Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Airstreams and Shooting! (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/airstreams-and-shooting-21498.html)

cooperhawk 03-21-2006 03:20 PM

Airstreams and Shooting!

Hey. Anyone else out ther that uses their Airstream for shooting. That is target shooting, hunting, so on?

john hd 03-21-2006 04:07 PM

yes!

i use mine for deer camp every year!

john

85MH325 03-21-2006 04:21 PM

No, I just shoot at other people's Airstreams! I'd never use my own for target practice...:lol:

Sorry... going to my room now... :chicken:

Roger

RickStream 03-21-2006 04:35 PM

Transverse pucture of projecties on Airstream

Has anyone tested the penetration quality of a .45 ACP at the longitudinal axis of any Airstream above the frame rails?

cooperhawk 03-21-2006 04:42 PM

Not yet, want me to test yours?

till 03-21-2006 04:46 PM

I would love to use my Airstream as a basecamp for a target shooting weekend!!! I have not been able to go taget shooting in ages. :(

85MH325 03-21-2006 04:49 PM

There's something about the smell of Hoppe's No. 9 that the ladies just LOVE! :) In fact, most of 'em I know would rather have Hoppe's around than Chanel #5!

Hey, and welcome aboard Gunner... What kind of Airstream do you have? Update your profile for us, willya?

Roger

john hd 03-21-2006 04:53 PM

i think we may have a valid reason to have a forums rally.

guns and trailers!

rick, can you think of any good places to host such an event?

john

john hd 03-21-2006 04:53 PM

oh and

john hd 03-21-2006 04:55 PM

welcome aboard gunner!

john

cooperhawk 03-21-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85MH325
There's something about the smell of Hoppe's No. 9 that the ladies just LOVE! :) In fact, most of 'em I know would rather have Hoppe's around than Chanel #5!

Hey, and welcome aboard Gunner... What kind of Airstream do you have? Update your profile for us, willya?

Roger

My Wife splashes on Hoppe's after every bath. Really turns me on don't ya know.

Just an old motorhome, but my dog loves it. Thinks it's hers.

Gotta go now.

85MH325 03-21-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john hd

guns and trailers!

john

I nominate Rick's place! And I nominate Rick's trailer for target practice!!!! :lol: And, Rick... I'll bring the .45 ACPs for the scientific testing...

Roger

RickStream 03-21-2006 05:13 PM

I love scientific tests! I have an up-armored Excella.

azflycaster 03-21-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85MH325
No, I just shoot at other people's Airstreams! I'd never use my own for target practice...:lol:

Sorry... going to my room now... :chicken:

Roger

Reminds me of a trailer I looked at, and ran away from. I noticed that the shower has several of those no slip stick on flowers stuck on the wall, none on the floor. I later noticed 3 bullet holes in the outer skin at the shower area. The owner never noticed them before. Looked like a 22.

AndyS 03-21-2006 05:39 PM

Airstreams to shoot in

I have recently purchased a 67 Safari to take my son Trapshooting in. You will see it at the Illinois State shoot in June and at the Grand American Trap shoot at Sparta Ill., in Aug.
We are going to have a blast,
Andy

Airstream25 03-21-2006 05:45 PM

Guns and trailers

Quote:

Originally Posted by john hd
guns and trailers!

john

The NRA Whittington Center near Raton, NM is an excellent place to have a shooting rally. Check with them to avoid a competition weekend when the on site campground might be full.
https://www.nrawc.org/

I have also used my Airstream as base camp for elk hunting. That is when the solar panel earns its keep!

cooperhawk 03-21-2006 05:48 PM

Hey, the hillbilly redneck gun fanantiks are comin out of the woods. Used to shoot a lot of skeet and some trap too. Rite now doing a little tunin on a custom .308. Gonna use it on varmints. Like to get my loads jes rite.:zorro:

CanoeStream 03-21-2006 06:50 PM

Member 59toaster has been involved in a major frame-off project. Don't recall if it was in that thread specifically but some previous owner/grandfather of his or his wife's put a couple holes into it .... adds character, y'know!

azflycaster 03-21-2006 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last month we were at a TCT rally and saw the trailer below. If you look close you will see a plastic rabbit by the door. The owner explained that this was once her aunt's trailer at one time and one day her aunt was returning to the trailer and saw a rabbit by the door. It looked like dinner to her so she took a shot at it and missed. She took a second shot and missed again. The rabbit then moved on. The owner then showed us the two 22 caliber bullet holes just above the rabbits head.

cooperhawk 03-21-2006 07:03 PM

Wow! That box O truth looks like fun. That's what all them name change fanantics need. Kill something! Makes ya feel GOOD! Almost as good as beer and well you know what.:heart::boxing: