Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   'We Can Tow It' Womens Rally 2008 (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/we-can-tow-it-womens-rally-2008-a-38883.html)

airedale 01-27-2008 09:54 PM

No, i didnt mean it like that Carol, great, now what have I done!

wheel interested 01-27-2008 10:16 PM

I'm teasing you Laura. :) I'm a lady and I'll slug anyone who says contrary. :rolleyes: :p :D

How about posting some pictures of rally sites. That always stimulates my interest.

airedale 01-27-2008 10:22 PM

ummm, i dont know how im going to be able to do that, i havent been to this campground up in machinac nor jackson center

airedale 02-05-2008 11:52 PM

someone, please post something on here, i feel like this has been a waste

thecatsandi 02-06-2008 07:43 AM

give it time your rally is not for a couple more months

airedale 02-06-2008 09:26 AM

That is true, but I need to ask off the time ASAP, so I think im going to just plan a date, because no one eles is telling me anything.

wheel interested 02-06-2008 11:58 AM

Michelle's right. It is just past January. Some are traveling South now. It's only we gals stuck in the frozen wasteland that are raring to get out but not able to get out at the same time. How many days to Christmas...a few more. :) I know that's how it feels. I can hardly wait either!

I think there are a few planning ideas worth considering here and in the other women's thread were some too. Maybe have the mods change the name of this thread to add "discussion thread" to the name since there are no specifics or you host the rally and pick your choice. The name makes it sound like an event, so perhaps many have viewed the thread and discovered it is only in the planning stages. ????

airedale 02-06-2008 12:08 PM

OK, then maybe until I can plan it, we should think of ideas on the other thread?

thecatsandi 02-06-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airedale
That is true, but I need to ask off the time ASAP, so I think im going to just plan a date, because no one eles is telling me anything.

Just throw a date out there and vote on it.

airedale 02-06-2008 12:41 PM

Been there, done that

maxandgeorgia 02-06-2008 03:03 PM

Laura, perhaps if you compile a small group of possible dates along with an assortment of possible rally sites with some simple descriptions of the amenities or nearby attractions, post those, and invite discussion, then enough interest will begin to gather around the best possibility (s) that a general consensus will develop. Try it again and see. :) ~G

U.PenAir 02-06-2008 03:50 PM

Laura,
I vote for Mac City in September!

airedale 02-06-2008 04:01 PM

Thanks Jess, thats what im thinking, IM thinking we are going to have a jackson center rally as well, just need to deside Last weekend in April or first weekend in June

U.PenAir 02-06-2008 05:15 PM

Oh, that sounds like fun too!

Foiled Again 02-06-2008 09:01 PM

Sister Karen

I mentioned to my sister Karen that a Rivettes rally could happen again this summer and that we had talked about Mackinack Island in Michigan.

Karen lives in Akron Ohio, so I suggested that I attend by coming across the PA and Ohio Turnpikes. The latter runs just north of Akron. I told Karen that I'd hang a hook out of the streetside window of "Big Red" my tow vehicle - and she could hang herself from a telephone pole like a mail sack - I'd play Railcar Mail handler and swing right and pluck her off and onto the truck bed..... We agreed it would be better if her hubby brought her to the exit and I'd pull off and back on. I guess we're getting sedate in our old ages.

Paula

tin sista 02-06-2008 09:05 PM

Hey girls!

You know I'll be there in Sept, this year I plan to get more experience with the levellers so I can just do it without any help, of course that might mean more blood pressure medicine for hubby:lol: Just kidding Dave honest:D :brows:

Paula what a hoot about the truck bed!

airedale 02-06-2008 09:59 PM

OK, so how does 2nd weekend in September sound for anyone, isnt there somthing going on the first weekend? Is that labor day? And the 4th weekend in April for Jackson Center?

tin sista 02-07-2008 05:21 PM

Hey Laura,
Yes Labor Day is the first weekend. So the second weekend would be Sept
12-14 right? I can go for sure to that one.:)

For us April is up in the air because of Dave's mom's health situation in NC so I have to play that by ear.

airedale 02-07-2008 05:33 PM

OK, well I hope we can Make the April rally Steph!

05ModPod 03-02-2008 03:51 PM

Hi Laura

Saw the posts on the Online Rally and Carol's suggestion to bring all our ideas and plans for the We Can Tow It Women's Rally 2008 back over to this thread you started.

How about we see if we can get a moderator to merge from Stephs post #717 on page 52 to your last post #788 on page 57 into this thread.... ???
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-28463-52.html

Then you can move on to getting the details for the KOA and post the finalized date for the Spring Event. (later on we can do the same for the Fall Event)

We can all start chatting about who IS coming and what all we can do to make this a great Rally :flowers: