Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   Frame & Water Tank ? (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/frame-and-water-tank-50356.html)

LittleA 04-16-2009 10:55 AM

Frame & Water Tank ?
 
I am looking at purchasing a mid 60's AS. The owner said that the floors have been redone, but there are no water tanks.

My question is can I put in water tanks as well as do some minor welding on the frame by simply going underneath the AS through the under belly?

I'm not going to mess with taking the shell off and I'd prefer not to rip out the new floor if I don't have to.

Inland RV Center, In 04-16-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleA (Post 687932)
I am looking at purchasing a mid 60's AS. The owner said that the floors have been redone, but there are no water tanks.

My question is can I put in water tanks as well as do some minor welding on the frame by simply going underneath the AS through the under belly?

I'm not going to mess with taking the shell off and I'd prefer not to rip out the new floor if I don't have to.

Depends on what specific year you have.

That says what tank was in it when manufactured.

Andy

LittleA 04-16-2009 11:42 AM

Well I'm looking at a couple of different ones. But this one is a 1966 Overlander.

Inland RV Center, In 04-16-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleA (Post 687944)
Well I'm looking at a couple of different ones. But this one is a 1966 Overlander.

That 30 gallon water tank was below the front window. It also fits the 64, 65 and 67 trailers.

We have that tank in stock.

Andy

LittleA 04-16-2009 12:06 PM

What are my options if I want a fresh water tank as well as gray water and possibly black water?

Can I just get three of these 30 gallon tanks?

Also can this tank be put in from the under belly?

Inland RV Center, In 04-16-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleA (Post 687949)
What are my options if I want a fresh water tank as well as gray water and possibly black water?

Can I just get three of these 30 gallon tanks?

Also can this tank be put in from the under belly?

The original water tank is about 12" x 12" x 50 inches.

It would not work very well underneath the trailer floor.

However, we have other gray and black water tanks that are designed for underneath the floor mounting.

A drawing or sketch of the proposed mounting area along with the dimensions, would be helpful. You could send that direct if you wish.

Andy


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.