Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   email thread, make it stop!!! (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/email-thread-make-it-stop-70849.html)

zedex 10-23-2010 12:31 PM

email thread, make it stop!!!

Hi. One thing i dont like is if you participate in a thread, you get an email when there is another response. I went through the settings and chose "no email notification". But still . Every day i get another email saying someone responded to the thread. Is there another setting?
Thanks

CanoeStream 10-23-2010 01:24 PM

Hi zedex. Yes, I see that you have indeed toggled your settings to not receive thread/post notifications any more. Some notices may still have been in the queue and those are the ones you were receiving? Then you should see the messages start to taper off (if you only changed your setting in the last few hours or last night or so).

A different issue is notifications from classifieds subscriptions -- you'd need to tell me specifically if that's the issue. I'd need to do something else if that was the case.

AIR-Quarius 10-23-2010 03:36 PM

I get those....but they have been tapering off as mentioned above.

62bam 10-23-2010 03:58 PM

Hello CanoeStream...........I would like to stop the "no email notification" feature also. However, I do not know where to find this option. Thank you in advance for your help.

zedex 10-23-2010 07:25 PM

62 Bam. At the top left there is a button titled "user cp"
Click it then scroll down you will see "edit options".
Click that and you will see an email thing. Click the drop down arrow and click no email.:)

Thanks Canoe. I did set that feature a week ago but still seem to get emails.
I did not get an email for this thread though so........Things are lookin up.:)

Cheers :)

ltenbrink 10-23-2010 08:30 PM

Hi. I had the same issue, and I remember going in and choosing to get no email notifications for that specific post...I can't find it now so I'm posting here and seeing if I can find it again for you...:)

ltenbrink 10-23-2010 08:35 PM

Under "Edit Options" in the "Messaging and Notifications" area, there is a "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

Change it to what you want...
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Choices are:
Do not subscribe
No email notification
Instant email notification, etc etc

ltenbrink 10-23-2010 08:37 PM

Sorry...one more...
Don't forget to Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Aviator 10-24-2010 03:14 PM

CanoeStream

I am having the same problem. Do you make the setting in your profile, or does it have to be done for each thread you respond to?

TG Twinkie 10-25-2010 09:53 AM

It goes away!

If you go to the bottom of the page on the email. There is a string of email jiberish that says, If you want to "unsubscribe from this thread, click here". It's on your email page, not in the Airstream Forum. A window will come up saying "you are no longer subscribed to this item" Then just delete the email. It's always worked for me.

peapod76 11-03-2010 07:13 PM

. . . . I go to the bottom of the page on the email, and I click on the link to "unsubscribe" . . . . . and I get connected to a blank forums page that says . . .

"Script call malformed. Some actions require you to be logged in. Please verify you are logged in and try the link again. If you continue to have problems please notify your Administrator."

. . . and I am most assuredly signed in, soooooo, somebody want to try to explain that one to me?

It wouldn't be so bad, except that it is coming from the classifieds, so that everytime anyone post something in the classifieds, I get an email.

anybody got any ideas???

Haven 01-05-2011 05:29 AM

Stop the e-mails please!

I have about 50 posts e-mailed to me each day. I am not signed up for any and my e-mail says I am not on any lists. I never signed up for any. Please make it stop! Thanks.

Kevin245 01-05-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haven (Post 933949)
I have about 50 posts e-mailed to me each day. I am not signed up for any and my e-mail says I am not on any lists. I never signed up for any. Please make it stop! Thanks.

It looks like you toggled your settings for "Automatic Thread Subscription Mode - Daily email notification". This would be in your "User CP". Have you checked the settings?

Kevin

Kevin245 01-05-2011 11:11 AM

Haven,

Your toggles have been reset. You may still receive email notifications for any prompts still in the system. PM me should the problem persist though.

Thanks,

Kevin

Dave Park 01-05-2011 12:04 PM

Another option is to create a rule for the mail from that specific email address. You can then filter that mail automatically into an Airforums folder.

masseyfarm 05-05-2012 03:57 PM

I am trying to stop the email notification when a thread is updated. I have changed my settings and am still getting email updates. :angry:
Any way of deleting all threads, posts and pictures I have contributed??

Dave

Ag&Au 05-05-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masseyfarm (Post 1143187)
I am trying to stop the email notification when a thread is updated. I have changed my settings and am still getting email updates. :angry:

Dave

One way that should work is to unsubscribe from the threads you are getting updates on. You can do that in your control panel or thread tools menu for a specific thread.
It seems as though there should be something easier however.

Ken

overlander63 05-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masseyfarm (Post 1143187)

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7ts (Post 1143234)
One way that should work is to unsubscribe from the threads you are getting updates on. You can do that in your control panel or thread tools menu for a specific thread.
It seems as though there should be something easier however.

Ken

Easiest thing is to go into your user control panel, and deselect the option to subscribe automatically to all threads you post in. Then, if you want to subscribe, you can simply add the subscription with as much or little notification as you want. Believe me when I say if I didn't have this configured in that manner, I'd have clogged inboxes.