Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f449/)
-   -   Battery Charging STORE VS. USE (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f449/battery-charging-store-vs-use-92284.html)

LiLNomad 06-09-2012 12:05 AM

Battery Charging STORE VS. USE

Hi have a new to me 2007 Intl CCD purchased private party so didnt have the dealer tutorial...lots to learn. I have the trailer plugged in at home. Do I need to push the "Store" or "Use" button to charge the batteries? or does it automatically charge since its plugged in?:huh:
Thanks
LilNomad

Foiled Again 06-09-2012 12:15 AM

leave it on USE. Put it on STORE when you winterize it and store it for the season.

Paula

LiLNomad 06-09-2012 12:30 AM

Thanks!! Now gotta go out in my pajamas and change it hehe.
LilNomad

ROBERTSUNRUS 06-09-2012 12:39 AM

:) Hi, Note: that the store function is by-passed, [red light on] and you cannot turn it off, while plugged into shore power. But it will return to whatever position it was in, [off/on] after you disconnect your shore power cord.

LiLNomad 06-09-2012 12:42 AM

So it IS CHARGING in either position (while plugged in) is that correct?
Thanks

ROBERTSUNRUS 06-09-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLNomad (Post 1158620)
So it IS CHARGING in either position (while plugged in) is that correct?
Thanks

:) Hi, Yes, it is charging when it is plugged in.

Foiled Again 06-09-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS (Post 1158619)
:) Hi, Note: that the store function is by-passed, [red light on] and you cannot turn it off, while plugged into shore power. But it will return to whatever position it was in, [off/on] after you disconnect your shore power cord.

Thank you - I forgot about that! While you're plugged in, it's charging and you can't put it into "store". While traveling I don't think the lights will work unless you've got it "ON".

Another little note, you'll hear a fan running on the converter and it will put out heat even with the AC on. About once a month you should turn the converter off, and vacuum out the fan. It won't run constantly unless the filter is starting to get plugged. Mine is under the bed, so I just lift the bed and the fan is visible from the top. Quick little wand job and I'm done.

OH - RESETTING the breakers, you can pop a breaker and it looks like it's OFF, then it won't reset. It's not off, it's OPEN. Push down on the breaker and it will turn all the way OFF, then pull up and turn it back ON. There are also fuses on the converter. Buy spares. They never fail until you're boondocking 50 miles from nowhere and it's 3:00 AM.

Happy Trails, Paula

Urbanologist 07-15-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foiled Again (Post 1158866)
Thank you - I forgot about that! While you're plugged in, it's charging and you can't put it into "store". While traveling I don't think the lights will work unless you've got it "ON".

Another little note, you'll hear a fan running on the converter and it will put out heat even with the AC on. About once a month you should turn the converter off, and vacuum out the fan. It won't run constantly unless the filter is starting to get plugged. Mine is under the bed, so I just lift the bed and the fan is visible from the top. Quick little wand job and I'm done.

OH - RESETTING the breakers, you can pop a breaker and it looks like it's OFF, then it won't reset. It's not off, it's OPEN. Push down on the breaker and it will turn all the way OFF, then pull up and turn it back ON. There are also fuses on the converter. Buy spares. They never fail until you're boondocking 50 miles from nowhere and it's 3:00 AM.

Happy Trails, Paula

Thanks for your input on this thread! I'm puzzelled by my converter continually tripping the 20 Amp breaker when I run the AC? AC running for 5 to 8 minutes, then pop -- shut down! over and over. It's the only breaker that does this. I'll check the fan filter to see if its clean.