Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Hello from Texas (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/hello-from-texas-224425.html)

LaCoonass 06-23-2021 01:23 PM

Hello from Texas

Hello from Quitman, TX. Headed to pick up 1975 Sovereign this weekend. Excited about getting this rv. Time to start enjoying retirement. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow campers on the road. Perry and Laura.

Bubba L 06-23-2021 01:30 PM

Welcome to the neighborhood and congrats on your Sovereign. If you have any questions just post them and you’ll get the answers. If you plan a renovation, please start a reno thread and post some pictures. Be careful on your trip. Take care and be safe.

dbj216 06-23-2021 06:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello and welcome to the vintage Airstream hobby. I spent a whole winter laying underneath a dirty old 76 Sovereign 31'. My friend and I renovated the thing into a very nice and reliable travel trailer. Maybe you folks have the same fun in mind. Post some pictures when you get a chance. I might add Bubba L really enjoys laying on cold wet pavement under a dirty Airstream wire brushing a rusty frame.

Here are a couple pictures of my friend's 76.

David

Bubba L 06-23-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbj216 (Post 2508436)
Hello and welcome to the vintage Airstream hobby. I spent a whole winter laying underneath a dirty old 76 Sovereign 31'. My friend and I renovated the thing into a very nice and reliable travel trailer. Maybe you folks have the same fun in mind. Post some pictures when you get a chance. I might add Bubba L really enjoys laying on cold wet pavement under a dirty Airstream wire brushing a rusty frame.

Here are a couple pictures of my friend's 76.

David

David, are you going to help me move to an undisclosed town in Texas? I hate cold and wet pavement. But, I would do it if you came down and helped me.

dbj216 06-23-2021 07:49 PM

The best cold wet pavement is found in Minnesota, Michigan, New England and generally the northern tier of states. We'll find you some spot where you can bask in several hours on cold, wet pavement.

David : )

TouringDan 06-25-2021 08:57 PM

Perry and Laura

Welcome to Airforums. I grew up in Michigan and I can tell you in the winter time that concrete is cold and wet, especially after you have shoveled the snow so you can play basketball.

Good luck with your 76 Sovereign. Our son and daughter-in-law live in Fort Worth and have a 78 Caravanner that I am helping them renovate long distance from Virginia. Progress tends to be sporadic. I did recently complete the installation of a minisplit heat pump. They are going camping this weekend to see how it performs in the Texas heat.

Dan

Goal15 06-25-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaCoonass (Post 2508327)
Hello from Quitman, TX. Headed to pick up 1975 Sovereign this weekend. Excited about getting this rv. Time to start enjoying retirement. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow campers on the road. Perry and Laura.

Hey

Was that you guys on 154 about 6:30 tonight headed West between Harmony and Quitman? We saw a long AS fly by as we were coming out of Tele’s Mexican Restaurant. Gave chase but could never catch you to say hi. We turned off at 14 to head back to HLR. Happy camping with your new to you AS

Dana and Olga

LaCoonass 06-27-2021 06:51 PM

Yes, that was us. We are excited to be back home and start our few repairs to our new toy.
Perry and Laura.

Goal15 06-27-2021 07:12 PM

Awesome! We’ve been on the other side of the equation as well. Got spotted on I-30 in Arkansas, and got home to see picture of us in Sightings!!!

Dana and Olga

LaCoonass 06-27-2021 07:20 PM

We came from Cloud 9 Ranch near Caulfield Mo. That's where we picked the trailer up. Laura was told to name the trailer. She's having a tough time picking a name. Lol