Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   CA Airstream only RV park? (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/ca-airstream-only-rv-park-4775.html)

Forrest 05-12-2003 11:04 AM

CA Airstream only RV park?

Does anyone know if there is an Airstream only RV park in the Los Angeles, CA area? If there are none, does anyone have a recommendation for an RV park close to or in the LA area. We will be trailering to LA to do research at the LA public libraryin about 10 days.

Thanks,

Forrest:cool:

gwsullivan 05-12-2003 11:27 AM

I have heard there is an Airstream Park east of Los Angeles near Banning, CA off Interstate 10. This is in the desert and would most likely be very hot this time of year. There is a very nice rv park/camp ground named Puddingstone Lake located in San Dimas, CA which is just a few miles east of down town LA. Beware the LA traffic!!

uwe 05-12-2003 12:10 PM

Los Angeles Area RV parks

Forrest,

Orangeland RV park is about 30minutes south of LA close to I-5.
Newport Dunes is about 45min south,and right on Newport bay.
The travel times are during non-traffic hours, 11:00 AM to 2:30Am or really early or really late. Traffic is quite bad in and around LA during rush hour.
There are some parks in the Van Nuys area, which you can find on www.woodalls.com. They will have you do a log-in account, but it's harmless. I have not received junk mail from them.
I would have to know how close to LA youwant to be in order to helpo you further.

pjtaia 05-13-2003 07:19 AM

No Airstream only parks in California...

Dockweiler State Beach is on the beach 20 miles east of downtown. Great if you like to watch airplanes take off from LAX... Probably very difficult to get into in the summer.

There is a "vintage" tailer park in Highland Park, 8-10 miles NE (towards Pasadena). They are trying to get historic landmark status. I don't know if they take newer units, but it would be fun to see.

Traffic is just a myth we spread to keep everyone from back east from moving out here! <g>

(Orangeland RV and Newport Dunes are very nice)

InsideOut 05-13-2003 08:48 AM

pjtaia

Quote:

Dockweiler State Beach is on the beach 20 miles east of downtown.
Last time I was in LA, the beach was west of town :D :D :D

Did I miss hearing about a big earthquake?

Shari :D

pjtaia 05-13-2003 08:53 AM

You mean THAT west! No wonder I was stuck in traffic!

LLB21 05-13-2003 10:40 PM

The Airstream park in Southern California is in Yucaipa.

Rickk48 05-14-2003 01:12 PM

the park in Yucaipa apparently was an Airstream Park in years past, but is no longer, I called them about 5-6 months ago. From what I was told it is now primarily a park for permanent or long term use which holds open a limited number of spaces (1 or 2) for transient use. Also, the Yucaipa park would be a good 1.5 to 2 hour commute to downtown LA especially during heavy traffic