Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   1966 - 1968 Safari (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f192/)
-   -   She's here! (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f192/shes-here-91406.html)

ND10CentCan 05-20-2012 09:06 PM

She's here!
 
Took the plunge for the third time...bought the 1966 Safari today and I actually had the TITLE in hand before I handed over the funds. Brought it home and gave it the first once over. It had three open holes to the sky that needed to be covered in first order. That done, I started to clean the first layer of grime off of her.

Her skin is great, she has most of her original parts, and she had some interesting reading material hidden under the front cushions. About that time, I was wishing I had used rubber gloves to clean. Hmmm...I hope the trash guy doesn't go through the bags of trash I tossed from this trailer. Could prove to be an interesting tale down the road and I have no connection other than discarding it. I am sure the garbage people have heard that one before too. :innocent:
Sandy

wasagachris 05-20-2012 10:00 PM

Wow congrats Sandy. Three now, you're catching up to me fast. All you need to find now is a forties unit to complete the set.

ND10CentCan 05-21-2012 08:08 PM

You are right!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wasagachris (Post 1149753)
Wow congrats Sandy. Three now, you're catching up to me fast. All you need to find now is a forties unit to complete the set.

Thanks Chris,
I am working on a collection but won't be able to do the cars to go with them. I will have to be happy to just pull them with a pickup that runs. I am going to search for the other decades and have my eyes peeled for a couple of them I would really like. Ultimately it would be nice to be able to leave a restored trailer for each of the kids so I have to keep searching. Thank goodness we only had four kids!

We are both looking forward to starting on the Pacer and Safari but we will have to take it slow as we get the time and funds to fix them up. Just the thinking about it makes me happy and I can't wait to have them ready for camping. Life just doesn't get any better than this!
Sandy

wheelerimage 05-21-2012 08:30 PM

My goal is an airstream choo choo train with an airstream motorhome for a tow vehicle. Haha. Congrats on your new vintage airstream

ND10CentCan 05-21-2012 08:54 PM

Thanks..I am working a hedge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelerimage (Post 1150234)
My goal is an airstream choo choo train with an airstream motorhome for a tow vehicle. Haha. Congrats on your new vintage airstream

Thanks and I like your worthy goal. My son suggested we start building a hedge out of Airstreams that could ring the property. That boy has some good ideas and that means I can keep looking for additional ones to add to my hedge collection :D
Sandy:D

reinergirl 05-21-2012 09:27 PM

Congrats Sandy! Thanks to you most of us will ask for a title in hand! I keep trying to talk my husband into a second one, two kids ya know! It might have to be one of those "buy it now" ask forgiveness later ebay purchases!!!:brows::brows: Unfortunately my daughter has her heart set on a whale tail shortie! LOL

ND10CentCan 05-27-2012 09:33 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ND10CentCan

Thanks and I like your worthy goal. My son suggested we start building a hedge out of Airstreams that could ring the property. That boy has some good ideas and that means I can keep looking for additional ones to add to my hedge collection :D
Sandy:D

Here are some initial photos of the Safari with a ton of cleaning already done believe it or not.

ND10CentCan 05-27-2012 09:36 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ND10CentCan

Here are some initial photos of the Safari with a ton of cleaning already done believe it or not.

More photos for your viewing pleasure.

Lance M 05-27-2012 09:41 PM

Congratulations Sandy! I love the '66 Safari. Probably one of the best Airstreams ever. I recently finished one much like you have there. Here is the Picasaweb album of the "66 Safari.If you have any specific questions, send me a message. I'd be happy to help.
Lance

ND10CentCan 05-28-2012 06:50 AM

Thanks Top
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Top (Post 1152907)
Congratulations Sandy! I love the '66 Safari. Probably one of the best Airstreams ever. I recently finished one much like you have there. Here is the Picasaweb album of the "66 Safari.If you have any specific questions, send me a message. I'd be happy to help.
Lance

I am sure we will have tons of questions down the road on this one. We have no idea if we are going to find a bad frame or some other disaster once we start tearing into it. I just like having it sit out in the yard for now. Thanks for sharing and your willingness to help.
Sandy

ND10CentCan 05-28-2012 07:09 AM

Question already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Top (Post 1152907)
Congratulations Sandy! I love the '66 Safari. Probably one of the best Airstreams ever. I recently finished one much like you have there. Here is the Picasaweb album of the "66 Safari.If you have any specific questions, send me a message. I'd be happy to help.
Lance

Lance,
What is the item in picture 72? We have a big empty spot up above our cabinets in the bathroom and I am guessing that is what was supposed to be up there? Also didn't realize the front sofa moved out. Interesting. I am going to look forward to working on this one. You sure work fast! We look like real slackers when compared to you.
Sandy

Lance M 05-28-2012 08:12 AM

Hi Sandy,
Picture 72 is of the street side twin base near the water pump. Is that what you are looking at?

oh2bcarefree 05-28-2012 09:09 AM

Congrats Sandy!
 
That is wonderful and what a cutie. How fun that you now have one from each decade. It's great your kids are excited about them.

I'm glad you hear you have a title too. When we are looking at anything our first question is - do you have a title?

Tina

ND10CentCan 05-28-2012 10:39 AM

Hmmm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Top (Post 1152997)
Hi Sandy,
Picture 72 is of the street side twin base near the water pump. Is that what you are looking at?

We have a big empty spot on top of the cabinet the bathroom and it looks like it didn't have a cover or door on it. No clue actually what that spot is for.
Sandy

ND10CentCan 05-28-2012 10:41 AM

Title before talk!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oh2bcarefree (Post 1153014)
That is wonderful and what a cutie. How fun that you now have one from each decade. It's great your kids are excited about them.

I'm glad you hear you have a title too. When we are looking at anything our first question is - do you have a title?

Tina

:) I say the title first and then we will talk purchase. Now I am up to my eyeballs in Airstreams to fix up. Yippeee!!
Sandy

ND10CentCan 06-07-2012 03:56 PM

Need a 1966 manual please
 
Does anyone have a manual for our 1966 22' Safari? I have looked a bit around Ebay and that is a lot to pay for an old book. I was wondering if anyone had it available for sale on the Forums?
Sandy

Splitrock 06-07-2012 06:17 PM

1966 Airstream Safari 22' Owner's Manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ND10CentCan (Post 1158016)
Does anyone have a manual for our 1966 22' Safari? I have looked a bit around Ebay and that is a lot to pay for an old book. I was wondering if anyone had it available for sale on the Forums?
Sandy


Might be too late . . .

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f352...urs-72070.html

Splitrock 06-07-2012 06:28 PM

Found these
 
Attached Files
https://cdn.airforums.com/forums/imag...attach/pdf.gif64 Safari Manual.pdf (9.32 MB, 120 views)
https://cdn.airforums.com/forums/imag...attach/pdf.gif64 Safari Manual page2.2.pdf (199.5 KB, 82 views)

Here:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f202...tml#post925944

ND10CentCan 06-07-2012 08:25 PM

Thank you!
 
Thanks Splitrock! Now we have something to start with and look over as we plan our attack on the Safari next winter.
Sandy

ND10CentCan 08-29-2012 08:50 AM

Looking for rear window glass
 
I put an ad up for the rear glass piece for the Safari and haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might look?
Thanks.
Sandy


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.