Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Canton, Texas Trade Days Feb 27-28 (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/canton-texas-trade-days-feb-27-28-a-9186.html)

87MH 02-02-2004 03:48 PM

Canton, Texas Trade Days Feb 27-28

A non-planned get together is planned at Tyler State Park, Tyler, Texas (just off I-20, 1 hour East of Dallas) arriving Feb 27, departing Feb 29.

A Saturday (Feb 28) excursion to Canton for the famous Trade Days shopping adventure should be anticipated.

Recommend the Lake View Camping area.

87MH and MikenLora are already signed up.

Gerald Clay 02-02-2004 04:21 PM

Trade Days

This could be fun. There's a large hatchery and fish center near Tyler that I tried to get into but found it closing as we arrived. I guess it's a bit early for the roses?

MikenLora 02-02-2004 05:04 PM

Canton Non Rally Rally

Sounds like a great time. Count Mike and I in.
Thanks Lora

RivetED 02-02-2004 06:04 PM

Deb & I were there last year and would love to return with an unscheduled A/S get-together that is scheduled for that week-end:) ! I assume we call and make our own reservations and request the specified camp area.

87MH 02-03-2004 06:37 AM

Lake View Camping area.

The Texas State Parks Reservation system will not pre-assign specific campsites, but they will reserve by "area". The reason I recommended the Lake View Camping Area is because of the view, the proximity to the lake, and the spacing of the campsites. If the Lake View is filled, reservations could be made in the next area on the circle drive, Big Pine Trailer Camping Area, which is within walking distance of Lake View.

87MH 02-09-2004 07:42 AM

Bring Levelers

Anyone having reservations in the "Lake View" area, the sites are not the most level. A set of levelers would probably come in handy.

RivetED 02-09-2004 11:33 AM

Anniversity & Rally-Thanks

Just made our reservations. The 27th is our anniversity and I convinced Debbie that would be a wonderful place to celebrate! I'm sure a top-shelf dinner there will be less expensive than in Dallas:D ! We are looking forward to it, see y'all there.

J&C 02-13-2004 10:45 AM

Reservations are in for Tyler State Park

Charles, Sapphire (Dog, don't tell her) and I are have made reservations in the Lake View Camping Area. Looking forward to the unplanned event . We will be arriving Thursday after work.

Ed & Debbie, Congratulations on your up-comming Anniversary, an article in The Dallas News-Weekend Guide gives The French Room 5-stars but Airstreams give you all of them! :D

loudruff 02-20-2004 02:41 PM

Tyler camping

We missed the Valentine Party at Burleson, but we may make it to meet you all. We are visiting kin and folk in Ft. Worth/Dallas area. Left our little Minuet in OH this trip and are camping in the Ford 15 passenger van. An adventure!!! We will check and see if we can get over to see you at Tyler.
Lou and Larry

loudruff 02-20-2004 04:21 PM

Reservations made

We hope to see you all in Tyler! We made reservations today.
We are in on Wed. night. We will be in a gold/beige 15 passenger Ford E 350 van. Sure are missing our little Minuet!!
See you all soon.
Lou and Larry
Snowbirds from OH:D

87MH 02-22-2004 07:33 PM

Weather looks cooperative.

Just checked the weather for Tyler for the weekend (27, 28, 29).

Looks pretty good, highs around 60, chance of rain on Sat, though.

Looking forward to the camping and company!

J&C 02-22-2004 10:23 PM

Hitch 'em up, Moove 'em out!

We had a great time at Canyon of the Eagles, can't wait to see everyone at Tyler State Park:D

Friday is a day off, since we are comming from Dallas, we may arrive late Thursday afternoon. What can I bring, are we doing pot-luck?:cool:

MikenLora 02-23-2004 08:28 AM

Pot Luck

Sounds like we need to plan a pot luck. Anyone else interested? They are always such fun. And the food ......... yum! We may try to be there Thursday night also. Mike may have to work. If so my mom will be coming. Look forward to another get together. Always fun!!!

90345 02-23-2004 09:40 AM

Canton rally

Hi all !
Sounds like another great gathering in the making.
I can't make it [friends coming in from out of town] - but I'll be there in spirit and looking for pics / reports.
David

txbeaux 02-23-2004 11:48 AM

Hello Dennis and Everyone,
Deb and I are going to drive over Friday afternoon and visit with all you experienced enthusiasts. We're real excited so be prepared for all the dumb questions:D. We're still looking, nothing has just jumped up and grabbed us yet. We had a great visit with Scott in San Antonio. Thanks for the lead. I might near had to hog-tie Deb, she really liked the larger coach. I'm leaning more toward EFI and O/D. Anyway, we'll be the wide-eyed ones in a white GMC Crew Cab Dually w/camper shell. Can we bring anything? Jim

87MH 02-24-2004 10:34 AM

Kiepersol Estates Vineyard.......

I'm trying to contact the winery to see if we can arrange a late evening tour on Friday. The Bed & Breakfast (Restaurant) said they would work with us if anyone cared to stay for an early dinner.

The winery is probably about 15 miles or so from the State Park.

I was thinking maybe a 5-6 winery tour and then dinner. That would put us back at the CG not too awful late.

Just a thought right now. I think the closest eating establishment is about 8 miles south of the CG in Tyler.

87MH 02-24-2004 11:04 AM

Update on winery....

Contacted the winery - they said a tour and wine tasting could be done at 4:30 on Friday for about 5 bucks each.

The restuarant, however, is billed as "fine dining". I think that means "expensive".

Maybe we could do the wine tasting and tour and hit a ma and pa truckstop or Bar-be-que on the way back to Tyler State Park.

There is also a state run fish hatchery and freshwater fishing museum nearby, as Gerald Clay mentioned earlier.

Don't plan, and it just might happen......

I do look forward to the Pot Luck on Saturday evening, they're always a hoot It will be a good way to relax after a full day in Canton.

loudruff 02-26-2004 02:17 PM

We're HERE!

We made it to Tyler State Park and are looking forward to meeting you. We are at Lake View in slot#37. We are camping in the Ford Van. Hope you will stop by and say hello.
We brought dessert for the potluck if it is still happening.
Sure missing our minuet.

See you all soon.
Larry and Lou
from OH
Wandering thru TX.

87MH 02-26-2004 02:21 PM

Can't wait!

Txbeaux reported that he plans to attend with his brand new '84 310. I plan to pull in early afternoon tomorrow.

It appears as if the weather will cooperate this weekend.

RivetED 02-26-2004 07:16 PM

Reservations made...

We made our reservations a few weeks ago (Thurs. p.m.- too late to cancel) but are still working on some details that could keep us away. If we can get out of Coppell before 3:00 p.m. tomorrow (Fri) we'll be there!