Connection receive fresh water. I don't know. Maybe i mis understand. And to grey water tank either. Single axle or double axle? Can you postmore pictures of cited and inside please?
Pretzelfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #5

Currently Looking...
Valdosta , Georgia
When convenient, please provide additional pictures of the sides of your Airstream as well as a shot of the shower space. Really nice vintage Airstream. Thanks!
eLBo147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelfarm View Post
I don't recall there being a freshwater tank just black water and. Connection receive fresh water. I don't know. Maybe i mis understand. And to grey water tank either. Single axle or double axle? Can you postmore pictures of cited and inside please?
No Airsrreams were ever built with a black tank, but no fresh tank. Back in the 1950s and early 1960s before black tanks became standard, most if not all Airstreams had fresh tanks, so a fresh tank without a black tank is certainly possible, but not the other way around, unless modified by a previous owner.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote