Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   'We Can Tow It' Womens Rally 2008 (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/we-can-tow-it-womens-rally-2008-a-38883.html)

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airedale
OK, well thats just what I was thinking, but do whatever, and I said the 2nd rally was going to allow men, and be more of a forums rally, so it was going to be called that

Well you have a pretty good rally going on now. Always good to go with enthusiasm. Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and women are...well changed!:) Ask me how I know...

C'mon Laura you can do something for the talent contest. You are holding out. tee hee

airedale 03-03-2008 12:10 PM

I have no talent, believe me!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT1963
Well lets see.....

Can you make this out?
Attachment 55452

You have to think 40's for both Rosie and the Trailer!

Rivette was the cool name made up last year and I think all the ladies like the distinction. Sounds a bit more fun and generation cool opposed to "women" I am no woman by any stretch and even further from a lady:D :D :D

The emphasis is the We Can Tow It! - if you pop it in the name then it will get lost.

It is spring opposed to summer (as in last years Summer Solstice Rivette Rally) so just trying to be a bit consistent. And thinking ahead to the second Rally that will be in the fall right...so if you call them both the same thing then we will get very confused - and that does not take much for some of us like Moi!!:blink: :blink: :blink:

Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A logo that will be cool. Well Sharon is onto the logo. We can order shirts!!!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airedale
I have no talent, believe me!

Me either, that's where the laughter comes in...not that we are laughing AT anyone but rather WITH... LOL So they say...:D

airedale 03-03-2008 12:14 PM

Sharon, I knew that was an Airstream, But i cant fingure out where on the airstream that it. It looks like its the side, I just cant really make it out.

05ModPod 03-03-2008 12:17 PM

You all have talents....

No Talent - sure you do...

I have just assigned you both to the no talent skit committee - anyone with no talent can always make up a skit and act on stage :brows: :sorcerer: :w00t2:

Here are a few costumes to choose from.......:zorro: :chef: :alien: pig: :chicken: :cat: :bunny: :king:

airedale 03-03-2008 12:19 PM

Yea Sharon, whatever you say, Im not getting up and doing anything. You like assigning people to committee's dont you?

05ModPod 03-03-2008 12:23 PM

Yeah - but no one seems to listen :D so it is just lot of fun doing the assigning... I don't get to play with dolls very often ROFL

As Host of the Rally girl - you may have to oblige a bit:D :D there are expectations that all us ladies live up to...:innocent:

So if you are running with the likes of the wise "older" ones - time to suck it up and take the lead.... beside how on earth will we find you a nice surprise if we can not show you off up on the stage...

airedale 03-03-2008 12:25 PM

OKay, Im confused......is this just because I dont want to do a skit? I have NO TALENT!!!!!! Believe me, you dont want to see me do a skit, people would leave the rally!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:58 PM

Hey Sharon and I might "do" our prechoreographed slasher meets crusher. :lol: Now that would be rich! :D

What about the potluck, when? I would love to try a bourbon chicken recipe out on you. :)

And is anyone arriving early or staying longer? How about the JC tour are we going on Friday? Laura can you offer up some tenative ideas on schedule? I would like to see the caverns too.

05ModPod 03-03-2008 01:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Laura - there is no need to be confused - you have plenty of time to work on a talent :wally: - 8 weeks almost so we will all be itching to see what you come up with;) Maybe Rhonda can help you;)

Spring is in the Air Ladies...
Attachment 55453 60F WOW!!! That is 14c and I am smiling from ear to ear.

Just out playing snow balls with the girls....

Attachment 55454Attachment 55455
Attachment 55456Attachment 55459

BrockLives 03-03-2008 01:07 PM

Oh oh oh, I get the Zoro costume!

airedale 03-03-2008 01:12 PM

LOL, its yours, Sharon, its 60 degress up there? OMG, thats really warm! I really have no talent, OH OH, i have a talent, I can drink, thats a talent, yay, I have a talent. I was thinking about getting there Thursday night, It depends on when Steph plans on going down, we were going to Caravan down. I was thinking the factory tour on Friday, Saturday the Caverns and the Neil Armstrong Mus. and then a pot luck on Saturday night, and Maybe an open house? Then Happy hour?

05ModPod 03-03-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheel interested
Hey Sharon and I might "do" our prechoreographed slasher meets crusher. :lol: Now that would be rich! :D

What about the potluck, when? I would love to try a bourbon chicken recipe out on you. :)

And is anyone arriving early or staying longer? How about the JC tour are we going on Friday? Laura can you offer up some tenative ideas on schedule? I would like to see the caverns too.

I am on that cape making in a jiffy....:D Prechoreographed - is a very good idea - we can put foot steps on the stage so we don't bump into each other and knock ourselves out:lol: :lol:

Who will bring the Gong? we can have a good old Gong Show - anyone remember that TV show....?

Yes the Caverns are a must....anyone been before. The pics were really cool on the web site.

Food - always a great idea - not sure I will bring my Christmas attempt at stuffed mushrooms with escargot - might have you all laughing yourself silly...:blink:

Have to think on that.... Perhaps a theme might be a good idea - like a main dish of sorts and then things that match from appetizers to deserts??? just tossing in the brain thoughts. Anyone have one of those menu book things that list it all - then we don't have to think too much...

Calling Steph - master chef - I know you can jump in with fabulous ideas. And while you are at it offer up a few extras so I don't have to think too hard ;) ;) ;) I have a little hat for Sam - being procrastinating in sending it - hmm wonder what it is.....

airedale 03-03-2008 01:16 PM

Well I know Brock and I have some Ideas for Deserts!!!!!!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT1963
I am on that cape making in a jiffy....:D Prechoreographed - is a very good idea - we can put foot steps on the stage so we don't bump into each other and knock ourselves out:lol: :lol:

Good idea because I don't want to be knocked out!!! mommie! :lol:

I love desserts!!!! And can't wait to meet Brock too.

airedale 03-03-2008 02:07 PM

I know, Brock and I im sure will have a good time!!!!

BrockLives 03-03-2008 02:57 PM

Warm here too - was just told 65 degrees!! I'm booked until later, but I'm still going out :cool:

I'm so excited for the rally! I've been IMing Laura the last few days, all "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RALLY!!" It's kinda a break in the wait for my Airstream to be finished. It's hard being patient for this long. I've been waiting since late June..

Yeah, and we have such a cool idea for desserts. Laura wearing the cooking hat and me the dorky/creative/artsy hat, hehehe...

airedale 03-03-2008 03:02 PM

Wait, what hat, NO WAY!!!!! No hat for me, unless its mine!!!

tin sista 03-03-2008 05:34 PM

Hey wow it looks like this rally is coming together...we have a when and where...I can come down on Thursday Laura if that's not early enough lets tawk...:D Help me somebody is there a campground for sure? I will register so please pm me specially if I'm offline for a bit I'd hate to miss the boat!!

Hey Sharon you are too kind, I just like to cook, not a chef at all...say I thought you were coming by in March we're hanging on to your stuff til we see ya then unless you want us to mail it!! :) I can make/bring bread, whatever is needed, Laura is the quesadilla queen--we can bring our machines Laura...