Standard vs. option?
We're going to visit one of our in state dealers Saturday (exclusive AS dealer). They are having a 'Bambi' sale. They have what they're calling the 19' value package (no price listed on web site). Also it's available as a package only. Here's the list:
Spare Tire & Bracket Fantastic Fan Black Tank Flush System Aquajet Water Pump Cast Tail Lights Electric Hitch Jacks 13,500 BTU roof A/C w/Heat Pump Jackets and Caps (2 Each) Lavy and Shower Upgrade (Brass/Chrome) Galley Faucet (Moen One-Touch Classic) Corian Galley/Lavy Tops Screen Door Guard.
Some of these items I definitely want. Others ho-hum. Can anyone tell me what is standard and what is an option? Also, depending on price is this a good package?
I can't tell you what is standard or optional, but the Airstream brochures should list that. www.airstream.com will also have the options list.
I can tell you that every option you listed is desireable; even if not necessarily for what you want, certainly for resale value and resale demand.
I would say that this is a worthwhile package.
What happened at the 'Bambi' sale? What kind of stock did the dealer have and how were the prices and option packages?
Thanks in advance, Linda
The option package described is the same as the "LS" package I have on my 2003 Safari. On the Safari it was supposedly a $4000 package (ridiculous in my opinion), but it seems to be a highly discountable item.
IMHO most of the items are valuable - spare tire, black water flush, heat pump, Fantastic fan, & electric jack. The other items are fluff - but it comes as a package, and with the right discount what the heck. Overall, I'm glad we got it.
2003 Bambi (Safari?) Features
Here's a list I found on one of the dealer web-sites.
2003 Bambi (Safari?) Features
* Electric Drum Brakes-12 In.
* Spare Tire/Steel Wheel/Bracket
* Radial Tires -15 In. LRD
* Aluminum Wheels
* Manual Hitch Jack
* Stabilizer Jacks (Rear Only)
* 9' 8" Patio Awning
* Steel Step
* Solar Stoneguard
* LPG Bottle Cover--Aluminum
* Underbelly Enclosed and Insulated
* 2 Steel LPG Tanks -30 Lbs. each
* Wrap Protectors
* Frosted Door Window
* Solar Grey Windows
* Polished Rear Bumper w/Storage
* Black Airstream Medallions-8 in.
* Keyed Deadbolt-Entry Door
* Lockable Water Fill
* Radio Antenna
* Insulated Tanks
* Sewer Hose Storage Tube
* Laminate Interior-Tropical Oak
* Overhead Roof lockers w/Radius Doors
* Laminate Counter Tops w/Contrasting Edge Band
* Fabric Covered Interior Skin & Ceiling
* Full Close-out Drapes (Except Galley)
* Entrance Mat w/Airstream Logo
* Decorative Bath Vinyl
* Front Overhead Flip Down Bunk (150 Lbs. Max. Weight) (Optional Feature)
* Ceiling Vents (2 Non-Powered)
* Pull Shade (Galley)
* Wall Paper Border--Lavatory and Water Closet
* Fabric Valances
* Wood/Steel Drawer Boxes
* Range Hood w/Vent & Light
* Sink-Single bowl w/Cover
* Bi-fold Range Cover
* Laminated Galley Top w/Contrasting Edge
* Refrigerator Door Inserts-Tropical Oak
* Spice Rack-Single Shelf
* Pantry Storage
* Full Fiberglass Shower
* Mirrored Medicine Cabinet
* Bath Exhaust Fan
* Shower Head w/Shut-off
* Thetford Toilet
* Stainless Steel Lavatory Sink
* Roll Away Shower Door
* Hinged Privacy Bath Door
* Hard Surface Flooring
* Innerspring Mattress
* Quilted Bedspreads w/Reversable Shams and 2 Bed Pillows
* Double Curbside Bed Fixed Corner 48 In. x 75 In. w/Storage Under Bed
* TV Shelf
* Wardrobe w/Euro Style Light
* Front Sofa (Optional Feature--Deletes Standard Dinette)
* Front Overhead Roof Locker w/Radio
* Cable TV & Telephone Package Includes: Cable Outlets, Telephone Outlet, and Amplifier
* TV Antenna w/Outlets
* AM/FM/Cassette Stereo Receiver w/4 Speakers-2 Front and 2 Back
* Tank Monitoring System Wall Mount
* 3-Burner Range w/Oven and Bi-Fold Cover
* Refrigerator: 4 Cu. Ft. 2-Way w/One Door
* CD 10 Unit Changer (Optional Feature)
* 110/12 Volt Power Center w/55 Amp Converter
* 11,000 BTU Air Conditioner w/Heat Strip & Manual Control
* Gas Furnace 16000 BTU
* 2 Deep Cycle Batteries
* Electronic 12-Volt Battery Disconnect
* 6-gal. Water Heater w/Electronic Ignition
* Water Heater By-Pass Kit
* Water Pump Switch (Galley)
* Automatic 2-stage Regulator
* 7-way Trailer Plug
* Smoke & LPG Detectors
* Fire Extinguisher
* Solar Panel and Satellite Dish Pre-wire
* Air Conditioner Pre-wire
* TV Jack w/12-Volt Outlet
* Phone Jack
* 120-Volt Exterior Outlet
* Water Pressure Regulator
* Patio Light
* Exterior Lighting Package: Includes Dump Valve Light-Exterior Compartment Lights-Area Light
* Fantastic Power Vent--Lounge Area (Available w/Optional Bambi Value Package only)
Thanks for all the responses!
Silverback and I finally went to that dealer who advertised the Bambi Value package on the Website - and it turned out the only Bambi he had on the lot was WITHOUT the Value package.
It was a nice brand new 19' 2003 model with the "Amarillo" interior, which was basically the upholstery fabric pattern.
By this time we had both decided that we really didn't want the Corian countertop anyway because it would add a bit of extra weight . . . .
The dealer is in Tucson - Oasis RV - and has been mentioned on these forums several times before in a positive way.
The owner is who we dealt with and he was very knowledgable and we got a good feeling that he wasn't shining us on about anything (as far as you can feel that way about any SALES person).
We ended up buying a larger model in the end - decided we needed more space and liked the floor plan better for our needs - so the Bambi is still there, as far as I know!
Picking up a 22' CCD in about a week!
Congrats on your new purchase.
I'm jealous as hell!:D
I'm sure that you will get many years of pleasure from your new CCD. IMHO, the 22' is the perfect size as a compromise between liveability and ease of towing.
The International series has many standard features such as the electric jack that really add to the pleasure of ownership.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.