Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   WBCCI MOHO Poll (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/wbcci-moho-poll-29426.html)

Buttercup 01-18-2007 10:57 AM

WBCCI MOHO Poll

Simple poll for all WBCCI members AND prospective members.

You have heard the news that the WBCCI leadership is discussing the possibility of re-badging a THOR Class "A" motorhome as an Airstream. You can find details about this issue on these forums and at WBCCI's own web site (as well as SaveWally.org). Do you support the WBCCI's current plans to rebadge an SOB Class "A" motor home as an Airstream product.

A simple Yes or No will do. This is not a scientific poll, just an informal one.

Towdaddy 01-18-2007 11:11 AM

As a prospective member: NO

Vickie(Mrs. Towdaddy)

Buttercup 01-18-2007 11:13 AM

I guess I should vote...

Ahhh let me think......

NO!

boblee5244 01-18-2007 11:18 AM

yes

azflycaster 01-18-2007 12:03 PM

https://www.advertisementave.biz/imag...lone-spade.jpg

nvestysly 01-18-2007 12:12 PM

Whenever

When? Never!

Silvertwinkie 01-18-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azflycaster

That's a great one! :)

I agree, even though I'm not a member, I think it's just plain foolish to have an Airstream club with mock Airstreams in it. Of course, I say this from the sidelines which doesn't carry much weight behind it. ;)

rickandsandi 01-18-2007 02:45 PM

Sitting Pretty

OK, here is a quick look at it the way I see it right now.

WBCCI not so long ago said that AS MH were not allowed in the WBCCI. Long at last they were allowed as members. The Good 'Ol Boys buy them so they can show they are better than us, travel easier or what have you. Life is good.:o Airstream says, hey we are loosing money here, people want AS trailers so we are going to stop making MH. Good 'Ol Boys, Boo Hoo Hoo :( .

So what do they do, lets brand SOB as an Airstream, NOT, and all will be right again.

Is that what I'm reading?

Buttercup 01-18-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickandsandi
OK, here is a quick look at it the way I see it right now.

WBCCI not so long ago said that AS MH were not allowed in the WBCCI. Long at last they were allowed as members. The Good 'Ol Boys buy them so they can show they are better than us, travel easier or what have you. Life is good.:o Airstream says, hey we are loosing money here, people want AS trailers so we are going to stop making MH. Good 'Ol Boys, Boo Hoo Hoo :( .

So what do they do, lets brand SOB as an Airstream, NOT, and all will be right again.

Is that what I'm reading?

You got it, the plan is to take units manufactured by Damon and Four Winds and put a silver metallic base color on it with other colors for graphics.

All selected models would remain "branded as they are now" (as in Mandalay) but would be labeled "Airstream Edition". The interior would be identical to the original models. These units would be sold and serviced by their manufacturer (not by Airstream). The units would be priced "slightly higher" than the non "Airstream Edition" versions.

I'll have more on THIS topic later....

balrgn 01-18-2007 03:03 PM

No Only NO :nuke:

NO ....... WAY :bangin:

boblee5244 01-18-2007 03:10 PM

Let me see if I have this right. rickandsandi thinks that because I have a motorhome I feel that I am better than others. I have been a member of WBCCI for 10 years and have never been told that I am an elitist. Being a retired truck-driver from Ky.just the opposite. I think that hurtfull in-general comments will do more to destroy this club than allowing Mandalay MH in.

Airstream25 01-18-2007 03:14 PM

Why would anyone waste time watching humorous but fictional episodes on a TV sitcom when they can tune in here to the real absurdities of the WBCCI?

balrgn 01-18-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boblee5244
Let me see if I have this right. rickandsandi thinks that because I have a motorhome I feel that I am better than others. I have been a member of WBCCI for 10 years and have never been told that I am an elitist. Being a retired truck-driver from Ky.just the opposite. I think that hurtfull in-general comments will do more to destroy this club than allowing Mandalay MH in.

Oh crap, I have a motor Home and Trailers........ I'm so confused

Kidding, sorry couldn't resit :blush:

myboyburt 01-18-2007 03:40 PM

Oh well, I thought this year we'd be able to work on building membership. But now it looks like we will be mobilizing the masses to defeat this proposal. :(

streamer23 01-18-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboyburt
Oh well, I thought this year we'd be able to work on building membership. But now it looks like we will be mobilizing the masses to defeat this proposal. :(

My thoughts exactly.:(

Buttercup 01-18-2007 03:45 PM

Wait, they are working on building membership - Class "A" membership.

Funny that AS trailers are selling like hot cakes and despite being handed a membership for FREE, you can't keep these folks in the club.

Yet, with all of that, the IBT are trying to keep a few hundred class "A" owners in the club, while the rest of us drift away in great disappointment.....

LuminumTraila 01-18-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balrgn
Oh crap, I have a motor Home and Trailers........ I'm so confused

Kidding, sorry couldn't resit :blush:

There there now, balrgn, no need to worry. You have both motorhome and trailers, but not an identity crisis. Yours are all manufactured by Airstream, remember?

:flowers:-J

Chuck 01-18-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airstream25
Why would anyone waste time watching humorous but fictional episodes on a TV sitcom when they can tune in here to the real absurdities of the WBCCI?

no laugh track? :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck 01-18-2007 04:36 PM

OTOH....

how are these current model A/S motorhomes any different? ok...they're "manufactured" by airstream...but c'mon, they're not anything like an airstream. its just a big white box that has the word "Airstream" painted on the outside. does it really matter what factory it comes out of?

The original MHs didn't evey SAY airstream on 'em. but they were still "like" an airstream...

bobchevy89 01-18-2007 04:53 PM

:confused: all argosy owners circle the wagons either trailors or moho's ..them rable rouser airstreamers are at it again.we are having a identity crisus here..I was told by one streamer that argosy' aren't air streams. I'm confused:sad: