Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Title, VIN & Registration (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f352/)
-   -   VIN Number decipher please (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f352/vin-number-decipher-please-52522.html)

goswick 06-13-2009 06:29 AM

VIN Number decipher please
 
Can someone decipher this VIN for me?

1268J175

Thanks,

Pete

Aage 06-13-2009 07:30 AM

Probably the first character is the letter "I".

International
26'
1968
made in Jackson Center, IL
#175 off the line, twin bed

Maybe. I'm no pro at that. :D

goswick 06-13-2009 07:44 AM

Thanks....

Pete

overlander63 06-13-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aage (Post 709128)
Probably the first character is the letter "I".

International
26'
1968
made in Jackson Center, IL
#175 off the line, twin bed

Maybe. I'm no pro at that. :D

My Captain Power Decoder Ring agrees with you.:wally:

azflycaster 06-13-2009 09:33 AM

My ring says, "Drink more Ovaltine".
https://images-cdn01.associatedconten.../300_26674.gif

BIGED52 06-13-2009 11:56 AM

I need to ID these Argosy Vin #'s
 
I have located two Argosy trailers but would like to know more about them. Here is the info I have but the windows are all covered so I cannot tell what floor plans look like. One trailer only says Argosy on the end caps, the other has Argosy 24 plate near entrance door.

Argosy vin# 26D50132
Mfg Date 9/74
GVWR 6200 lbs. This is a larger trailer than the 24' below and has a Zip Dee awning. Both have tandem axles this one has had the axles replaced and aluminum wheels added. The entire exterior paint color is (beige/sand/ tan).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Argosy 24 vin# 24T4V1015
Mfg Date 6/74
GVWR 5800 lbs. This is a 24 foot that has been sitting in the same spot for 9 years and has never moved. It has a Carefree awning on it that appears to be the type that the arms can detach from the bottom mounts and be used like patio poles. This one has 4 original hub caps that look like my Airstream hub caps but the color of the squares and the backgroud color appear to be tan to match the lower exterior color. The upper half is white.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------I also found this Airstream

Safari vin# L23T2-S1170

It has the ghosted WBCCI number 3880 on the end caps. Can someone Id these trailers for me and is the first one a '75 model year build? I think the Airstream is an early 70's model Safari. It has two small D shaped windows on either side of the front window. Thanks, Ed

azflycaster 06-13-2009 12:32 PM

Argosy vin# 26D50132 - This VIN is a little strange, but in the Airstream world that is not uncommon. I would say it was a 26 foot 75 Argosy with the Double Bed layout. It does not indicate the plant it was built in.

Argosy 24 vin# 24T4V1015 - This would be a 74 Argosy with twin beds, made in Versailles, Ohio.

Safari vin# L23T2-S1170 - This would be a 72 Safari (22 foot) with twin beds, made in California with the standard Land Yatch trim.

BIGED52 06-13-2009 04:07 PM

Thanks Richard, I knew someone would help me out! I have to do more searching on this trio. The 24 foot has a made for Elmer and Mary Langel or Lancel brass plate by the door. The one that interested me the most was the Argosy that doesn't say the length anywhere on the trailer. Could the ZERO in the 24 foot vin # be an "O" for Ohio? Ed

overlander63 06-13-2009 05:55 PM

Ed, that strange serial number may be a California Argosy. They did make a handful there.

BIGED52 06-13-2009 11:37 PM

Thanks, I'll drop by where they are parked and see if I can find and more info on it. Ed

JIMandPJ 07-05-2009 05:42 PM

This is so close to the original request, I hope yall don't mind me tagging on. Could you help out with my VIN number. Its I268-S718-2754. I follow the information up above but it seems I have a few more digits than Pete describes. So whats with the last 4 digits?

I just registered because I'm soon to be the owner of this trailer. I've been lurking in the shadows for a couple of years trying to line out the necessities for owning an airstream (like where to park it and a proper tow vehicle). This is a sweetheart deal but the inside of the trailer will require a lot of work. Its been sitting unocuppied for 5 years or more.
I've been thru a lot of the threads on the forum and I'm really looking forward to refurbishing it. I've followed the Airforums long enough to know you guys really know your stuff and are more than willing to give lots of advise, which I know I will soon need. Thanks in advance guys & gals.
By the way, that guy Andy rocks!

richinny 07-05-2009 06:40 PM

welcome aboard! we have at least three andys here... and they all rock!

Mikethefixit 07-05-2009 07:28 PM

Aage
One small correction, ITS Jackson Center,Ohio NOT Ill. It appears you could use a tour.

Aage 07-08-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikethefixit (Post 717851)
Aage
One small correction, ITS Jackson Center,Ohio NOT Ill. It appears you could use a tour.

Whoops! At least I didn't call it Jacksonville again, as I did in another post a while back.

And to think I was within an hours drive of it on the way to FL last February. SWMBO wasn't interested though.

Inland RV Center, In 07-08-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMandPJ (Post 717817)
This is so close to the original request, I hope yall don't mind me tagging on. Could you help out with my VIN number. Its I268-S718-2754. I follow the information up above but it seems I have a few more digits than Pete describes. So whats with the last 4 digits?

I just registered because I'm soon to be the owner of this trailer. I've been lurking in the shadows for a couple of years trying to line out the necessities for owning an airstream (like where to park it and a proper tow vehicle). This is a sweetheart deal but the inside of the trailer will require a lot of work. Its been sitting unocuppied for 5 years or more.
I've been thru a lot of the threads on the forum and I'm really looking forward to refurbishing it. I've followed the Airforums long enough to know you guys really know your stuff and are more than willing to give lots of advise, which I know I will soon need. Thanks in advance guys & gals.
By the way, that guy Andy rocks!

The last four numbers are production code numbers that has nothing to do with the serial number.

Andy

overlander64 07-08-2009 11:13 PM

VIN Number decipher please
 
Greetings Ed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGED52 (Post 709274)
Thanks Richard, I knew someone would help me out! I have to do more searching on this trio. The 24 foot has a made for Elmer and Mary Langel or Lancel brass plate by the door. The one that interested me the most was the Argosy that doesn't say the length anywhere on the trailer. Could the ZERO in the 24 foot vin # be an "O" for Ohio? Ed


The Argosy 24 has a fairly logical VIN for a coach late in the model year.

Argosy 24 vin# 24T4V1015

24 = Measurement in Feet (Rounded According to Airstream Method)
T = Center Twin Bed Floorplan
4 = 1974 Model Year
V = Versailles, OH
1015 = Sequential Production Number

I don't have all of my information at hand as I am on the road in Southwest Wisconsin, but if my memory is correct the 1015 is the coach's position within the entire production sequence for Argosy RVs in 1974.

The Argosy 26 VIN also is basically as one would expect for a coach manufactured in the first month of the model year.

Argosy vin# 26D5?0132

26 = Measurement in Feet (Rounded Using The Airstream Method)
D = Center Double Bed Floorplan
5 = 1975 Model Year
? = Production Plant (V=Versailles, OH/S=Cerritos, CA)
0132 = Sequential Production Number (August would be first full month of production for 1975 models).

Kevin

sempi2 07-08-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aage (Post 709128)
Probably the first character is the letter "I".

International
26'
1968
made in Jackson Center, IL
#175 off the line, twin bed

Maybe. I'm no pro at that. :D

Right or wrong that is pretty impressive.

sempi2 07-08-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlander64 (Post 719271)
Greetings Ed!




The Argosy 24 has a fairly logical VIN for a coach late in the model year.

Argosy 24 vin# 24T4V1015

24 = Measurement in Feet (Rounded According to Airstream Method)
T = Center Twin Bed Floorplan
4 = 1974 Model Year
V = Versailles, OH
1015 = Sequential Production Number

I don't have all of my information at hand as I am on the road in Southwest Wisconsin, but if my memory is correct the 1015 is the coach's position within the entire production sequence for Argosy RVs in 1974.

The Argosy 26 VIN also is basically as one would expect for a coach manufactured in the first month of the model year.

Argosy vin# 26D5?0132

26 = Measurement in Feet (Rounded Using The Airstream Method)
D = Center Double Bed Floorplan
5 = 1975 Model Year
? = Production Plant (V=Versailles, OH/S=Cerritos, CA)
0132 = Sequential Production Number (August would be first full month of production for 1975 models).

Kevin

Again, pretty impressive.

Dakota's Dad 07-09-2009 07:51 AM

OK, so I could swear I found a chart or flow sheet somewhere to decipher this..

But then here is this active thread with knowledge just all over it, so..

I31-A9J-2485
I get the "international 31 foot" and guess the 2485 is its sequence number. but the A9J ?

but I also have a set of numbers/letters on the top half of the serial number plate that are:

A-153 and what appears to be: OJ .

Thanks for help with the parts I don't understand.

Mark

Inland RV Center, In 07-12-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota's Dad (Post 719333)
OK, so I could swear I found a chart or flow sheet somewhere to decipher this..

But then here is this active thread with knowledge just all over it, so..

I31-A9J-2485
I get the "international 31 foot" and guess the 2485 is its sequence number. but the A9J ?

but I also have a set of numbers/letters on the top half of the serial number plate that are:

A-153 and what appears to be: OJ .

Thanks for help with the parts I don't understand.

Mark

The A9J is part of the serial number.

The "A" is for a center bath twin (if I remember correctly).

The 9 is the year (1979)

The J means it was made in Jackson Center, Ohio.

Andy

Inland RV Center, In 07-12-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOLFSDREAMST (Post 720736)
Can anyone help with matching a vin number with a WBCCI membership number

This is on unit # I23T4-S1250 A LANDYACHT SAFARI

Also if you have a WBCCI number how do you get history of that rig?
Thanks in advanced to all you knowlegable streamers

WBCCI membership numbers have nothing to do with serial numbers.

The club numbers are assigned to a person, who owns a whatever year and length.

Tracking the history of previous owners is near impossible.

Andy

Andy

art 10-22-2009 04:42 PM

old airstream
 
I have an oppertunity to pick up an old girl her # on the tag just left of the door is 04216 its a single axel about 26 ft I didnt have a tape can anyone tell what Im looking at? Im sure its fifties

wkerfoot 10-22-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art (Post 762513)
I have an oppertunity to pick up an old girl her # on the tag just left of the door is 04216 its a single axel about 26 ft I didnt have a tape can anyone tell what Im looking at? Im sure its fifties

Looks like it is a late 1955 Cruiser: 55Cruiser

Bill

47WeeWind 10-22-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art (Post 762513)
I have an oppertunity to pick up an old girl her # on the tag just left of the door is 04216 its a single axel about 26 ft I didnt have a tape can anyone tell what Im looking at? Im sure its fifties

If it is O-4216 (the letter "O" and not a zero "0"), it is a very late 1955 model year 26' Cruiser trailer built in Ohio.

wheel interested 03-16-2010 09:40 PM

The later model Airstreams appear to have longer serial numbers or at least not be as easy to discipher. I have been searching through the vin threads and haven't hit on one that has helped me. Can someone tell me what these letters and numbers stand for in my VIN?

1STYJBYM204J515610

wheel interested 03-16-2010 10:17 PM

Powered by Google Docs

I googled and found the document. Some of the old thread links to Airstream were no longer located. You can right click to save target and download the 7 page Airstream Vehical Identification Number System pdf. It appears this is a 2001 document.

wheel interested 03-16-2010 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what my number means:

1ST=Airstream Travel Trailer (manufacturer make type)
J=Center Bath Split (type of trailer)
B=Classic (series)
Y=Semi-monocoque, 102" Wide Body (body type)
M=28' to less than 29' (length)
2= Double axel (axel configuration)
0=check digit(*see further explanation)
4=2004 (model year)
J=Jackson Center, Ohio(site of manufacture)
515610=Sequential production number

I wonder how many Airstreams were made each year and if there is a running total or a break down of production by type. Does anyone know where that could be found if it is available on the Airstream site perhaps or in a historians's database?

WOLFSDREAMST 03-20-2010 04:38 PM

vin help wbbc numbers
 
Heres one I could use help with I 308 S267 2754

Is there a way to loo up old owners thru the WBBC #

Thanks gang

Inland RV Center, In 03-20-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOLFSDREAMST (Post 826658)
Heres one I could use help with I 308 S267 2754

Is there a way to loo up old owners thru the WBBC #

Thanks gang

That's a 30 foot, 1968 model, made in Sante Fe Springs. The 2754 is a production code and means nothing for the ID.

The 267, is the sequence production number.

Andy

WOLFSDREAMST 03-20-2010 06:30 PM

apppreciate the help
 
Thanks for clearing that up do you now of any way to recover a lost tltle to an Airstream? This unit was abandoned before we got to it

BIGED52 03-21-2010 12:06 PM

title replacement
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WOLFSDREAMST (Post 826701)
Thanks for clearing that up do you now of any way to recover a lost tltle to an Airstream? This unit was abandoned before we got to it

Was there a license plate on it when you found the trailer? If so you can use the plate number at the state DMV to find out the name/address of record of the previous owner that it was last titled to. (You may have to file a freedom of information act form). Then try to contact them, as they may have the title laying around in their important papers file. If that won't work out you can try to see if the state DMV will allow you to apply for a replacement title in your name. Get the Vin number verified by the local PD before you request a new title. There is a form in Illinois called a Law Enforcement Certification that can be filled out to list the correct Vin as read by a police officer off the trailer. This helps to establish the trailers' authenticity when requesting help to re-title an abandoned vehicle or trailer. Hope this info0 helps. Happy Trails, Ed

BIGED52 03-23-2010 11:57 PM

Verifying your VIN number
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WOLFSDREAMST (Post 826701)
Thanks for clearing that up do you now of any way to recover a lost tltle to an Airstream? This unit was abandoned before we got to it

Okay, No license plate only VIN#! That's still able to be certified by a Police Officer. Is the VIN# plate still attached to the trailer? If so it can be pencil rubbed to check the number. Also, Check with Andy R. from Inland as I believe the VIN#'s may be stamped on the A frame of the tongue. Andy surely would know if this is the case and where it would be located. Hopefully you can get the trailer titled with such info checked by a local PD and then a replacement title request to the state DMV. The local police or DMV can first check to see if the trailer had ever been reported Lost/Stolen. If not a replacement title should be able to be had. Happy Trails, Ed

56stream 04-01-2010 09:07 PM

i recently bought a cherry original 56 overlander? serial number 6693 , can anyone help me id the details to confirm originality, it has tandem axles, side bath, twin beds in L shape etc... the rear is Whale Tail 13 panel, the interior has red vinyle tuck lower half all the way around, the original Robertshaw 3 burner oven appears NEW and the rerigerator is as new with the Foil Brochure

CanoeStream 04-01-2010 09:40 PM

56Stream - welcome to the forums!

This link says California '56 overlanders would have VINs of 6NNN. Note that 1956Overlander2 is a whale tail. All whale tails were California produced IIRC.

This link
says California '57 Overlanders would have VINs of ~ 6700 to 6900.

So it's just a guess, but 6693 is six sequence numbers before the 6700+ trailers were produced for '57. Your Overlander would have been made in early spring 1957?

Reading up and down the source website doesn't provide any immediate alternatives.

urb2165 04-02-2010 05:52 AM

I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this Ambassador place of manufacture. # I 289041.
Thanks

azflycaster 04-02-2010 08:07 AM

Looks like it is a 59 Ambassador with the International trim package, made in Ohio.
59Ambassador

56stream 04-10-2010 03:32 PM

Thanks Bob.

Alwhisman 04-10-2010 03:53 PM

I haven't read all the postings, did anyone list this link yet?

https://service.airstream.com/files/l...d86d618144.pdf

THEPILL 04-10-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwhisman (Post 836118)
I haven't read all the postings, did anyone list this link yet?

https://service.airstream.com/files/l...d86d618144.pdf

Now that was super helpful, Thank-you!!

SHane

wheel interested 04-10-2010 07:39 PM

My googledoc was the same.:) It's hard to believe Airstream is using only stickers rather than an VIN plate. That could wear off.

Jezzbell76 04-17-2010 12:35 AM

hey i just bought my 1st airstream!!!!
can yall decode this as well :)

J11286137?

Inland RV Center, In 04-17-2010 08:02 AM

It's a 66 28 foot International Airstream made in Jackson Center.

