Ground bracket solution for awning
I saw an alternative awning bracket solution at a recent rally and want to find out more information on it. The bracket is driven into the ground and then the awning arm is detached from the trailer and attached into the grounded bracket. The immediate pro I can see to this solution is it eliminates the "head-banging" problem if used on the awning arm next to the door. I have lots of questions about this solution:
1. How does it stand up to wind compared to being attached to the trailer?
2. Does it keep the awning taut so rain water doesn't pool on the awning?
3. Can it be purchased online?
4. Has anyone made one? It looks easy enough to put together!
5. Has anyone found any downsides to this solution?
I've seen this done on an awning from a SOB unit but they also had nylon straps that went from the awning to the ground with a screw-in device as extra precaution.
the whole thing?
do you have a photo of whole awning when using the plates?
it would be interesting to see what angle if any, the arms are at. and any additonal tie downs used.
No, I don't have a full awning photo -- I only took a photo of the bracket!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.