Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Silver Ninja
2 Rivet Member

Airstream Registry
Airstream Name Silver Ninja
Year 1948
Make Airstream
Model Liner
Length 22
1948 Airstream Liner
1948 Airstream Liner
Overview My Parents acquired this one in 1978. The previous owner was using it as an on site office at construction sites, and aside from missing some furniture, it is in good shape. As a kid we always looked out the back window of my parents Suburban and always thought the round oval window at both ends looked like a Silver Ninja, so the name has stuck!
Exterior
1948 Airstream Liner Exterior 1948 Airstream Liner Exterior 1948 Airstream Liner Exterior
At one time there was an awning installed, and the propane tank(s) mount had lots of work done to it.

Interior
The original furnace was replaced at some point prior to 1978, the front benches and table were removed to make room for a desk. The original refrigerator or ice box was removed at some point as well. The toilet was removed at some point since the "poop tray" was pretty much an unsanitary option by the time my parents got it.

Customization
1948 Airstream Liner Customization 1948 Airstream Liner Customization
Currently being restored and mod'd with:
modern electronics 120VAC & 12VDC (i/w)
installed lighting (i/w)
white and grey water tanks (i/w)
closed cell foam insulation (i/w)
coax video cable (i/w)
Center tube replaced 1/8" wall thickness(c/w)
accessory receiver in rear (c/w)

Systems and Running Gear
1948 Airstream Liner Systems and Running Gear
Original Axle and Springs. Repacked Bearings just before towing it on the open road the first time, and they were in immaculate condition, so I am thinking they were new before the tongue failed in 2001.
-2018 had the driver side spring support shear rivets after the winter. Pulled everything out, sanded, primed, repaired and reinstalled with Stainless bolts rather than bucked aluminum rivets

Other Information
1948 Airstream Liner Other Information
I have a facebook page that I am blogging the restoration on. Search "1948 Airstream Liner 22' " on facebook and it should come up.

https://www.facebook.com/1948-Airstream-Liner-22-748641345169907/?ref=bookmarks

Tow Vehicle
1948 Airstream Liner Tow Vehicle 1948 Airstream Liner Tow Vehicle
I have two tow vehicles, one is a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel, and the other is a 1953 Willys Pickup.
Comments: 0 / Views: 2145

Tags