Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Patience is a Virtue - so they say (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/patience-is-a-virtue-so-they-say-220247.html)

Comtngrl 03-11-2021 07:10 AM

Patience is a Virtue - so they say

Like many of you we are in the waiting stages of receiving our Basecamp 16X. Sept 2020. So we are happy to learn from all the experts here and soak up all the wonderful knowledge you all have from the years of travel and adventures you have had.
This feels like a great place to be . Any great tips right off the bat would be greatly appreciated. This will be our first "Cabin On Wheels" EVER so we have graduated from 30 years of sleeping and camping on the ground to the life of luxury!!! Not to mention our backs were getting OlD. :lol:

Looking forward to your advice
COMTNGRL

B. Cole 03-11-2021 07:47 AM

Let's get this off to a fun start.What size tow vehicle are you using?? :brows:

Rich W 03-11-2021 07:58 AM

Hi COMTNGRL, greetings from central Kentucky and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new AS, may it bring you miles and miles of fun and adventure. :flowers::wally:

Peter C 03-11-2021 08:16 AM

I would recommend to start with the basic supplies and then camp near a town with a decent hardware store the first few trips. My wife and I love visiting the small town hardware stores that sell everything from toasters to farm equipment.

We pop into town and pick up those little things we forget or decide would be usefull. Bug spay, command strips/hook, limes, better cocktail glasses, camping table, etc.After the first few trips you have your list pretty set and then we go through it before we leave the house. I wouldn't try and buy everything your think that you may want/need prior to your first trip.

I also recommend finding the items that 100% meet your needs. For example, I have purchased four or five camping chairs until I found the perfect one. Each one was better than the previous, but not 100% comfortable until I found one that fit perfectly.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. The people on these forums are awesome.

mojo 03-11-2021 09:13 AM

Since you will be new to an RV, I would suggest first camping across the road at Cheyenne Mountain in a full hookup site so you can get to know and appreciate all of the trailers workings. Plus, if there are problems to be fixed, you are not far from the dealer and/or home. Plus there's a Camping World nearby where you can find the gear you may need or want as you camp. Have fun!

OTRA15 03-11-2021 09:23 AM

Welcome to the forum!

FYI here are some BC 16X search results you may want to check out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Base...=airforums.com

Also the following Basecamp forum has many interesting threads/posts:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/

Travel safe . . . and . . .

Comtngrl 03-11-2021 11:30 AM

Thanks

Most Helpful links and yes I will check these out !

Comtngrl 03-11-2021 11:50 AM

Better cocktail glasses will be a must for the first trip!!! Especially for the white knuckle passenger.:)

Comtngrl 03-12-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. Cole (Post 2470292)
Let's get this off to a fun start.What size tow vehicle are you using?? :brows:

We will start with a Jeep Gladiator Sport. and see how it goes...

Dennis C 03-12-2021 03:12 PM

Congrats and welcome from a fellow Colorado Airstreamer! We have lots of great places to camp here, as you already know. You'll love your new Airstream.

LittleJohn 11-28-2021 02:58 PM

Glad it was worth the wait!!

Saluda372 11-28-2021 03:40 PM

Congrats and welcome. A lot of Basecamps being purchased.

Comtngrl 11-28-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter C (Post 2470305)
I would recommend to start with the basic supplies and then camp near a town with a decent hardware store the first few trips. My wife and I love visiting the small town hardware stores that sell everything from toasters to farm equipment.

We pop into town and pick up those little things we forget or decide would be usefull. Bug spay, command strips/hook, limes, better cocktail glasses, camping table, etc.After the first few trips you have your list pretty set and then we go through it before we leave the house. I wouldn't try and buy everything your think that you may want/need prior to your first trip.

I also recommend finding the items that 100% meet your needs. For example, I have purchased four or five camping chairs until I found the perfect one. Each one was better than the previous, but not 100% comfortable until I found one that fit perfectly.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. The people on these forums are awesome.

well she finally arrived and I am looking forward to taking your advice . Thanks 8 months and it was worth the wait...