Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   General Appliance Topics (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45/)
-   -   Are old appliances worth anything? (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45/are-old-appliances-worth-anything-55946.html)

photocodo 09-02-2009 03:52 PM

Are old appliances worth anything?

I just got a 64 tradewind that is totally stripped out. The guy I got it from left a lot of stuff inside, including the refrigerator and the range. They both show their age but dont seem to be in that bad of shape. I am planning to put all new appliances in so i really dont need these two items. Are there people who are willing to pay money for these type items? would it be worth puting them in the classifieds or should I just throw them away? Thank you in advance.
photocodo

P.S. if pictures would be helpful to answer this question I can post some.

Xbob2 09-02-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocodo (Post 743034)
I just got a 64 tradewind that is totally stripped out. The guy I got it from left a lot of stuff inside, including the refrigerator and the range. They both show their age but dont seem to be in that bad of shape. I am planning to put all new appliances in so i really dont need these two items. Are there people who are willing to pay money for these type items? would it be worth puting them in the classifieds or should I just throw them away? Thank you in advance.
photocodo

Would like to see pictures please.
Bob

oh2bcarefree 09-02-2009 07:05 PM

Agree...

Some photos would be great - I think folks are interested in original stuff as long as it works or can be repaired and is in good condition.

We are looking for a white or yellow enamel (sp) kitchen sink and a vent for in the wall which would have been above the stove. The round grill type.

So yes, absolutely there's a group of people looking for it. However, the items are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Tina
1948 Vintage Kin
St. Louis, MO

tallytwo1994 09-02-2009 11:07 PM

You might consider a third option - like giving them away!

Carol

Frank's Trailer Works 09-03-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 (Post 743250)
You might consider a third option - like giving them away!

Carol

I was going to say that also. I was given many item for my restoration and not only do I try and return the favor, but I am truly grateful for the items.

Xbob2 09-03-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocodo (Post 743034)
photocodo

Interested in stove and fridge ... are they white? What size/dimensions? Brand?
Thanks much,
Bob