Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   RobertnBilli (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/robertnbilli-25992.html)

RobertnBilli 09-06-2006 06:40 PM

RobertnBilli

Hi out there to everyone. I have a 2005 28 ft International CCD. I find we cannot travel anywhere because my 87 year old mother (very sick) moved in with us shortly after retiring from DOD (35 years) as a missile engineer. The CCD is in the yard and I think up things to do to it so that I can just be out of the house. One thing I have done is install a 2-bike carrier on the back of the trailer. My current plan is to change one of my fantastic fans so that I can have the fan blow out or pull in air with a voltage polarity changing swithch. I need a little help on this one. Robert

RobertnBilli 09-06-2006 06:48 PM

I am new at this and have not had time to review all of the good messages out there. If anyone out there has changed the flow direction of their Fantastic Fans with a (DPDT 12 Volt) switch to reverse the polarity of the fan, please help. I am not sure where to tap in to reverse the fan polarity. My fan has rain sensing, 3-speed, manual opening, or electronic opening, and a temperature sensing control.

bobchevy89 09-06-2006 06:49 PM

:D Hello Robert, welcome to the forum..sorry about your mother.you will get replys from other knowageble campers to help you out.while working in the camper just dream about being out camping.. Bob:D

ibgl6 09-06-2006 06:53 PM

Hello Neighbor to the west dont know anything about your question but just wanted to say hi from Panama City...

peegreen 09-06-2006 06:56 PM

Your Mom's a rocket scientist, that's awesome! SHE should be able to gin up a schematic in no time. Seriously though, there were recent posts on reversing the FF and even getting a switch from the company. Do a search. BTW, I was told putting a bike rack on the rear was a big no-no without beefing up the frame. A lot of dynamic stress with bikes hanging over the rear.

peegreen 09-06-2006 07:04 PM

Divorce from shore power, load the fridge, pretend you're boondocking and just camp out next to the house. Bring a few DVDs, deploy the awnings, set up some chairs and make a campfire, or pretend. Make a fire poker out of a long stick, move the logs around being careful not get embers on the awning. Turn off the scare light when you retire for the night. Put out the fire. Cook some pancakes and bacon for breakfast - do it outdoors on the camp stove or grill so the neighbors can smell it. They'll think you're a freak - just chuckle inside as only you will know how happy this moment is.

overlander63 09-06-2006 07:08 PM

Fantastic Fans can be altered with "kits" from the manufacturer, so you can have a reversing, thermostatically-controlled, rain-sensing fan. And it all goes into the factory bezel.