Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   New Member from SD (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/new-member-from-sd-221362.html)

Big_Gar 04-08-2021 01:58 PM

New Member from SD

Hello All,
Retiring in June and my wife (already retired) just acquired a 2016 23 FB Flying Cloud. We are planning a multi week trip to MT in July with some shorter trips prior to that. We are new to airstreaming but have been planning and researching for several years. Owning an airstream is my wifes long time dream. I agreed to it because it has the fiamma bike rack. I hope to ride as many forest/mountain roads and trails in the montain west as I can before I can't. We will continue to use the Forums (as member now) for advice, help and information as we journey. Gary.

MMCMRET 04-08-2021 02:37 PM

Gary, welcome aboard.

If you need assistance, you can find it here. I am constantly amazed at the amount of information you can find just searching a particular thread.

Enjoy your new Airstream!

Nelson428 04-08-2021 04:15 PM

Gary,

Welcome and I hope yíall have a grand adventure.

DaveP 04-08-2021 07:16 PM

Welcome from Colorado

Gary, Welcome from Colorado! :D

Dennis C 04-08-2021 07:30 PM

Congrats and a second welcome from Colorado! My wife and I camped in Custer State Park last autumn in our 23FB. It was fantastic! Enjoy your adventures!

wulfraat 04-08-2021 08:27 PM

New Member from SD

X3 from Colorado! Ha! Maybe you should come visit our state itís airstream friendly! [emoji4]

Congrats on your new adventures ahead - 23 is an amazing trailer!

fander 04-08-2021 08:33 PM

Are you going to ride the Mickelson trail or are you looking for something less civilized?

Big_Gar 04-09-2021 08:03 AM

All the above

Quote:

Originally Posted by fander (Post 2481168)
Are you going to ride the Mickelson trail or are you looking for something less civilized?

Yes to both. The Mickelson Trail is on my(our) list. I am also looking at Black Hills Pay Dirt Route, Oglala Loop which are routes listed on bikpacking.com. I plan to ride sections of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route in MT this summer with my wife driving the 23FB FC as support. Gary.

moosetags 04-09-2021 08:14 AM

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congratulations on your new baby. May you have safe travels and many great Airstream Adventures with her.

Brian

jsaucier 04-09-2021 08:46 AM

Welcome Gary! We wish you well on this next chapter in your lives! Know that this forum is here for you. The collective knowledge of the group, and the willingness to help is awesome. I have learned a lot from it.

Happy travels

Lucky Dog 04-10-2021 06:52 AM

Congrats on the Airstream! A 23í Flying Cloud was our first as well and was a wonderful trailer. If you havenít yet, check out the Route of the Hiawatha rail-trail. I rode it with friends in 2018 on our way to the Airstream Club Intíl Rally in Salem, OR that year and the trail ride was spectacular. We stayed in Wallace, ID and really enjoyed our time in that area, on the Idaho/Montana border. Safe travels!

Hans627 04-10-2021 06:55 AM

Welcome Gary and greetings from PA (via FL). Wishing the best!

Big_Gar 04-10-2021 11:37 AM

Wallace Roots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Dog (Post 2481542)
Congrats on the Airstream! A 23í Flying Cloud was our first as well and was a wonderful trailer. If you havenít yet, check out the Route of the Hiawatha rail-trail. I rode it with friends in 2018 on our way to the Airstream Club Intíl Rally in Salem, OR that year and the trail ride was spectacular. We stayed in Wallace, ID and really enjoyed our time in that area, on the Idaho/Montana border. Safe travels!

Thanks for the suggestion. The Hiawatha is on our list of things to do. My ancesters from Germany first settled in the Wallace area and I had 3 great uncles who lived out their lives there. So, I am familiar with the area but have never done the Hiawath rail-trail. So many places to travel and ride bike and so little time. Gary.