Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Propane tank cover lid replacement. (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/propane-tank-cover-lid-replacement-94839.html)

desertair27 08-06-2012 11:26 AM

Propane tank cover lid replacement.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Anyone ever seen a propane tank cover like this? It must be a factory spec'd cover because of the Excella 500 logo. I'm looking for the plastic lid if anyone knows where I may be able to locate it.
Thanks
Mike

c_lewis77 08-06-2012 11:42 AM

I have never seen an oval propane box...mine is more of a trapezoid shape. Check with inland rv. They have many airstream parts. I remember seeing the trapezoid cover on their website, maybe they have a source for that one as well

Ganglin 08-06-2012 03:08 PM

This thread gives you a view of what it looked like at least. Thanks for posting the picture - I've never seen an oval Airstream cover either....

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f287...over-2891.html

idroba 08-06-2012 03:22 PM

Plastic propane tank covers are available at most larger RV parts stores.

desertair27 08-06-2012 04:33 PM

Just got off the phone with out of doors mart, no luck on the plastic lid. I'll try Inland Andy next.
Thanks for the info everyone.

Skatiero 08-06-2012 05:37 PM

There is one just like that on a great airstream parked at Top of Georgia. We always admire it. Those are really cool! I wonder if you can make one out if something else....

desertair27 08-06-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skatiero
There is one just like that on a great airstream parked at Top of Georgia. We always admire it. Those are really cool! I wonder if you can make one out if something else....

I'm kickin around the idea of making something if I can't find an original one to purchase.

Inland RV Center, In 08-08-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertair27 (Post 1184604)
I'm kickin around the idea of making something if I can't find an original one to purchase.

The top plastic cover for both the 30 and 40 gallon tank covers, are available.

Andy

desertair27 08-08-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In

The top plastic cover for both the 30 and 40 gallon tank covers, are available.

Andy

Hey Andy
Do you have a part number? I can't find the oval shaped lid anywhere on your site.
Thanks
Mike

Inland RV Center, In 08-08-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertair27 (Post 1185831)
Hey Andy
Do you have a part number? I can't find the oval shaped lid anywhere on your site.
Thanks
Mike

Our web site is a "sale list" only.

Which tank cover do you need? 30 or 40 pound bottles?

Andy

desertair27 08-08-2012 10:58 PM

I'll take a 30 lb lid.
Thanks

Sandi & Bob 08-14-2012 03:38 PM

hummm, me too! the top of our propane cover broke, although ours is not the oval that you have here, its more rectangular shape.

desertair27 08-14-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi & Bob
hummm, me too! the top of our propane cover broke, although ours is not the oval that you have here, its more rectangular shape.

Call Andy
They have them. No luck on the oval lid

woodfox45 08-27-2012 06:06 AM

I have seen the oval tank cover on Avion's there is an Avion on EBAY now with one on it . Les Grace wbcci#14183

desertair27 08-28-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodfox45
I have seen the oval tank cover on Avion's there is an Avion on EBAY now with one on it . Les Grace wbcci#14183

I've noticed that as well just can't find the replacement lid.
Thanks for the info though.

desertair27 08-29-2012 09:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So here's my attempt at making a lid replacement for my LP tank cover. I think it was HIHOAGRV who came up with idea, hope he doesn't me stealing his idea.
Not the easiest project for sure and if I had to it all over again I would use a much thinner gauge aluminium like a .025 instead of the .040 I'm using. I don't know what I was thinking.
Learning the hard way, from my mistakes.

vswingfield 08-29-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertair27 (Post 1195707)
So here's my attempt at making a lid replacement for my LP tank cover. I think it was HIHOAGRV who came up with idea, hope he doesn't me stealing his idea.
Not the easiest project for sure and if I had to it all over again I would use a much thinner gauge aluminium like a .025 instead of the .040 I'm using. I don't know what I was thinking.
Learning the hard way, from my mistakes.

It's looking pretty good so far. I know it is a hassle working with the .040, but once you are living with it I'll bet you are glad for the extra strength.

Inland RV Center, In 08-29-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertair27 (Post 1184356)
Anyone ever seen a propane tank cover like this? It must be a factory spec'd cover because of the Excella 500 logo. I'm looking for the plastic lid if anyone knows where I may be able to locate it.
Thanks
Mike

Okay owners, here's an answer.

If someone, anyone, will send me their old rounded corner LPG tank cover, I will have a mold made to fabricated that cover with fiberglass.

Andy

desertair27 08-29-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In

Okay owners, here's an answer.

If someone, anyone, will send me their old rounded corner LPG tank cover, I will have a mold made to fabricated that cover with fiberglass.

Andy

Oh yeah that would be awesome!

desertair27 12-07-2012 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got my LP tank cover in fromAndy at Inland RV and I have to say this thing is made to last,very nice quality and very durable.
If you need to replace an oval propane tank cover this is one nice tanks cover.

Be sure and double check your measurements,this lid fits covers measuring 13"x28 3/4". I do believe there are 2 tank cover that are both oval and look exactly the same but are a bit different. The other measures 14 1/2 x 28.
Thanks so much Andy.

Here the link to the product.
https://www.inlandrv.com/catalog/adva...=82970&x=0&y=0


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.