Where's the Charge going
My univolt is working (I guess) as I get a charge of about 14 volts and control panel shows battery as pegged out good (green) after pluging into house, so I unplug and go out the following day and control panel shows Okay(yellow)? Nothing is on and battery is good. What is going on? Is it a short? I'd rather not replace univolt if I don't have to.
thanks for any info
My 71's battery indicator was notoriously inaccurate. It did the same thing as yours, going to green when it was plugged in, and then showing yellow at rest without being charged by the Univolt.
It might have to do with the age of the instrument, or a grounding issue. The control panel lives in a fiberglass end cap, so good and solid ground connections are very important.
I'd say if there is no functional issue with your battery, just ignore the charge indicator, and use your volt meter to establish battery condition.
No just Univolt
My '06 Safari has the Parallax converter and I see the same effect Uwe mentions. The battery indicator shows full green when plugged in to house current but a lower and probably more realistic amount when unplugged.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:52 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.