Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   1978- 1979 Excella 500 (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f207/)
-   -   China Cabinet Light Switch? (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f207/china-cabinet-light-switch-23182.html)

MarkExc500 05-30-2006 08:48 PM

China Cabinet Light Switch?

Can anyone tell me If there is a switch to turn the inside light on in the china cabinet above the refrigerator?

Thanks for any replies.

Mark

Excella CM 06-04-2006 06:15 PM

China cabinet switch location

If it is like mine, the switch is in the right hand side of the left hand cabinet, on the top, near the sliding glass. Mine is a rotating button switch.;)

peegreen 06-04-2006 07:07 PM

China cabinet?!? The only china my cabinets ever see is maybe Chinette. It's mostly 1 cent a piece paper plates. I suppose you have a silverware drawer :lol: . Wait, I did pull out my '77 copy of "The Airstream Story" and sure enough, the lovely bride has the table set with fine china, crystal and silver tea service. She just pulled a 19 lb turkey from the oven. I love ruffin it - no microwave for this meal.

SafeHarbor 06-04-2006 07:18 PM

Hi, Mark,

Yes, my 79 has one there, and it's the same type switch as the two in the hall closet and the aft china cabinet compartment. Mine are push on-off, and they're rather bulky. There's also one in the galley compartment under the microwave area.

These trailers are 27 and 28 years old, and they had provisions for a MICROWAVE. Yes, it helped if you were wealthy when these trailers were new. I suspect that still applies, but I wouldn't know. :lol:

Lamar

(Pictures of galley in my gallery.)

peegreen 06-04-2006 07:44 PM

A little off the subject, but...made me want to take out my collection of old catalogues; high heels, bubble baths, fresh baked muffins (2 years in a row), candle lit dinners and clean, well behaved children. All these trailers are also being towed by 2 door sedans. We were so sporty back then, or the SUV wasn't a concept yet.

53flyingcloud 06-04-2006 08:34 PM

peegreen,
Hate to burst your bubbles..But, Suburbans been around since the mid 30's..
Only they didn't call them SUV, then..

The light switches concept has been around for ages..Got'em in my closet and, the pantry cabinet. Turns on/off when you open/close the door. You'll want to be tied into the 12V wiring. This way, ideally, you'll have lights when not connected to 120VAC..
Next time I go to the A/S, I'll get a photo or two for you..
ciao
53FC

scottanlily 06-04-2006 10:27 PM

Hate to burst everyones bubbles, but back then the suburban was not any tow vehical .The international travelall was king as were the ford f250 crew cabs especially in the wally byam years .Both were extremely heavy duty trucks.Thru the 60s on, more fullsize cars,sedans ,wagons and the wagoneer did towing duty along with the travelalls.Suburbans of course dominate the tow world and suv world today.

Scott

Excella CM 06-04-2006 10:46 PM

Pop!

My bubble's not burst, but then my Travelall is still king:brows:

NevadaGeo 10-08-2007 06:52 PM

On mine the switch is in the light, rotate the outer light housing.