Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Anxiously waiting our 2021 Basecamp 20 in PA (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/anxiously-waiting-our-2021-basecamp-20-in-pa-215391.html)

MetalMaxine 10-08-2020 02:46 PM

Anxiously waiting our 2021 Basecamp 20 in PA

Hello! We recently put a deposit down on a 2021 Basecamp 20 for a June, 2021 delivery date. We are a family of 3 plus dogs and have been camping for 30ish years, our entire adult lives. We took the natural progression from backpacking and eating dry ramen and apples, to a larger tent, to closer to the car, to state parks, to cots, to a utility trailer to haul our gear, to a used 17' hybrid camper ("Maxine") four years ago. Maxine immediately taught us what we liked and didn't like about camping in a travel trailer and we started making a list. The day AS made the BC20 announcement, I happened to be insomnia scrolling and there appeared a camper that checked almost every box on our list! We were able to tour one a few months later and fell in love immediately. Our grown up camper! We are looking forward to easier winter camping, easier boondocking, and being fully enclosed but with fantastic air flow and views. I can't wait for it to arrive but, in the meantime, I will live vicariously through the forum. Thank you for the add!

dbj216 10-09-2020 08:12 PM

Welcome to the Airstream owner's community. Congratulations on your decision to own a Basecamp, a totally different Airstream, but Airstream none the less. I'm a regular vintage Airstream guy and admittedly don't a lot about them. You certainly know camping and what will work for you. I saw a Basecamp on the highway last weekend heading up into the mountains.

David

MetalMaxine 10-10-2020 08:05 AM

Thank you! I love to look at vintage Airstreams - and always happy that their owners are so pleased to give tours. Happy travels!

GettinAway 10-10-2020 08:15 AM

I watched the video on the BC 20. That’s a great trailer. If we were 20 yrs younger.. Ha! Congrats on the purchase. I hope you post lots of pics on your adventures. I think you’ll be able to get it in to spots we can only dream about. We are adding a 3” lift to the 25FB, but it’ll still be a bit puckering to go through the rough stuff.

Hn387 10-26-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMaxine (Post 2419325)
Hello! We recently put a deposit down on a 2021 Basecamp 20 for a June, 2021 delivery date. We are a family of 3 plus dogs and have been camping for 30ish years, our entire adult lives. We took the natural progression from backpacking and eating dry ramen and apples, to a larger tent, to closer to the car, to state parks, to cots, to a utility trailer to haul our gear, to a used 17' hybrid camper ("Maxine") four years ago. Maxine immediately taught us what we liked and didn't like about camping in a travel trailer and we started making a list. The day AS made the BC20 announcement, I happened to be insomnia scrolling and there appeared a camper that checked almost every box on our list! We were able to tour one a few months later and fell in love immediately. Our grown up camper! We are looking forward to easier winter camping, easier boondocking, and being fully enclosed but with fantastic air flow and views. I can't wait for it to arrive but, in the meantime, I will live vicariously through the forum. Thank you for the add!

I just ordered one as well, quoted a November 2021 delivery date.

What are you going to pull this with?

Dennis C 10-26-2020 09:28 AM

The Basecamp is a really cool little trailer. I really like the 20' version.

Enjoy!

MetalMaxine 10-27-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hn387 (Post 2426177)
I just ordered one as well, quoted a November 2021 delivery date.

What are you going to pull this with?

Good for you! Now we all just have to be patient. Our current tow vehicles are my daily driver: 2015 Toyota Highlander which we use for good roads, good weather trips and our 2019 F250 (husband's work truck) which we use in winter, off road, and for rough/steep roads. The BC and our current camper are very close in weight so we should be able to use both with it. How about you?

Hn387 10-29-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMaxine (Post 2426665)
Good for you! Now we all just have to be patient. Our current tow vehicles are my daily driver: 2015 Toyota Highlander which we use for good roads, good weather trips and our 2019 F250 (husband's work truck) which we use in winter, off road, and for rough/steep roads. The BC and our current camper are very close in weight so we should be able to use both with it. How about you?

Patience will be important! Hopefully my order moves up a few months though.

Iím using a 17 GMC Canyon with the Diesel engine. Should be a good match for this size trailer.