Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   THANK YOU - Cannot believe we're finally "official" members of the club (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/thank-you-cannot-believe-were-finally-official-members-of-the-club-52535.html)

scotttho 06-13-2009 12:07 PM

THANK YOU - Cannot believe we're finally "official" members of the club

Greetings from a new member of the Airstream fraternity.

The first thing I MUST say is a huge THANK YOU to everyone who participates in this outstanding forum. I have been a member since January of 2008 and have spent countless hours reading, digesting, learning, and absorbing the collective knowledge of the community. The discussions that take place here are so comprehensive that I have not had a need to post any new questions of my own! Search is a wonderful thing.

For a bit of background, I grew up RVing which started in my parents Nimrod tent-trailer, then a 19' Coachmen and finally a 24' Argosy. By the time I graduated from high school I had been to 31 of the United States but had never flown in an airplane.

I introduced my wife to camping (3 months after we married I gave her a tent and a fishing rod for Christmas) and over the past 28 years we have raised two sons and progressed through a Starcraft pop-up and a 25' Coachmen trailer. We have been RVless for the past 10 years but have always held the notion that we would get back into it at some point; we both love the freedom of the open road and having our own food and facilities close at hand.

We've been attending RV shows, visiting dealer lots and doing exhaustive research for the past two years and finally, yesterday, we signed the papers to purchase a new Flying Cloud 23 FB. We LOVE the size, the floor plan, the roomy bathroom, queen bed, stove / oven / microwave / and convection, on and on and on.

We cannot wait to pick it up and get started on yet another chapter of life's adventures.

We'll see you all on the road (and online).

Thanks again,

Scott and Betty

moosetags 06-13-2009 12:25 PM

Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with in a posting mode.

Congratulations on your new baby. We hope to see pictures soon.

The 23FB is a great floor plan. We have a 25FB and have loved it since day one. If the 23FB had been out when we bought Lucy, we very well might have one. We have spent over 400 nights in Lucy and have pulled her almost 50,000 miles in the past three years, and still love Lucy and the lifestyle. I am writing this in Lucy in a campground in Ranchester, Wyoming.

Best wishes and safe travels!

Mike Leary 06-13-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 709223)
I am writing this in Lucy in a campground in Ranchester, Wyoming.

Pretty country, scarry mtn. passes! :blink:

Kevin245 06-13-2009 02:42 PM

"I introduced my wife to camping (3 months after we married I gave her a tent and a fishing rod for Christmas)"

And she stayed with you? Sounds like a keeper to me!!!:clap:

Glad to hear the news of your new purchase.

Welcome,

Kevin