Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   General Interior Topics (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Help needed building a dinette for 69 safari 23' interior redo (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/help-needed-building-a-dinette-for-69-safari-23-interior-redo-24567.html)

moxiesmomma 07-20-2006 05:50 PM

Help needed building a dinette for 69 safari 23' interior redo

My husband and I are newbes as this is our first airstream project. It's 100 degrees out, mosquitos are biting and we're about ready to kill each other over how to solve this problem (we created). The idea is to build a U-shaped dinette so that there is seating all the way around. Base depth, typical table length/width and how the cushions fold into a bed. Any help or photos would be great.

Jim & Susan 07-20-2006 06:20 PM

Mick, Welcome to the forum. One of the members "Pizzachop" did something like you're talking about. Take a look at his photos and see if that helps any. Others have done this as well, they will be happy to help. Also, use the search feature. I'll bet you find lots of good ideas.

Jim

moxiesmomma 07-21-2006 10:10 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. We're making progress. Can I post photos to show what we're doing? Perhaps that might bring more comments.

InsideOut 07-21-2006 10:21 AM

Welcome to the Forums!

You will find this thread parallel to your dinette project, even the same year Airstream, so the widths & details are most likely the same! While on a smaller trailer like a Safari, you may have less space up front to work with, it might be more similar to our GlobeTrotter. There are several others that have gone there before you...you could find some additional threads in the archives by using the search tool and some keywords like "Dinette", "Booth", "Table", etc. while you await personalized responses.

Good luck with your project...we LOVE our dinette!

Yes, photos help...we all love photos!!!

Shari :flowers:

Edie99 07-22-2006 11:56 AM

I need help with cushions placement. We took out the gaucho and table and my husband is building the dinette. We found a place that cuts faom to size but the question is -- does the back cushion go all the way down and butt the seat cushion up to the back, or vice versa -- seat cushion go all the way to the back and back cushion sits on top of it? I've seen it both ways on the forum. I think Shari's Maxwell the back cushion goes all the way down to the plywood, Does one way work better than another?

InsideOut 07-22-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edie99
I think Shari's Maxwell the back cushion goes all the way down to the plywood, Does one way work better than another?

Nope. The seat and back are hinged and there is a "filler piece" that holds up the back. But they are connected at the seat/back joint.

There are several different ways the cuchions were constructed over the years...what year is your trailer?

Shari :flowers:

Edie99 07-22-2006 05:10 PM

It's 1976 Tradewind.

Edie

uwe 07-22-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickandme
My husband and I are newbes as this is our first airstream project. It's 100 degrees out, mosquitos are biting and we're about ready to kill each other over how to solve this problem (we created). The idea is to build a U-shaped dinette so that there is seating all the way around. Base depth, typical table length/width and how the cushions fold into a bed. Any help or photos would be great.

Forum member Creampuff has a nice wraparound dinette in his Flying Cloud. You might want to PM him for some pictures. It;s quite comfy, and seems to work well even in the small space of the FC.