Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   'We Can Tow It' Womens Rally 2008 (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/we-can-tow-it-womens-rally-2008-a-38883.html)

airedale 01-09-2008 10:06 AM

'We Can Tow It' Womens Rally 2008

Okay Ladies, Its time to start planning for our wonderful We Can Tow It Rally. The location hasnt been selected yet, and we need your ideas. We are thinking anywhere from Michigan to maybe Kentucky. But we need your ideas.

We also need to select a date, Spring sometime, maybe the last weekend in April, or the last weekend in May, But we are not going to have in July, due to WBCCI International Rally in Bozeman, MT.

Put your Thinking Caps on, start putting out the ideas!

BrockLives 01-09-2008 10:25 AM

Either late April or May works for me. Will post location suggestions as they come to me.

Brock

Airboss 01-09-2008 03:16 PM

Laura dont forget Dayton weekend is in May. Shakedown will either be late April or Early May as well...

tin sista 01-09-2008 03:48 PM

Great thread Laura

Kentucky is nice, Ohio has some nice state parks too.

I still like your original suggestion of Mackinac City, MI. :) Lots to do up there scenic, shopping, hiking, etc. There's also the island too.

PINKBIKE 01-09-2008 04:57 PM

Mackinac is great !! would allow my wife and I to meet a few of you all( or anywhere near gaylord would be cool also....Thanks !

airedale 01-09-2008 09:54 PM

I want to go to Mackinac SO BAD, i live in Michigan and havent been to the island yet, how sad is that!

wheel interested 01-25-2008 12:59 AM

Camping at Wilderness State Park, possibly in the wooded section may give more protection from the cold than on the beach but there are both areas. I am thinking a good campfire for spring! I went to the island once, there are surrey rides and tours with enclosures and they will wrap you in a blanket, lol, and the butterfly house and great places to eat. The boat ride itself is fun and for 10 dollars you get to tour the Grand Hotel which I did not do but would love to see. Bring bucks for that day. I think April would be good, don't forget those pesky may flies, they'll drive you indoors.

I also would like to go towards Paula in Virginia at a place she mentioned before for another rally. And Jamie, where are you? Working on having a few of us come visit or meet up with you. :)

I also wouldn't be adverse to a group cabin if they are truly rustic with bunks and stone fireplaces. I could take a pass on Ohio. And Frankenmuth I could probably day trip into the city to have dinner with you all.

airedale 01-25-2008 09:19 AM

Well Im really thinking Mackinac in April will be to cold, IM thinking Sept, what do you think Carol?

wheel interested 01-25-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airedale
Well Im really thinking Mackinac in April will be to cold, IM thinking Sept, what do you think Carol?

September would be great weather or fall for the fall colors would be breath taking. In fact the shops are probably more geared for tourists then than April. If you plan a summer or fall rally I will know better when the time gets closer as to what I am doing then.

Too cold? Brad and I just spent days with temperatures dipping down to the single digits in the Airstreams! ;)

airedale 01-25-2008 11:29 AM

Yea, I understand that, I want to go to the Can opener next year, I hope it will be warmer than what it was this year. I saw people having to wear coats, that worries me LOL. Im glad your back in the ice cube of Michigan Carol.

tin sista 01-26-2008 08:46 PM

I think the Mackinac Sept thing sounds good too! After Labor Day the Wilderness state park campground does not have site specific reservations, but you can request in the comments section of the reservation window what you'd prefer. The rangers up there have always been really nice, who wouldn't working and living in such a nice park?:) We've been up there the week after Labor Day and its sometimes jacket weather at night, I think we used the furnace a little bit, but the days were great.:)

Foiled Again 01-26-2008 10:47 PM

It's a long long way to Tiparari!

And to Mackinack, but I'll try to make it. I figure it's a three day haul. Maybe I can get my sister Karen to join me... meeting me at a rest stop on the Ohio Turnpike, and I can get her to do some of the driving.

As for Virginia, there's an Airstream Only park - Virginia Highland Haven just south of Lynchburg that is BEAUTIFUL. It's small, probably 30 to 40 spots and I think opens in mid-April. It's rural, but there are four wineries in easy driving distance, great flyfishing streams, and in Floyd, VA the biggest fabric shop I've ever seen.

Paula

airedale 01-26-2008 10:50 PM

What does everyone think about having maybe the Jackson Center rally as the womens rally, then having the Mackinac one for men as well, just like a normal forums rally? Just an Idea?

airedale 01-26-2008 10:50 PM

We would love to see you there Paula!!

maxandgeorgia 01-27-2008 03:44 PM

Paula, the Airstream Park in Virginia sounds terrific...and very far away. When I have some extra time, I think I'll pull it up on the net and look a little more deeply into it. Thanks for the reference! ~G

Foiled Again 01-27-2008 05:09 PM

Uh Doh!

Penn Woods - an hour or so north of Pittsburgh. Two hours from the world's largest shoe store. :D

Paula

airedale 01-27-2008 05:44 PM

SHOES, did i hear shoes!! LETS GO!!

wheel interested 01-27-2008 06:14 PM

Why not post another metro detroit rally Laura, they are usually quite well attended. Andy, your dad Ralph and Lou P all have great family attendance?

What Paula, "it's a shoe in" rally?:lol:

airedale 01-27-2008 09:09 PM

well, we can make it a metro detroit rally, but i want to know what the everyone thinks, what do you think ladies?

Shoe rally, count me in!!

wheel interested 01-27-2008 09:49 PM

Frankenmuth also seems a nice couple and family destination. Suz and Ike, Brad and me, Steph and Dave and Sam might find that convenient.

Oh sorry you were talking to the "ladies" :lol: But it wouldn't be a we can tow it rally and require any moxy on our part. Seems the honies would be taking the lead and assuming the role.

airedale 01-27-2008 09:54 PM

No, i didnt mean it like that Carol, great, now what have I done!

wheel interested 01-27-2008 10:16 PM

I'm teasing you Laura. :) I'm a lady and I'll slug anyone who says contrary. :rolleyes: :p :D

How about posting some pictures of rally sites. That always stimulates my interest.

airedale 01-27-2008 10:22 PM

ummm, i dont know how im going to be able to do that, i havent been to this campground up in machinac nor jackson center

airedale 02-05-2008 11:52 PM

someone, please post something on here, i feel like this has been a waste

thecatsandi 02-06-2008 07:43 AM

give it time your rally is not for a couple more months

airedale 02-06-2008 09:26 AM

That is true, but I need to ask off the time ASAP, so I think im going to just plan a date, because no one eles is telling me anything.

wheel interested 02-06-2008 11:58 AM

Michelle's right. It is just past January. Some are traveling South now. It's only we gals stuck in the frozen wasteland that are raring to get out but not able to get out at the same time. How many days to Christmas...a few more. :) I know that's how it feels. I can hardly wait either!

I think there are a few planning ideas worth considering here and in the other women's thread were some too. Maybe have the mods change the name of this thread to add "discussion thread" to the name since there are no specifics or you host the rally and pick your choice. The name makes it sound like an event, so perhaps many have viewed the thread and discovered it is only in the planning stages. ????

airedale 02-06-2008 12:08 PM

OK, then maybe until I can plan it, we should think of ideas on the other thread?

thecatsandi 02-06-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

That is true, but I need to ask off the time ASAP, so I think im going to just plan a date, because no one eles is telling me anything.

Just throw a date out there and vote on it.

airedale 02-06-2008 12:41 PM

Been there, done that

maxandgeorgia 02-06-2008 03:03 PM

Laura, perhaps if you compile a small group of possible dates along with an assortment of possible rally sites with some simple descriptions of the amenities or nearby attractions, post those, and invite discussion, then enough interest will begin to gather around the best possibility (s) that a general consensus will develop. Try it again and see. :) ~G

U.PenAir 02-06-2008 03:50 PM

Laura,
I vote for Mac City in September!

airedale 02-06-2008 04:01 PM

Thanks Jess, thats what im thinking, IM thinking we are going to have a jackson center rally as well, just need to deside Last weekend in April or first weekend in June

U.PenAir 02-06-2008 05:15 PM

Oh, that sounds like fun too!

Foiled Again 02-06-2008 09:01 PM

Sister Karen

I mentioned to my sister Karen that a Rivettes rally could happen again this summer and that we had talked about Mackinack Island in Michigan.

Karen lives in Akron Ohio, so I suggested that I attend by coming across the PA and Ohio Turnpikes. The latter runs just north of Akron. I told Karen that I'd hang a hook out of the streetside window of "Big Red" my tow vehicle - and she could hang herself from a telephone pole like a mail sack - I'd play Railcar Mail handler and swing right and pluck her off and onto the truck bed..... We agreed it would be better if her hubby brought her to the exit and I'd pull off and back on. I guess we're getting sedate in our old ages.

Paula

tin sista 02-06-2008 09:05 PM

Hey girls!

You know I'll be there in Sept, this year I plan to get more experience with the levellers so I can just do it without any help, of course that might mean more blood pressure medicine for hubby:lol: Just kidding Dave honest:D :brows:

Paula what a hoot about the truck bed!

airedale 02-06-2008 09:59 PM

OK, so how does 2nd weekend in September sound for anyone, isnt there somthing going on the first weekend? Is that labor day? And the 4th weekend in April for Jackson Center?

tin sista 02-07-2008 05:21 PM

Hey Laura,
Yes Labor Day is the first weekend. So the second weekend would be Sept
12-14 right? I can go for sure to that one.:)

For us April is up in the air because of Dave's mom's health situation in NC so I have to play that by ear.

airedale 02-07-2008 05:33 PM

OK, well I hope we can Make the April rally Steph!

05ModPod 03-02-2008 03:51 PM

Hi Laura

Saw the posts on the Online Rally and Carol's suggestion to bring all our ideas and plans for the We Can Tow It Women's Rally 2008 back over to this thread you started.

How about we see if we can get a moderator to merge from Stephs post #717 on page 52 to your last post #788 on page 57 into this thread.... ???
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-28463-52.html

Then you can move on to getting the details for the KOA and post the finalized date for the Spring Event. (later on we can do the same for the Fall Event)

We can all start chatting about who IS coming and what all we can do to make this a great Rally :flowers:

airedale 03-02-2008 03:56 PM

OKay, I called the KOA, and this is what Debbie, the owner said. For a group rate Full Hookup with cable is 31.50 and water and electric is 27.31 per night. To get the Group rate we need to have 10 rigs. I dont know if we can get that many. But if we do, we get a free Pavillion that is inclosed, and heated if its to cold to have our meals or whatever. If we didnt have that many Full Hook up will cost is 37.31 a night and water and electric would be 32.31, and you cant use your KOA card, which sounded kinda odd to me. The Pool wont be open, but they do that free WiFi. She told me a lot of great things about the area, such as the Neil Armstrong Museum, and about a good place to get dinner on Friday night.

I also went to the website of the Saint Mary's state park, and they have Water and Electric (I think) for 24.00 a night. Frankly I dont care where we go.

Also I did talk to Mel on the forums, and she is going to edit my first post on here once we get a location down.

05ModPod 03-02-2008 04:12 PM

We should call you the Lightening Woman you are so fast!!

Great info Laura. Maybe a link to both camps and then people can give their two cents as to which might be the best for all. Then the final decision as to the location can be made.

.....is that like the Neil Armstrong to the moon Alice 1969 Moon Landing Neil????? Like the same Neil who has two buddies Michael Collins and Buzz Aldren as in THAT NEIL??????

I am so so so close to committing:D (no not being committed;) )

So as soon as there is a definite Date (April 24-26????) Then I can, as the say Book it Dan 'O'

airedale 03-02-2008 04:25 PM

Yes, the date will be April 24 thru 26. Anyone who wants to take the tour at the Airstream Plant would need to be there by 2pm. Also, I asked, and the Carverns are about 45 minutes away, and Debbie said IT WAS WORTH THE DRIVE!!!!!!

Yes Sharon, the Neil Armstrong that was the first person to walk on the moon, he has his own museum.

airedale 03-02-2008 04:34 PM

ok, here are the web address'

here is the KOA

New Page 1

and here is the Saint Mary's state park

Grand Lake St. Marys State Park

wheel interested 03-02-2008 05:34 PM

Good links Laura. Hey everybody chime in.

