Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Wagon Master

Angry The Worst Polisher

I had a bad experience,

WE drove from B.C. Canada to El Paso TX. to have the GT Polished. I was refered to this guy by another Forum member ( no offence to him). We arived in El Paso and the price Doubled. It was $1000 for the Premum job on the phone And it was $1800 when we got there. We showed him what we wanted and he agreed to the $1000 price and that was to include the tanks. Wa also wanted the windows tinted and that was $100 more which was fine. We also were going to have blinds made that were going to be $500 and they were going to finsnh stripping the wood inside that I had started. Well we showed up 4 days later to pick it up and It was covered in swirl marks, the roof was not done, Polish was sprayed every where, the windows looked like crap and charged us $150 because the tinter had to redo 2 of them but they are still full of bubbles, Stripper was dripped alover the new rock guard form Inland RV ( and he tried to tell me it was tree sap). The tank mount was broken. Charged and xtra $200 for polishing the tanks. Got black marks on the Brand new A&E Awning ( that had never been used). But the real kicker was they went in side the trailer and sprayed laquer on the wood with out sanding it and the couch and the new floor and they actually missed 2 walls and 2 doors. And then he wanted $1500. and we still did not have any blinds yet. This operation was a complete gong show.

I am currently in Mexico with the trailer and very unhappy and I will redo it when I get home.

I Don´t want any one else to go though this.
This is just my experence with Morgan and WOULD NOT take a wheel barrow to him for work.

If any one wants more info just send me a message and I will reply when I can get Internet.

Oh and he works out of his house for cash and Aparently from halking to Horizon RV in El Paso (ere he says he works but they can´t trust him to do what he says) tlod me that a couple of trailers have dissapeared from his place never to be found.

Igor
Igor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Wow sorry to hear that - hope you can get it all fixed....

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
What a horrible experience! Thank you for the warning!
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #4
Craftsman

Post pictures and his name.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
We are all in the same boat. Just because someone did a great job once doesn't mean that he will repeat it on your job. The best we can do is when we find these people that don't do what they are paid to do is to let others know. Best of luck and sorry that you had such a horrible experience.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

That cuts it, Listen up forum members......

and LISTEN GOOD!!! If you want anything, and I MEAN ANYTHING, done in El Paso and surrounding areas you contact ME FIRST! PM, E-MAIL ANYTHING! Quality, in most cases, is not a priority here, MONEY IS! This is why I rebuild, repair, refurbish etc. everything I have, myself. I want it done right and it won't get done here. Again, contact ME!

By the way Igor, HOW did you find this chump in BF Horizon City all the way up in BC?

Oscar
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Oscar,

Is there any truth to the rumor that a Bigfoot monster has been seen near Horizon City?
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Yep,

And he was last seen headed SOUTH to the border with a Globbie under one arm and a CCD under the other!

Oscar
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Not sure if this is related.

I had tried to sell one of my airstreams through ebay a while back, when I received a childish email telling me my item was overpriced and they ( Horizon RV) had a much better coach than mine. Totally useless information, reminded me of a five year old.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Just wanted to let members know that we bought my new (old) 1978 Argosy from Horizon RV in El Paso, Texas, from the owner, Mark. My husband and I had a wonderful experience and our trailer was just as described. We found Mark to be a very honest person and extremely helpful. Mark is a great source for airstream parts and trailers. He buys wrecked airstreams and parts them out at times. He may be able to get some of you what you need for restoration. We just felt we had to make sure Mark didn't get a bad rap. Thanks
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Worst Polisher

So sorry to hear of your bad luck. We polished ourselves, hard as it was. You did the right think putting it on the forums. Probably saved someone else from this unscruptulous moron!

Lee & Don Pace
69 Overlander
WBCCI 7287
Lee Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Caravanner
1977 25' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
Hello folks,

This is my first ever reply to a posting. I hope I get it right!
I am Mark Wickenheiser owner of Horizon RV in El Paso Texas. I also list some trailers on Ebay under the Ebay name of desertsunmark. My email is desertsunmark@aol.com. My cell # is 915-494-5349. I sell used travel trailers and buy Airstream trailers when I can. We don't really know a lot about Airstream per se, but we can get them all working, etc.
This Morgan guy buffed a few Airstreams for us in fall of 2003, and early 2004, as an outside contractor. We no longer hire him for any work whatsoever.
After these folks from Canada had him work on their trailer they called me to complain. This was the first I'd heard that Morgan was using our name to get jobs. I called him and he said he just says he's done jobs for Horizon RV, not that he works for us. But either way those poor folks from Cananda were misled, thinking they were getting work done at a real RV place, and instead ended up at some guys house. I warned Morgan that I would file a complaint with the county if he didn't stop using our name to get jobs. He denies any wrong doing, so I will end this with this:
I do not endorse any of the work or business practices of Morgan. He does not work for Horizon RV, and is in no way connected to Horizon RV.
desertsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun
Hello folks, This is my first ever reply to a posting. I hope I get it right! ...
Hi Mark,

I think you did everything right. It was good to hear your side of the story. Although I am too far away from your business to take advantage of what you are offering, I am sure members closer to you are happy to hear about another Airstream source.

Welcome to the Forums!
Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Just wanted to again let everyone at the forum know that Mark at Horizon RV is an honest person who can help you out with parts and trailers. We had a good time visiting with him when we picked up our Argosy. He's a great guy and an honest business man.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Caravanner
1977 25' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
Parts

Folks, I appreciate Juel a lot. But please, I really don't have a lot of parts. I have a 73 Overlander, an 86 Sovereign and an 89 Excella. I've used pretty much all the working parts on the first two so they are mostly picked over. They do have windows, body panels and axles, and some tanks. But really not a lot of interior parts. Actually I'd like to just sell the 73 Overlander for $300. and the 86 Sovereign for $600. They are both pullable. Email me for pix of them. desertsunmark@aol.com
And what I advise about finding people to work on or buff your trailer: If you were going going to hire a contractor for your house you would certainly want to check out their references before letting them into your house. Well, how much more would you want to be sure of who you let touch your Airstream!
Mark
Old 01-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Caravanner
1977 25' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
Parts available

Hi! This is Mark at Horizon RV again. Here is what I am selling as far as parts. I want to sell the whole trailers only. I am not really a parts source as I am constantly scrounging for parts myself Ha!
I have pix of each:
73 Overlander $300. axles, tanks, windows, m, smashed front, inside gutted
86 Sovereign $600. good axles, rear open, has bumper and odd parts, tanks
89 Excella $2500. gutted, but outside fairly complete. front windows broken.
My email is: desertsunmark@aol.com