Now I can see what I've got to deal with!
Here's where I'm at on the project:
1. Bath completely removed.
2. Plumbing completely removed from bath and rear compartment.
3. Univolt removed.
4. Battery compartment removed.
5. Water heater removed.
6. Belly removed from axle to rear banana.
7. Black and Gray water tanks removed.
I finally got my first real look at the frame members.
Looks like I'm going to be doing a "Shell Off" job.
Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. Clean up the frame and use POR-15, replace the wood and you will be good to go. If you need to "sister" the rear cross member or even replace it that can be done without removing the shell. The rear cross member was completely gone on my TW, I welded in a piece of angle iron. Of course a lot depends on the rest of the frame, but do not underestimate the time factor if you do a complete shell off.
Thanks for the input.
I will know more as I dig in deeper, but I hope I don't have to do a "shell off".
First impression is that the frame is in fair condition. Fortunately, it's only had 2 owners and I had the opportunity to talk to the previous owner regarding its history.
Everything is original except the front sofa/sleeper.
We did a shell -on floor replacement, and used Rustoleum instead of POR15 due to cost. It is possible to do shell-on and not have to cut your flooring pieces in half as some have done. We detailed some of it in our thread "Little Girl Refurb". Others have done it too. Shell off has some advantages too, I think. We just did not have the equipment to do shell-off very easily. There are lots of threads to look at for ideas in how to do different things. Do some heavy duty reading before you decide what is best for your situation. Lots of good info in these Threads!
P.S. She's a good looking girl!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.