Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Doors & Locks (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f453/)
-   -   75th Anniversary Screen Door Logo... (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f453/75th-anniversary-screen-door-logo-29368.html)

SafariSS 01-15-2007 04:54 PM

75th Anniversary Screen Door Logo...

Does anyone know if you can buy the 75th Anniversary logo for the screen door seperately? I saw in the classified section that a guy installed one on a 05 International 28'.

I think they are cool!

bobkelly 01-15-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafariSS
Does anyone know if you can buy the 75th Anniversary logo for the screen door seperately? I saw in the classified section that a guy installed one on a 05 International 28'.

I think they are cool!

Yes they are available as a separate item. Try the airstream factory store. I bought one from them last summer at the Int'l in Salem, Oregon. Takes five minutes after you have a screwdriver in hand. Uses the same holes in the alum screen frame that the original alum screen protector did. It's a premium product, thick gauge stainless steel, at a premium price. About $75.

CanoeStream 01-15-2007 06:15 PM

Silvertwinkie has one on his 25' SS -- looks sharp! I understood that there would be a limited number available and then that would be it. Good luck in your search.

rebel beck 01-15-2007 06:18 PM

2 Air has one on his trailer and it looks sooooo cool. If anybody finds out where we can get one please pm and let me know.

lewster 01-15-2007 06:23 PM

Got One!

I have one on my '06 19CCD. IIRC, I got it from David Winick's web site, which escapes me at the moment. Search David Winick and I'm sure it will come up.:D

Craftsman 01-15-2007 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one on my 2007 Classic . Bought from david Wynick

CanoeStream 01-15-2007 06:47 PM

Here is Dave Winick's webpage on this item: vintage airstream and other classic travel trailers -- sez they are temporarily sold out. But temporary is temporary... right? :brows:

Craftsman 01-15-2007 07:00 PM

He's been temporarly out for about a year now?????

tinbender 01-15-2007 07:18 PM

Screen Door Logo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craftsman
I have one on my 2007 Classic . Bought from david Wynick

Craftsman,

From the picture you attached it looks as if yours has the word "Company" spelled out and the words "Jackson Center, Ohio" on there also. David's website shows one that has the following:
"The Airstream Co.", nothing else.

Did you buy it recently and did I read yours correctly? I had intended to get one about now but thought maybe the design may have changed from the original. No phone number on the website to inquire but I did send email to ask about what I would receive if I ordered. BTW looks great on that Classic! Thanks for any info, TinB

lynn 01-15-2007 07:24 PM

The Airstream Factory Store has them in stock-937 596 6111 ext.7400:D

tinbender 01-15-2007 07:36 PM

Logo Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn
The Airstream Factory Store has them in stock-937 596 6111 ext.7400:D

Thanks Lynn, sounds like someone called Ohio recently.
-- Guess the old song is right; I owe my soul to the company store.

TinB

Craftsman 01-15-2007 08:13 PM

You'll probably have more luck with the airstream Store, but I would get it while you can because I have a feeling they're in short supply.Tinbender mine does spell out jackson center ohio below Airstream Company. The one he offers now only says Airstream Co. I bought mine about six months ago.

Silvertwinkie 01-15-2007 08:19 PM

I have this and folks are right, it is sharp lookin'. Be careful installing it, the door frame is very soft aluminum. Punch and pre-drill. :)

When we bought these from David, I seem to recall the two that were purchased (I have one and I think one other forum member has one too) were one of the first and/or prototypes.

Either way, it does dress the door very well, and best of all, it's a very inexpensive (IMHO) mod that adds a lot to the overall look of the Airstream.

Ganglin 01-15-2007 08:29 PM

I'd just like to find screen guards that will fit - doesn't have to say Airstream.

Anyone know a source....

Thanks....

Silvertwinkie 01-15-2007 08:30 PM

Airstream would have them...use the number Lynn posted. You might have to get it through a dealer, but a call to the Airstream will get you on track.

Silvertwinkie 01-15-2007 08:32 PM

Actually, if this is for your vintage unit, I think calling Airstream or Andy from Inland might be one of the few people I'd know to call. A door on a vintage I think is shaped different than the new(er) units we were orig talking about.

tinbender 01-15-2007 08:34 PM

Screen door logo

Thanks to all for info.

Amazingly, I got a reply from David in less than 2 hours. He tells me that the photo on the website shows exactly what you get. They are in stock and available.

TinB

Silvertwinkie 01-15-2007 08:37 PM

David is great guy and does great work. The one on his site is different that the one I picked up. If this is for your '72, make sure of the specs. I seem to recall the doors being different slightly and I think his are spec'd out for the newer spec'd doors....but lookin' at one of his pics, the home sweet home piece looks like it's on a vintage.....anyway, you won't be disappointed dealing with David.

Craftsman 01-15-2007 08:37 PM

Can't beat that kind of service.:D :D

Ganglin 01-15-2007 08:38 PM

Thanks - never thought they'd have them so I've never asked when calling before. Yes, have to go through Caldwell here to get any parts. Rather odd set up since
Caldwell doesn't have access to vintage parts numbers. You call the factory and get the part number - then call Caldwell and give it to them to order the part....

Thanks for the help....