It's nice the KOA has a pavillion...I know it would be better than the "chapel" at Poor Farmers? :lol: The lake would be more open in space and elements, may or may not be a good thing. Wonder what the projected forecast is for the end of April.

airedale 03-02-2008 06:25 PM

If we can get 10 rigs, I wouldnt mind the KOA, but if we cant, I would like to stay at the lake. The KOA is just so damn pricey, its not like Im going to need cable TV, and the pool is close, and there arent any events going on, so we arent really getting all we could, ya know what I mean? If we can get 10 rigs, i think it would be a nice place, for a good price.

05ModPod 03-02-2008 06:49 PM

Thanks Laura - great job on the links....

Looks like Peter is thinking of making a small holiday out of it. By the end of April his arenas will be shut down and he will be in a good frame of mind for a nice break.

We will be picking up the new shower at the Factory - so he will have a job to do to keep him busy while I play :flowers:

But no more fancy free for me:D Will have some of that great Blackcurrent Merlot for hand outs - (and if we set too on a name and any ideas for a logo - I will get some wine labels done up.)

But moderation is the key for me - I get myself into far too much trouble:lol: :brows:

That kiddy play ground looks like a nice substitute for the midnight swim:innocent:

We might have our Kayaks with us - so a lake or one near by might be nice. As for the girls, stay or go, up in the air at this point...:flowers:

airedale 03-02-2008 06:52 PM

There can be substitute for the pool! I loved the midnight dip, thats why I was thinking of the lake, the only thing is, we may be able to call ourselves polar bears by the end of it LOL!

So Peter is coming, Gee, this is funny coming from the person who didnt want ANY husbands to come!!

05ModPod 03-02-2008 07:04 PM

Yeah it is funny really:lol: :lol:

I could pick the opposite campsite to what the Rivettes choose and just come in for the day - like a Rivette day camp and just bring pictures of my trailer:cool:

Or I could choose my husband over the Rivettes completely - which is not really on my list of favorite ideas.

I guess I am looking at a different situation now (life is like that) We have to make the trip to Jackson Centre In April - and it is a good 10 hour drive for us - to make the trip back to back when our time is so limited would be a bit silly.

He will be out of sight and out of mind - if you all want him to be a Larrietta look-a-like then he will oblige. Peter and I will have our time together before and after the weekend if we plan his vacation that way.

I do the towing most of the time anyway and I also do the parking, so there is no big deal on that score;).

But if the consensus is no "males" then you just have to say the word - and I will work something out.:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

airedale 03-02-2008 07:07 PM

i dont have a problem with it, but it was just like before when I said that there was 2 couples that said they wanted to come, but husbands had to come, well, now we are changing plans, so what do I say to them, that they can come with their husbands?

05ModPod 03-02-2008 07:44 PM

The philosophy of the Rivettes is to have the courage to tow to the Rally - get out and meet ladies of all walks of life. It is a ladies event primarily. There will always be circumstances where people will be on vacation or passing through or close by to a Rivette Rally - to which thus far we have not turned anyone away.

We had male guests at the first Rivette Rally that did not deter whatsoever from the philosophy of the event, nor from the experiences of all the ladies who went to great lengths to accomplish what they did.

However, for those needing to travel with their husbands or friend - must ask themselves the question as to what their intent would be.

Ours is simple - we are not an afternoon drive away. The rally is now in April rather than June. Peter has vacation and is coming off a long winter with no vacation. We have to visit the Factory - and Peter also would love to do the tour!

Laura please don't think you have to feel like you are responsible for telling anyone anything. I am sure all out there can make their own decisions under whatever circumstances they find themselves in.

But as I mentioned - we can work around it if there is a problem. Peter is the last person we have to worry about crashing our ladies Party!:innocent: (or is that Petunia):brows:

airedale 03-02-2008 07:56 PM

I know, I just dont know where to draw the line. I dont want someone mad because all these men showing up LOL

loudruff 03-02-2008 08:37 PM

Larrita

Larry crashed the last rally. I don't think that he really subtracted anything from the fun that we had at the rally. He added some little amount of interest. He (as Larrita) had some fun and kept himself busy. Both of us had a great time at the Summer Solstice. I think that the rally should be open to any airstreamers that can get there. It adds interest and the ladies that wish to have their get togethers can do so! We had quite a few ladies that gathered off to themselves at the Metro Detroit and I don't think any of the rest of the group was concerned about it. But that is just my take on it....to each her own opinion.
Lou

loudruff 03-02-2008 08:39 PM

Peter

Peter and Larry can entertain themselves in fine style. I say! They can have their own men's rally! LOL Add some more men to that and we can call it a Men's and Women's "you can tow it too" rally!

wheel interested 03-02-2008 08:53 PM

Larrita was a big hit! Don't worry about drawing lines, I think Lou is right. And good philosophy Sharon. And don't forget that Jamie's husband stopped over as did Lou and Larry's friends.

Post the rally on the calendar and let interested people start signing up and get the exposure from the rally pop-ups and tell your couple friends they can come, and that's my opinion. It's not like us to turn people away or make rules. You can then get busy recruiting for the next rally and getting even more women to tow whether they drive alone or not.

Maybe you want to rename the rally to something about Ohio or the factory???? Catch the wave you have momentum!!

airedale 03-02-2008 09:18 PM

Oh Lou, you crack me up!!!

airedale 03-02-2008 09:19 PM

I thought the name was cool:angel:

wheel interested 03-02-2008 09:24 PM

That makes it easy, write it up and give to the mods to put up. Get 'er done.

airedale 03-02-2008 09:27 PM

so what campground, has anyone been to the state park before?

Foiled Again 03-02-2008 09:37 PM

If'n I kin ketch one, I'd bring him!

I think Husbands, boyfriends, etc are fine as long as they come with Larita's attitude and helpfulness. It was great fun last year and I'm all for it. It is a woman's rally, but that doesn't mean we should exclude males... it just means that they will be outclassed and out-manned!

Paula

airedale 03-02-2008 09:52 PM

Paula, are you planning on attending again this year?

05ModPod 03-02-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foiled Again
I think Husbands, boyfriends, etc are fine as long as they come with Larita's attitude and helpfulness. It was great fun last year and I'm all for it. It is a woman's rally, but that doesn't mean we should exclude males... it just means that they will be outclassed and out-manned!

Paula

Right then I will start making Peters ooops (Petunias) list.....

...go shopping for any and all last minute things we need (no Peter no just me all of the ladies needs)

...politetly knock on all trailers to ask if you can put their coffee on for them
(in my case be sure to have my tea made before you make your rounds) and if there is anything they need to be carried to the common area..

...Check with Jamie for extra fiber cloths and be sure you finish walbernizing all the newer trailers in attendance before the end of the day.

...for those older trailers in need of a polish be sure to leave yourself enough time to get them done before the end of the weekend.

...if it rains we will require an umbrella to protect us as we wonder aimlessly from trailer to trailer...

...for those of us just too busy and tired of getting our own housework done - the last thing we want to do is our trailers - so be sure to bring your Maid trolley with all the materials you need to provide a full service trailer interior clean sweep...

...no you don't have to serve our drinks - we can manage that quite fine....no you don't even have to cook as we do that quite fine too....

Be sure to get your own shopping done before you arrive - we are all dying to see what outfit you will pick - and I am sure there are some that can lend you a helping hand with your hair and makeup:lol: :lol:

Look out Laritta, Petunia will most certainly be asking you to hang out in the shower for a spell...so bring your tools...

And for the late arrivals like after dark - okay way into dark - bring extra flashlights cause the fellers make extra special runway lighting.....

airedale 03-02-2008 10:12 PM

poor guy, im feeling for him now!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well if we were going to ketch some menfolk, we just missed Sadie Hawkins Day, darn! :lol:

I have stayed at the KOA and we have driven over to the lake to check out the campgrounds. The lake is really big, one of the largest manmade lakes with several beaches and one for campers and a large campground. The KOA is close off 75 at a well developed intersection so easy access to gas stations, restaurants, etc. and a smaller mom and pop type across from a cemetary so on that side the neighbors are quiet. :D You can see from the one map their proximity to each other and get an idea of the size of the lake.

loudruff 03-03-2008 01:17 AM

cracked up??

Quote:

Oh Lou, you crack me up!!!

This is Lou, the other Lou!!! As in Lou and Larry Woodruff.....not the Patterson! :huh: What cracks you UP? LOL :blink:
Larry and I have stayed at Grand Lake St. Mary's SP when we were there to go to the Neil Armstrong Museum which is close by. It is a great SP. Nice pull thru spots and nice restrooms and showers. Very clean. I don't know if there is a pavillion. We only need a couple of sun shelters next to a couple of awnings, right? And then we pray for nice weather!!!! LOL! :flowers:

tin sista 03-03-2008 09:05 AM

Hey! I've been offline for a while...good news I will be there!!:) Be sure to let me know when and where to register! A pull through would be a good thing, but then again I have to learn to back in sometime and there's already a dent on one side:lol: just kidding...

airedale 03-03-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudruff
Peter and Larry can entertain themselves in fine style. I say! They can have their own men's rally! LOL Add some more men to that and we can call it a Men's and Women's "you can tow it too" rally!

I know your Not Lou Patterson, I havent lost it yet. This post is what made me laugh!!

airedale 03-03-2008 11:09 AM

Okay Ladies, I called the State Park. First is they dont have full hook up, all they have are electrical sites which are 23.00 dollars a night. They have Water to full your holding tank and also a dump station. Jackson Center is about 30-45 minutes away, and the Caverns are about 45 minutes as well. They Do have Pull Threw sites, and I do have a map of the campground, but I cant post it on here. They dont really have any sites on the water, but they have some that are very close to the water, within walking distance. They dont have a group area in the electric area, but she said that I shouldnt have a problem getting us all together at that time of year. She said that there is an 8 Dollar fee to make reservations, and you have to pay for your whole stay when you make reservations. She said we shoudnt need to make reservations, but to call at the begining of April to see how its going as far as sites open. They have Fire rings and pinic tables at every site.

So what does everyone think?

wheel interested 03-03-2008 11:11 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I like the state park!

And I think we should do the Dude Looks Like a Lady competition! And thanks to Lou and Larrita (Larry) for starting this fun Rivettee tradition! :flowers:
Attachment 55444 Attachment 55442

Attachment 55443 Attachment 55445

Attachment 55446 Attachment 55447

airedale 03-03-2008 11:18 AM

Oh Gosh, YES WE DO, and I have that song on my Ipod!!! I think we are going to get some good looking shemales at this rally!!!

05ModPod 03-03-2008 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well that is a fab idea Carol.....Peter has had a bit of practice - but someone really needs to work on his makeup skills :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Taken many moons ago at our first Halloween Party in our first house so that is way too many years ago....He/she might have aged a bit from that photo:D :D

Attachment 55448

05ModPod 03-03-2008 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jumping Right In......

How is this for a logo...?? The shot was taken at the Jackson Centre Last Year.

I can work the sizing and any of the lettering size depending on what we all want to use it for....perhaps that souvenir site (anyone have the link???) can be set up again....

Attachment 55450

airedale 03-03-2008 11:47 AM

Okay, I like it, but one thinkg, First is that its not the Spring rally, I thought we were going to call it the We Can Tow It rally. And the Airstream is kinda confusing to me, its hard to make it out. But i really like Rosie in the window!!!

airedale 03-03-2008 11:48 AM

Oh tell Peter he wont have any problems with looking like a lady, we can work on his makeup.

Rhonda 03-03-2008 11:59 AM

OMG you gals are cracking me up!! I have a question about the "beauty contest". How does one go about judging it? Is it based on personality,looks,best outfit? Will there be a mankini contest or talent portion? Inquiring minds want to know!!:lol: :lol:

airedale 03-03-2008 12:01 PM

Mankini, I just got a picture in my head that is more like a nightmare! I think best personality and a talent portion! But I dont care really!

05ModPod 03-03-2008 12:03 PM

About the Logo...

1 Attachment(s)
Well lets see.....

Can you make this out?
Attachment 55452

You have to think 40's for both Rosie and the Trailer!