Andy

Jezzbell76 04-18-2010 02:45 AM

mucho-gratitudo :)

bighazard 07-09-2010 04:25 AM

okay I got taht is was built in cali (plate says so) but whats the first digit "4" in the vin? Also mine looks like a 60's but according to the vin # its a 74? the VIN reads as follows
M-4 S0742 2512
41530

Any help would be appreciated, this thing is ROUGH, I am trying to decide if I want to tackle this or punt on 3rd down.

Eddie

BIGED52 07-09-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighazard (Post 869551)
okay I got taht is was built in cali (plate says so) but whats the first digit "4" in the vin? Also mine looks like a 60's but according to the vin # its a 74? the VIN reads as follows
M-4 S0742 2512
41530

Any help would be appreciated, this thing is ROUGH, I am trying to decide if I want to tackle this or punt on 3rd down.

Eddie

Eddie, I don't know about the M-4 The S however is for Santa Fe Springs Plant if memory serves. The "0" is place keeping or Overlander then 74 is the year I think. Andy R. from Inland where are you! Ed

wkerfoot 07-09-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighazard (Post 869551)
okay I got taht is was built in cali (plate says so) but whats the first digit "4" in the vin? Also mine looks like a 60's but according to the vin # its a 74? the VIN reads as follows
M-4 S0742 2512
41530

Any help would be appreciated, this thing is ROUGH, I am trying to decide if I want to tackle this or punt on 3rd down.

Eddie

All Argosys were built in Ohio, first at Jackson Center then in Versailles. Check this site: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives to see if it helps. Argosys are at the bottom.

Bill

BIGED52 07-09-2010 08:59 PM

All Argosys were built in Ohio, first at Jackson Center then in Versailles. Check this site: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives to see if it helps. Argosys are at the bottom.

Bill

Bill, I thought there was a recent discussion on this... There may have been some Argosy trailers made in The Santa Fe Springs or Cerritos plants? ED

overlander64 07-10-2010 07:41 AM

VIN Number decipher please
 
While there hasn't been any confirmation nor absolute denial from Airstream corporate sources there is continually increasing evidence that there were at least a few Argosys produced at the California (Cerritos) plant. There have been approximately a dozen Argosys that have ben found to have the "S" in production plant position. and Argosy literature has been found that lists the Cerritos plant as a point of production for Argosys. It doesn't appear that there was ever a significant number of Argosys produced in California, but it does appear that a few were produced.

Kevin

bighazard 07-11-2010 06:48 PM

i am in andover kansas, I have this old airstream and I am interested in finI am not sure if I want to fix or sell would anyone be interested in looking at some photos of it and telling me what they think. if parts would be impossible to find???

eddie_schooler@yahoo.com is where I would send this pics from

easyride 07-11-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighazard (Post 870453)
i am in andover kansas, I have this old airstream and I am interested in finI am not sure if I want to fix or sell would anyone be interested in looking at some photos of it and telling me what they think. if parts would be impossible to find???

eddie_schooler@yahoo.com is where I would send this pics from

Post some pictures and the ser.#. Dave

urb2165 07-12-2010 06:30 AM

I would like to see the photos & serial # also.

bighazard 07-12-2010 07:25 AM

this is how the plate reads for the vin #.

M-4 S0742 2512
41530

overlander64 07-12-2010 10:46 AM

VIN Number decipher please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bighazard (Post 870631)
this is how the plate reads for the vin #.

M-4 S0742 2512
41530

I checked out the photos in your album. Based upon the photos, I would place the coach between 1960 and 1964 and most likely an Overlander. After checking every source that I am aware of, the VIN doesn't seem to match anything from that time period. The jalousie window bedside the entrance door was discontinued in 1965, so it is almost certainly a pre-1965 coach.

The blue aluminum plaque to the left of the California Dkivision of Housing plaque has the VIN stamped into the oval in the lower right corner. From the photo, it apears that the VIN stamped there is: O6D8 5024D, and that doesn't conform to an expected pattern -- but it is often possible to overlook or misinterpret numbers from the photos. I would be curious to know what is stamped in the blue plaque.

Kevin

bighazard 07-13-2010 07:37 AM

Thanks Kevin. I will swing by and get the numbers tonight and see what we can figure out,.. ooooh the intrigue builds!!!!!

bighazard 07-16-2010 03:49 PM

okay the cali plate reads
m-4 s-0742 2512
a-41530


26ds s0742
6208


Then the big #'s that use to be on it look like they were 9558

azflycaster 07-16-2010 06:15 PM

26ds s0742 would be the VIN for a California built 63 Overlander (26 feet) with a double bed arrangement.

Check out this:
63Overlander

DoctorDonny 08-24-2010 04:06 PM

I need alot of help ! Just purchased a 57 26' overlander I think.the vin on the title says #77133073017. Does that make any sense to anyone?I will be thankful to any info at all.Donny

InsideOut 08-24-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorDonny (Post 886623)
I need alot of help ! Just purchased a 57 26' overlander I think.the vin on the title says #77133073017. Does that make any sense to anyone?I will be thankful to any info at all.Donny

First off, welcome to AirForums!

Looks to me that you have too many numbers there...Does the trailer still have the plate beside the door? If so, what is the embossed number on it?

Check these out to see if they help:

'56 Overlander- (could have been registered as a '57)
'57 Overlander

Also, if you have any pictures you could post - they may help us ID it for you...

Shari :flowers:

buda-2 09-06-2010 10:37 PM

I have a 1982 motorhome I would like to know what my VIN 16BJP37W0B3318489
means

Thanks gobuda

Inland RV Center, In 09-07-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobuda (Post 891876)
I have a 1982 motorhome I would like to know what my VIN 16BJP37W0B3318489
means

Thanks gobuda

You posted the chassis number.

Please post the Airstream serial number.

You will find that underneath the front hood on a metal plate thats on a pilliar thats on the curb side of the radiator.

That serial number will describe exactly what Airstream you have.

The 7th last letter is a "J" followed by 6 numbers.

Andy

buda-2 09-07-2010 09:41 PM

I also am need to find out about my VIN # 1GBJP37W0B3318489
any help,

gobuda

Inland RV Center, In 09-07-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobuda (Post 892303)
I also am need to find out about my VIN # 1GBJP37W0B3318489
any help,

gobuda

That's still the chassis number, not the Airstream serial number.

Accordingly, no information is available for the number you posted.

Please read my previous post (above)to you.

Andy

may-hem11 09-08-2010 07:00 AM

Vin number decipher
 
Hello Friends,

I too have a vin number that needs your expert decoding skills;

22TDSSS0488

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would assist me in finding a replacement parts for my rear curb-side window.

Thanks all!!!

Inland RV Center, In 09-08-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may-hem11 (Post 892354)
Hello Friends,

I too have a vin number that needs your expert decoding skills;

22TDSSS0488

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would assist me in finding a replacement parts for my rear curb-side window.

Thanks all!!!

I have Airstream's original book on those numbers.

But, I will not be back in my office until Sept. 16th.

If you PM me, that info will stay there, and I will answer your question as soon as I return.

Andy

wkerfoot 09-08-2010 10:13 AM

Check out this site: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives

Looks like you may have an early 1960's Safari.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by may-hem11 (Post 892354)
Hello Friends,

I too have a vin number that needs your expert decoding skills;

22TDSSS0488

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would assist me in finding a replacement parts for my rear curb-side window.

Thanks all!!!


buda-2 09-09-2010 08:39 PM

My A/S # 1A9DGAH26CJ009796
gobuda

24' motorhome

Maynard 02-06-2011 11:07 AM

Thinking about a "Land Yacht" in California, being sold by an heiress who doesn't know what it is. She read me the info from the registration, and the model name isn't included. She gave me this VIN, which is a little confusing to me, even having read the pre-80 scheme. The VIN is O25T9J207. I get 25 feet, rear bath twin bed, 1969, Jackson, and sequence number. The part that confuses me is the first character, the O. I see that meant Overlander in '66-'68, but it's a '69 and I think the '69 Overlander is 27 feet. This VIN indicates 25 feet. In fact, the O wasn't apparently a choice for first character in '69, but the VIN confirms it's a '69. So is O just an indication of trim level those years? Should the VIN begin with L? Is this one of those @?&* mid-year things? What's my problem?

azflycaster 02-06-2011 02:13 PM

O was used as the standard trim level in 69 and was replaced with the L later in the 70s.
69Tradewind

Maynard 02-06-2011 03:48 PM

Aha! But did you know, as I do now after going to the Airstream service website and looking at floor plans of 1969 models, that there was also a trim level called Deluxe? The little old lady tried to tell me the first character was D, but I'd read the VIN decoding guides, so I "knew" she couldn't be right, and talked her into seeing an O.

I think she was right, because the pictures they sent conform exactly to the floor plan pics on the Airstream service website. I think it's a Trade Wind Deluxe Land Yacht.

Anybody seen a D before?

Eiderskater 03-30-2011 08:27 AM

Hi to all! New Airstream owner here!
 
Just starting my adventure...would like a bit od help with vin...I haveM-22TD2 S 0451...below the numbers are 8 60 1740

am excited to go to my first group camp out!

Also, does any one know of an airstream friendly Trailer park/ otor coach site in Huntington Beach California. My home is in Chula Vista 100 miles away..i 2ant to live in the Airstreeam during my work week in Orange county.

Thank you

Eider de Mello

man7sell 03-30-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkerfoot (Post 892413)
Check out this site: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives

Bill

Thanks for the link Bill, now I need to rush outside and check my VIN :cool:

overlander64 03-30-2011 11:00 AM

VIN Number decipher please
 
Greetings Eider de Mello!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstreams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eiderskater (Post 971356)
Just starting my adventure...would like a bit od help with vin...I haveM-22TD2 S 0451...below the numbers are 8 60 1740

You can try checking the VIN deciphering information on the Airstream corporate site. This data was added as part of their site revamping during the last two years.

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin

P.S.: I suspect that your coach is a 1961 model produced in August of 1960.

Eiderskater 03-31-2011 01:53 PM

Thanks for info will check corporate site for help
 
Funny...I was born in 61...serendiptious stuff

mschevelles 05-28-2011 09:46 PM

Can someone decode my vin?
 
Looking at buying a trailer, owner states it's a 1968. Here is the info I got off the trailer:
1 29 FG
LAND YACHT
126 8S 139 2764

I have a pic if that will help. Good condition inside. Needs some work. Any idea where I can find info on what it's worth?? Thanks Mike

wasagachris 05-28-2011 09:59 PM

Mike it's a 1968 Overlander 26ft International edition built in Ohio #139 of the line.
I = International
26 = 26 ft
8 = 1968
S = Ohio Built
139 = Production Sequence.

wkerfoot 05-28-2011 10:01 PM

Almost, the S stands for the California plant, the Ohio plant uses a J.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasagachris (Post 998494)
Mike it's a 1968 Overlander 26ft International edition built in Ohio #139 of the line.
I = International
26 = 26 ft
8 = 1968
S = Ohio Built
139 = Production Sequence.


overlander64 05-28-2011 10:03 PM

VIN Number decipher please
 
Greetings Mike!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstreams!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschevelles (Post 998489)
Looking at buying a trailer, owner states it's a 1968. Here is the info I got off the trailer:
1 29 FG
LAND YACHT
126 8S 139 2764

I have a pic if that will help. Good condition inside. Needs some work. Any idea where I can find info on what it's worth?? Thanks Mike

Your VIN decodes as follows:
  • I = International Trim Level
  • 26 = 26' Overlander
  • 8 = 1968 Model Year
  • S = Cerritos, California plant of manufacture
  • 139 = Sequential Production Number
The Airstream VIN decoding information can be found at this link.

The most often cited guide to Vintage Airstream value computation can be found at this link.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin

wasagachris 05-28-2011 10:03 PM

Bill yeah my bad. I was reading it too quick. I stand corrected. It is from the Hollywood state.

mschevelles 05-29-2011 01:50 AM

That's cool! thanks!!!! so does anyone know how many of these were made in that year? What is one worth in good unrestored, useable condition? I will be buying it tomorrow, my first! sooo cool!
Thanks Mike




Quote:

Originally Posted by overlander64 (Post 998499)
Greetings Mike!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstreams!




Your VIN decodes as follows:
  • I = International Trim Level
  • 26 = 26' Overlander
  • 8 = 1968 Model Year
  • S = Cerritos, California plant of manufacture
  • 139 = Sequential Production Number
The Airstream VIN decoding information can be found at this link.

The most often cited guide to Vintage Airstream value computation can be found at this link.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.