Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Hunting Island Hiatus 2013 - South Carolina (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/hunting-island-hiatus-2013-south-carolina-98104.html)

Arrowstream 08-27-2013 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a map, (looks like a measles outbreak)

ALANSD 08-27-2013 11:31 AM

looks like a great group. Sorry we will miss it

rvthereyet 08-27-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALANSD (Post 1346353)
looks like a great group. Sorry we will miss it

Wish you guys could be there.

DerOstkuste 08-28-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrowstream (Post 1346298)
I just re-checked my site specifics, a 35 foot back-in with 50 amp service should be fine for a 14ft Shasta!

You could have brought two campers!

Arrowstream 08-28-2013 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If it wasn't so far, I could bring my "Torpedo" Teardrop and still have room for a third

DKDarrow 08-28-2013 03:35 PM

Gotta cancel this one. Haven't been sharing this much but my health is not the best, we can't find anyone to take care of our farm while we are gone, and I am totally overwhelmed with work around here.

We have put in a second well to irrigate and to put in automatic waterers for the stock. This requires 1000 feet of 2" line digging, connecting the PVC, and then burying it. In addition 800 feet of new fencing is in the works. All of this has to be completed and inspected by the FEDS by the end of this federal quarter to recieve the Dept of Ag's share of the cost involved. A significant amount of money for the well, pipeline, and fence. So, it's been a lot of work on us and have you tried to hire a hand for your place lately? Almost impossible.

Anyway, really sad about not being able to get on the road; but it is what it is. I am in site 159 which is a full size lot up on the end kinda by itself. We have reservations for Wednesday arrival and Sunday departure. If anyone wants to trade off or get it before I cancel........DO GET IN TOUCH as I will be calling them tomorrow, Thursday the 29th to cancel. I really would rather someone assume this because I have put off making the final decision and I will lose a bit of money. Oh well, God bless us PLEASE.........Dennis

rvthereyet 08-28-2013 04:19 PM

Dennis,
We will all miss seeing you. We pray for your health and the successful completion of all the work that has to be done. May God give you rest when all is done on the farm. Until we meet again,
David and Julie

Roy B 09-02-2013 08:31 PM

We are not going to make this one, we are living in the Airstream while finishing the new house and we are about 3 weeks from getting into the new place so no fun allowed we must work toward moving into the new place. Hope all have a great time, we will miss everything about this wonderful trip. Roy and Debbie

rvthereyet 09-02-2013 08:42 PM

Sorry to hear you and Debbie can't make it, but we understand. We pray your house is finished soon and that you'll enjoy it and then get some much needed rest. Besides if everyone has a good time maybe we'll do this again next year. God bless.

Someday'59 09-03-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfoot (Post 1344849)
Hi all,
Unfortunately, I must cancel.
I do believe, however, that I will see some of you in Albuquerque at the Balloon Fiesta in October. I'll be looking for you there.
Dacia

Dacia, I'm so bummed! We've had to cancel Albuquerque so we won't see you there. SOMEDAY we will get to meet you IRL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by constructor (Post 1344861)
Just before I hit the cancel button, sweet constructor said, maybe we can line things up and make it. I am visualizing a pretty beach, nice people, and relaxation.

Three cheers for Jim! I sure hope you guys make it!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy B (Post 1349084)
We are not going to make this one, we are living in the Airstream while finishing the new house and we are about 3 weeks from getting into the new place ....Roy and Debbie

We'll miss you! Happy new house!

StreamNTyme 09-03-2013 11:16 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT
We are providing a casual supper and gathering on Thurs. for anyone already there for the rally.
Probably Sloppy Joe's & hot dogs. Please bring your chairs, table settings, drinks.
6pm. at site 79
If possible, let me know your coming ...See you there. We go tomorrow, Wed.
Safe Travels, Kate

DerOstkuste 09-03-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreamNTyme (Post 1349354)
ANNOUNCEMENT
We are providing a casual supper and gathering on Thurs. for anyone already there for the rally.
Probably Sloppy Joe's & hot dogs. Please bring your chairs, table settings, drinks.
6pm. at site 79
If possible, let me know your coming ...See you there. We go tomorrow, Wed.
Safe Travels, Kate

Count us in. Awesome. (4)

rvthereyet 09-03-2013 11:27 AM

Here's a quick update. There have been a few unfortunate cancelations. Sorry to Sugarfoot (Dacia), RoyB (Roy & Debbie) and DKDarrow (Dennis & Susan). We understand things come up. No worries. We pray health for everyone and maybe we'll see each other next time.

If there is anyone we forgot or misspelled, or if names are missing, feel free to correct us.....

#030 - Kinton Family (site #195 - Sat)
#045 - sgordon - 1st site
#055 - sgordon - 2nd site
#079 - StreamNTyme (Kate & Don)
#089 - nvestysly (Lucius & Danielle)
#090 - Arrowstream (Bob & Phyllis)
#091 - AthensGa (Todd Emily)
#092 - AthensGa (Todd Emily)
#094 - Constructor (Jim & Ann)
#097 - karenjude (Brad & Karen)
#098 - WeRVtards (Greg & Michelle Felver & family)
#099 - DerOstkuste (David & Julie Felver & family)
#101 - RVthereyet (Tom & June Felver)
#103 - StreaminGuy (Geven & Ruth)
#104 - karenjude (2nd site)
#106 - Wiltstream (Shane, Kristen & Ben)
#107 - Someday'59 (Lynnetta & Brian)
#108 - Musicmaster (family)
#109 - SeeMore (Dave & Susan)
#110 - gtc6452 (Gerry & Jim)
#136 - Poprivet (Dave & Glenda)
#143 - KyMoonshine (Randy & Tracy)
#155 - KAYAKAMPERS (Beth & Chris)
#156 - jupitorj (Mark & Kerry)
#183 - luvtocamp (Samantha)
#194 - AirSuccess (David & Carole)
#197 - Myrtle Lynn (Dan & Scott)
#200 - Ike T (Tim & Anne)

We look forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

Thanks for dinner on Thursday night StreamNTyme @ site 79!

Ike T 09-03-2013 12:45 PM

We may arrive on Thursday night, and we'll stop by if we arrive in time. We won't impose for food.

Tim

Ike T 09-03-2013 02:04 PM

We'll actually be staying through Monday morning if anyone else is making a longer weekend of it.

KyMoonshine 09-03-2013 03:20 PM

We may make it in time Thursday for the supper...we are staying till Monday as well...

StreamNTyme 09-03-2013 04:36 PM

Hi All,
I think we should start w happy hour around 5 on Thurs. :)
I am doing a pot of baked beans along with the dogs and sloppy joes.
All are welcomed to join us whenever you get there.
There may even be some food left for you.
Safe Travels!

rvthereyet 09-04-2013 12:45 AM

Arrowstream,
We loved your map. Is there any way you could email David an updated map so we can print one up for everyone? That way during the "open house" everyone knows where to go. Thanks so much.
david@felverdesign.com

Arrowstream 09-04-2013 03:13 AM

Map's in the (e)mail. All we have to do now is pack up and drop the dogs off at the poodle parlor. The weather looks to be about perfect for a weekend at the beach!

rvthereyet 09-04-2013 05:20 AM

Thanks Arrowstream! We look forward to spending time with everyone. Safe travels!