Rivette was the cool name made up last year and I think all the ladies like the distinction. Sounds a bit more fun and generation cool opposed to "women" I am no woman by any stretch and even further from a lady:D :D :D

The emphasis is the We Can Tow It! - if you pop it in the name then it will get lost.

It is spring opposed to summer (as in last years Summer Solstice Rivette Rally) so just trying to be a bit consistent. And thinking ahead to the second Rally that will be in the fall right...so if you call them both the same thing then we will get very confused - and that does not take much for some of us like Moi!!:blink: :blink: :blink:

airedale 03-03-2008 12:04 PM

OK, well thats just what I was thinking, but do whatever, and I said the 2nd rally was going to allow men, and be more of a forums rally, so it was going to be called that

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonda
OMG you gals are cracking me up!! I have a question about the "beauty contest". How does one go about judging it? Is it based on personality,looks,best outfit? Will there be a mankini contest or talent portion? Inquiring minds want to know!!:lol: :lol:

OMG talent contest LOL this is fun! Can we all get in on that, it would be a hoot! Beacause I don't have ANY talent, tee hee, just make sure we keep those libations coming...:D

airedale 03-03-2008 12:06 PM

I dont have any talents, but to watch the guys with a talent, that would be fun!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

OK, well thats just what I was thinking, but do whatever, and I said the 2nd rally was going to allow men, and be more of a forums rally, so it was going to be called that

Well you have a pretty good rally going on now. Always good to go with enthusiasm. Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and women are...well changed!:) Ask me how I know...

C'mon Laura you can do something for the talent contest. You are holding out. tee hee

airedale 03-03-2008 12:10 PM

I have no talent, believe me!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT1963
Well lets see.....

Can you make this out?
Attachment 55452

You have to think 40's for both Rosie and the Trailer!

Rivette was the cool name made up last year and I think all the ladies like the distinction. Sounds a bit more fun and generation cool opposed to "women" I am no woman by any stretch and even further from a lady:D :D :D

The emphasis is the We Can Tow It! - if you pop it in the name then it will get lost.

It is spring opposed to summer (as in last years Summer Solstice Rivette Rally) so just trying to be a bit consistent. And thinking ahead to the second Rally that will be in the fall right...so if you call them both the same thing then we will get very confused - and that does not take much for some of us like Moi!!:blink: :blink: :blink:

Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A logo that will be cool. Well Sharon is onto the logo. We can order shirts!!!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

I have no talent, believe me!

Me either, that's where the laughter comes in...not that we are laughing AT anyone but rather WITH... LOL So they say...:D

airedale 03-03-2008 12:14 PM

Sharon, I knew that was an Airstream, But i cant fingure out where on the airstream that it. It looks like its the side, I just cant really make it out.

05ModPod 03-03-2008 12:17 PM

You all have talents....

No Talent - sure you do...

I have just assigned you both to the no talent skit committee - anyone with no talent can always make up a skit and act on stage :brows: :sorcerer: :w00t2:

Here are a few costumes to choose from.......:zorro: :chef: :alien: pig: :chicken: :cat: :bunny: :king:

airedale 03-03-2008 12:19 PM

Yea Sharon, whatever you say, Im not getting up and doing anything. You like assigning people to committee's dont you?

05ModPod 03-03-2008 12:23 PM

Yeah - but no one seems to listen :D so it is just lot of fun doing the assigning... I don't get to play with dolls very often ROFL

As Host of the Rally girl - you may have to oblige a bit:D :D there are expectations that all us ladies live up to...:innocent:

So if you are running with the likes of the wise "older" ones - time to suck it up and take the lead.... beside how on earth will we find you a nice surprise if we can not show you off up on the stage...

airedale 03-03-2008 12:25 PM

OKay, Im confused......is this just because I dont want to do a skit? I have NO TALENT!!!!!! Believe me, you dont want to see me do a skit, people would leave the rally!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 12:58 PM

Hey Sharon and I might "do" our prechoreographed slasher meets crusher. :lol: Now that would be rich! :D

What about the potluck, when? I would love to try a bourbon chicken recipe out on you. :)

And is anyone arriving early or staying longer? How about the JC tour are we going on Friday? Laura can you offer up some tenative ideas on schedule? I would like to see the caverns too.

