Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Just purchased a 25FB Int CCD "Paprika" (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/just-purchased-a-25fb-int-ccd-paprika-32915.html)

BoatBoy 06-01-2007 08:07 AM

Just purchased a 25FB Int CCD "Paprika"
 
Well, we sign paperwork tonight... We traded in our 2006 Montana Mountaineer for a smaller trailer. Lost our tail in the transaction but everyone is happier for it. I now have the back of my TV for kayaks and I don't have to lift my lumber rack out of the truck every time we want to take off for the weekend!:D


My wife wanted the Airstream from the beginning. I should have listened.:o


Thanks for the forum!
Corbett and Sharon House
Walnut Creek, CA

Oops, How do I move to the new member area! Newbies:o

moosetags 06-01-2007 08:13 AM

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congratulations on your new baby.

We, also, have a 25FB, lave the layout. We have spwnt 120 nights in her in the last year and have not tired of it.

Goes to show, you always listen to your wife!

CanoeStream 06-01-2007 08:17 AM

Hello Corbett -- Congratulations Sharon -- and welcome to the Forums! We really like the 25' FB design. I'm sure you will too. It is our intention that new members start a new thread in Member Introductions -- so you've done well! Please post again -- and camping pictures are great.

When do you pick up the new trailer? Look for the couch platform pulling out for a better bed space between the dinette and fridge.

BoatBoy 06-01-2007 08:24 AM

We spent a lot of time going back and forth on the model finally settling on the 25FB mostly for the bath and the rear view. We really like Seacliff SB in Aptos for camping which is the key motivator for the rear view. The 25 still limits some of the campgrounds that we can get into but I am hoping that they will let me slide because it is an Airstream and will improve the park.:cool:

BoatBoy 06-01-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanoeStream
It is our intention that new members start a new thread in Member Introductions -- so you've done well!

I thought I blew it on my first post and somehow put it in the main area!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanoeStream
When do you pick up the new trailer?

Our plan is to pick it up on the 13th. That should be enough time for the dealer to fix a few things and detail it. I suspect it has been on display for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Look for the couch platform pulling out for a better bed space between the dinette and fridge.

I found the slide out, is it a better nights sleep than the dinette?

Sparkygus 06-01-2007 10:07 AM

Congratulations! The 25FB is awesome. A friend who has SOB came over yesterday to see our silver bullet. This is the same friend who told us that the AS is too expensive, and that for our first RV we should start smaller and cheaper. Well, he changed his mind after seeing it and said, "This is not what I expected. If I'da seen this, I'da bought it rather than my fifth wheel."

We're new too, and these forums have been priceless.

Welcome!

CanoeStream 06-01-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatBoy
We spent a lot of time going back and forth on the model finally settling on the 25FB mostly for the bath and the rear view. We really like Seacliff SB in Aptos for camping which is the key motivator for the rear view. The 25 still limits some of the campgrounds that we can get into but I am hoping that they will let me slide because it is an Airstream and will improve the park.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatBoy
I found the slide out, is it a better nights sleep than the dinette?

Yes, I appreciate the head not being near my pillow. About the smallest camp slot I've been in has been 40' -- put the tires all the way back to the curb and let down the stabilizers behind it, then had to lap my 20' truck with the A-frame slightly. I absolutely love the open airy and private living area at the back!

The slide out sleeping area and a dinette both have creases between cushions to deal with - lengthwise with the first and crosswise with the second. I'll sleep on the couch by the fridge occasionally without deploying the slideout. The slide out is easier to set up -- when 3 are aboard. You'd have to use the dinette too if you have 4 -- haven't yet needed to do that myself.

Good choice for a tow vehicle too! Have fun.

Turtle 06-02-2007 02:01 PM

Welcome to the forum BoatBoy. Does anybody know if the Seacliff SP in Aptos problem been fixed yet? Jamie

Airhog1 06-02-2007 02:18 PM

Welcome to the Forums...your gonna be tickled Silver!!!


g

Safari-Rick 06-02-2007 02:33 PM

Welcome aboard Boatboy !

Just don't forget that you take your time and give the AS a good going over prior to taking it from the dealer.

And even if you do find things after you take it home, you got two years to fix those things that you didn't see or broke\came apart in the shakedown cruise.

Remember, if you can't find the answer here at the forum, then it just don't exist!

R/
Safari-Rick

BoatBoy 06-03-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle
Welcome to the forum BoatBoy. Does anybody know if the Seacliff SP in Aptos problem been fixed yet? Jamie

Do you mean the potential evac in the middle of the night due to high tide?

The last time we stayed the tide came close but never crossed the bike path into the lot. Although the rangers were a bit excited.

The great news is that I can now fit in the overflow parking!!!

BoatBoy 06-03-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safari-Rick
Welcome aboard Boatboy !

Just don't forget that you take your time and give the AS a good going over prior to taking it from the dealer.

And even if you do find things after you take it home, you got two years to fix those things that you didn't see or broke\came apart in the shakedown cruise.

Remember, if you can't find the answer here at the forum, then it just don't exist!

R/
Safari-Rick

Funny thing, I just finished getting everything fixed on my original purchase! The paperwork was signed and I walked into the dealer to sign the purchase agreement.

As for the AS I went through the coach for about an hour testing everything I could. I found a few things that need attention. When I do my walkthrough with the dealer they will have LPG and Electrical working on it which will allow me to test everything.

I downloaded a check list from the web for my last trailer which was really handy. We spent almost four hours going through the last one but that involved crawling around on the roof looking for holes.:blink:

Thank you everyone for the warm greetings!

Goin camping 06-03-2007 09:37 AM

Hey welcome to the party!

We love our FB. What a great layout.

Could you post some pics?

There is a California streamers forum Rally 7-20/7-22. And everyone is invited. Check it out in the up coming rallies section and get in on it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.