Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   BIG BIG AIR HUG!!! & "eh" Streamin' THANKS (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/big-big-air-hug-and-eh-streamin-thanks-9111.html)

05ModPod 01-29-2004 06:19 PM

BIG BIG AIR HUG!!! & "eh" Streamin' THANKS

Peter and I would like to express our sincere thanks to Forum Members {gsymes}. If it were not for Greg and Maxine we do not think we could have pulled of this deal.

There is a thread somewhere on this board where members offer their services to take a look at A/S for prospective buyers who do not live close by.

Well we missed their {gsymes} post within that thread.

Thinking it was hopeless and about to loose the sale gsymes posted a reply to one of our posts - wow they were just one hour away from where she rests - and even better, they had already taken a look when she was first put up for sale.

There is one thing to give an A/S review - but to go above and beyond as Greg and Maxine are doing for us - complete strangers in another country!!!! Just makes us really proud to be your Neigbours!!!

When we say above and beyond...we mean it... they are picking her up for us - taking her to a dealer to have her fully inspected and readied for her 1500 mile journey to her new - forever home - Stoney Lake, Ontario, Canada.....and then baby-sitting her until we are able to pick her up on Yikes Friday the 13th - good thing she is not a 1970 - Apollo 13 comes to mind.

Did we mention that while she is getting ready and Greg and Maxine are holding their breath until we get there - we will be relaxing and hopefully catching a few rays and paring a few holes in Mid-Florida.

So from Peter and I we extend our sincerest Thank You and humble gratitude to Greg and Maxine - {AKA gsymes} The epitome of WBCCI Members!

Peter & Sharon
GT6921 - AKA - Christening Name TBA - and will be set a rolling with a bottle of your best! Not smashed against the skin of coursed - just lightly sprinkled.

wahoonc 01-29-2004 06:23 PM

Re: BIG BIG AIR HUG!!! & "eh" Streamin' THANKS

Quote:

Originally posted by GT6921
Peter & Sharon
GT6921 - AKA - Christening Name TBA - and will be set a rolling with a bottle of your best! Not smashed against the skin of coursed - just lightly sprinkled.

You could smash it against the A-frame...that would take it:D We must do it properly you know:p Congratulations on your new Airstream!

Aaron:cool:

05ModPod 01-29-2004 06:33 PM

PS

We would be remis - if we did not extend our Thanks to all those who took the time this past week to answer our many questions and provide advice what to look for in buying a Vintage Airstream.

Although we could not put them to practical use on site - they certainly helped us to know what to ask the seller to look at for us.

So Thanks

59toaster 01-29-2004 07:30 PM

Ok I got to know....Are you French canadian and is gsymes Cajun?

We came to get our trailer, eh. :D
LOL

Congradulations......You may not want to go home when you get here to pick it up.....No snow LOL.

05ModPod 01-29-2004 07:49 PM

Nope- do not speak a word of French! - and We Cannucks always poke fun at the "eh" because most of us never use it - LOL - just on TV all the time.

Sort of like it snows here in Ontario year round ha ha ha. (Well it sure does feel like it in the Winters - and especially this week).

Now now don't tease - just might have company on the way down.

Staying over in Chattanooga - then on down to Mulberry - yeh we know not much there - but it is pretty central to seeing both coasts an all the hip attractions - which we will pass.

Do you know of any Salvage yards we could go hunting/scavaging in - or how about any RV - A/S shows in central Florida Feb 8th - 12th

SPK

David Morgan 01-29-2004 08:25 PM

Welcome to Florida

Peter & Sharon
We live in Central Florida Weirsdale 25 miles south of Ocala. There is a rv salvage just north of High Springs on Hwy 441. High Springs Is north of Gainesville. Last time by was more than a year And there was a a/s in the pile.
Good luck & look us up.

David Morgan
wbcci #3451

59toaster 01-30-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GT6921
Nope- do not speak a word of French! - and We Cannucks always poke fun at the "eh" because most of us never use it - LOL - just on TV all the time.

Sort of like it snows here in Ontario year round ha ha ha. (Well it sure does feel like it in the Winters - and especially this week).

Now now don't tease - just might have company on the way down.

Staying over in Chattanooga - then on down to Mulberry - yeh we know not much there - but it is pretty central to seeing both coasts an all the hip attractions - which we will pass.

Do you know of any Salvage yards we could go hunting/scavaging in - or how about any RV - A/S shows in central Florida Feb 8th - 12th

SPK

https://www.colawrvsalvage.com/
But not really on your way. Few members have had luck find AS parts there.

This place lists several RV salvage places.
https://bart.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/rvsalvage.htm

My take a quick look through the Forums. There was on place listed in FL that somebody had visited. It may be the place David listed. I can't remember the name.
You coming right down I 75? If so your going to pass right by me. I work in Cartersville and Live in Marietta.