Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   General Repair Forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   help!! need Argosy Parts (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/help-need-argosy-parts-34276.html)

hwuthrich 07-15-2007 10:57 PM

help!! need Argosy Parts

Greetings to all, I'm new at this and came accross this site while looking for parts for our 77 6m Minuet. I'm not quite sure how to go about this but I'm going to wing it. I desperately need the plastic gliders for the lounge-bed at the end of the aluminum rails for the pull-out system. I live Fort St. John, that is in northeastern British Columbia. It is very hard to find places to get replacement parts and specifically for the Airstream/Argosy line. If you can help me out with this situation I surely would appreciate your help. You can email me at hwuthrich@prn.bc.ca.

Thank you for your help in advance
Kindly, Harry Wuthrich

whitelight 07-15-2007 11:18 PM

Hi Harry & welcome to the Forums! As many have said before, you've come to the right place for your questions.

Do you have a picture you can post that shows what part you want to replace or where/how it functions? This would help in figuring out where to direct you. As well, other Minuet/Argosy owners may have run across the same problem & have a solution.

We have a 22' 1975 Argosy - the front gaucho slides out to make a bed; however, we don't have plastic gliders as ours are wood.

Generally, for vintage trailer parts there are several sources: vintagetrailersupply.com has wooden gaucho/bed sliders. inlandrv.com is also a very good source of vintage Airstream/Argosy supplies.

Good luck - this forum is composed of very resourceful people with access to numerous resources!

hwuthrich 07-15-2007 11:59 PM

Thanks for the nudge. I meant to attach a couple of pics and forgot. Hopefully this works. I am not always a very successful tech operator.

hwuthrich 07-16-2007 12:17 AM

Hi again, like I said I'm not always very technically successful. If you go to my profile under my photo gallery you will find a couple of pics of the part I am looking for. I would like to purchase a few for these if possible.

Thanks again.

whitelight 07-16-2007 07:04 PM

Photos

Hi Harry - the photos don't seem to be in your private profile . . .

hwuthrich 07-16-2007 09:51 PM

OK everyone, I'm back on here again and this time I think I did it, I actually uploaded 2 pics on the member's photos page, I think. Go to the "Photos" link at the top of the page and click on "Member's Photos", then click on the "H" and go to page 2 under "hwuthrich". Try it and see if it works for you to take a peek at my wonderful part that I need a few of.

Silverhobby 07-17-2007 12:32 AM

Argosy and Minuet Parts Available

I hope that this will help you. I purchased the plastic slides about 2 years ago from my local dealer in North Carolina. Out-of-Doors Mart
Phone # 1-866-636-2267. Ben has always been helpful and will ship your order promptly.

hwuthrich 07-17-2007 08:58 PM

Thanks

Thanks Silverhobby, i'll try that lead tomorrow.

Harry