05ModPod 03-03-2008 01:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Laura - there is no need to be confused - you have plenty of time to work on a talent :wally: - 8 weeks almost so we will all be itching to see what you come up with;) Maybe Rhonda can help you;)

Spring is in the Air Ladies...
Attachment 55453 60F WOW!!! That is 14c and I am smiling from ear to ear.

Just out playing snow balls with the girls....

Attachment 55454Attachment 55455
Attachment 55456Attachment 55459

BrockLives 03-03-2008 01:07 PM

Oh oh oh, I get the Zoro costume!

airedale 03-03-2008 01:12 PM

LOL, its yours, Sharon, its 60 degress up there? OMG, thats really warm! I really have no talent, OH OH, i have a talent, I can drink, thats a talent, yay, I have a talent. I was thinking about getting there Thursday night, It depends on when Steph plans on going down, we were going to Caravan down. I was thinking the factory tour on Friday, Saturday the Caverns and the Neil Armstrong Mus. and then a pot luck on Saturday night, and Maybe an open house? Then Happy hour?

05ModPod 03-03-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheel interested
Hey Sharon and I might "do" our prechoreographed slasher meets crusher. :lol: Now that would be rich! :D

What about the potluck, when? I would love to try a bourbon chicken recipe out on you. :)

And is anyone arriving early or staying longer? How about the JC tour are we going on Friday? Laura can you offer up some tenative ideas on schedule? I would like to see the caverns too.

I am on that cape making in a jiffy....:D Prechoreographed - is a very good idea - we can put foot steps on the stage so we don't bump into each other and knock ourselves out:lol: :lol:

Who will bring the Gong? we can have a good old Gong Show - anyone remember that TV show....?

Yes the Caverns are a must....anyone been before. The pics were really cool on the web site.

Food - always a great idea - not sure I will bring my Christmas attempt at stuffed mushrooms with escargot - might have you all laughing yourself silly...:blink:

Have to think on that.... Perhaps a theme might be a good idea - like a main dish of sorts and then things that match from appetizers to deserts??? just tossing in the brain thoughts. Anyone have one of those menu book things that list it all - then we don't have to think too much...

Calling Steph - master chef - I know you can jump in with fabulous ideas. And while you are at it offer up a few extras so I don't have to think too hard ;) ;) ;) I have a little hat for Sam - being procrastinating in sending it - hmm wonder what it is.....

airedale 03-03-2008 01:16 PM

Well I know Brock and I have some Ideas for Deserts!!!!!!

wheel interested 03-03-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT1963
I am on that cape making in a jiffy....:D Prechoreographed - is a very good idea - we can put foot steps on the stage so we don't bump into each other and knock ourselves out:lol: :lol:

Good idea because I don't want to be knocked out!!! mommie! :lol:

I love desserts!!!! And can't wait to meet Brock too.

airedale 03-03-2008 02:07 PM

I know, Brock and I im sure will have a good time!!!!

BrockLives 03-03-2008 02:57 PM

Warm here too - was just told 65 degrees!! I'm booked until later, but I'm still going out :cool:

I'm so excited for the rally! I've been IMing Laura the last few days, all "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RALLY!!" It's kinda a break in the wait for my Airstream to be finished. It's hard being patient for this long. I've been waiting since late June..

Yeah, and we have such a cool idea for desserts. Laura wearing the cooking hat and me the dorky/creative/artsy hat, hehehe...

airedale 03-03-2008 03:02 PM

Wait, what hat, NO WAY!!!!! No hat for me, unless its mine!!!

tin sista 03-03-2008 05:34 PM

Hey wow it looks like this rally is coming together...we have a when and where...I can come down on Thursday Laura if that's not early enough lets tawk...:D Help me somebody is there a campground for sure? I will register so please pm me specially if I'm offline for a bit I'd hate to miss the boat!!

Hey Sharon you are too kind, I just like to cook, not a chef at all...say I thought you were coming by in March we're hanging on to your stuff til we see ya then unless you want us to mail it!! :) I can make/bring bread, whatever is needed, Laura is the quesadilla queen--we can bring our machines Laura...