Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Axles (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f437/)
-   -   Inland RV (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f437/inland-rv-207186.html)

ShinyShanty 04-07-2020 11:39 PM

Inland RV
 
Inland RV??? Anyone been able to contact these guys. Ordered and paid for new axles/brakes/hubs etc for my 78 Excella remodel and havenít been able to get in touch via email/phone/ social media since -ordered March 6- please help if possible

Foiled Again 04-08-2020 01:59 AM

The former owner "retired" and sold to an inexperienced new owner, who apparently didn't know what due diligence entailed... and who may have ended up buying a lot of liability and few if any assets.
Who really knows?
If you used a debit or credit card, file for a refund. There might be some consumer protection department in California that.could be of.some help. And of course there are any number of apps which could allow you to find neighboring businesses - they could tell you if the building is still occupied.

I hope the axle just shows up.

OTRA15 04-08-2020 02:37 AM

FYI

"Inland RV" mentions here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Inla...=airforums.com

Recent thread: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/trouble-with-inland-rv-late-2019-early-2020-a-204638.html

Good luck,

Peter

FYI
FWIW

wkerfoot 04-08-2020 09:33 AM

Inland is in California and they may not be considered essential and therefore shut down with the stay at home order. Not an excuse for failure to communicate.


Bill


Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyShanty (Post 2348950)
Inland RV??? Anyone been able to contact these guys. Ordered and paid for new axles/brakes/hubs etc for my 78 Excella remodel and havenít been able to get in touch via email/phone/ social media since -ordered March 6- please help if possible


ShinyShanty 04-08-2020 10:28 PM

Update- I went to maps and found a neighbor (Yotamasters) called them and they said that have seen the bay doors open multiple times and they were open when I called Yotamasters. My wife called and a gentleman answered the phone. He took my name and number and invoice number and said when the girls got in he would Give them the message. No one returned my call yet!

kenfconnor 04-09-2020 09:28 AM

I suggest you immediately cancel the order and call the credit card bank and request a refund. If you wait too long the window might close.

Vantair 04-09-2020 10:31 AM

Very Sorry for your experience...on a lesser value example:

This explains for two months prior tried to purchase factory bearing seals there (as successfully done in the past ).

Must have left 6 Voice messages and 3 emails over a period of 3 weeks..... no response either way.

Finally, found exact same part number factory seals at Out of Doors Mart for 1/2 the price. Also, OoDM folks very knowledgeable & attentive to deal with.

A W Warn 05-01-2020 12:57 PM

I went to look at Airstream's website and tried to find Inland RV's contact information.
They are no longer listed on Airstream's website as an Airstream dealer.

Hittenstiehl 05-01-2020 02:31 PM

AW Inland was never a Airstream dealer although he had several old trailers at the lot. Andy was a parts dealer business that was sold a couple of years ago. He was very knowledgeable about the history and vintages. He got a bit cantankerous in the last years before he sold the business to one of his employees.

Bill M. 05-01-2020 02:41 PM

Bought some rock guard hinges from Inland this month. Deal went well. Hinges arrived when they said they would.

Iansk 05-01-2020 04:11 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Andy the owner of this site/RV Life and all its affiliates? I truly remember reading it somewhere when Airforums became an RV Life community, which doesn’t seem that long ago. I looked for the thread and can’t seem to find it now, but someone owns this site and by extension RV Life etc...

In my mind it’s him until proven otherwise.

As far as cantankerous goes, I know I’d get a bit spicy having to field newbie questions for decades, especially the easily searched ones. I found him to be a fount knowledge and wish him well in his custom Airstream yacht floating around Micronesia and raking in gobs of cash from the pop up ads on all his sites.

Cheers Andy!

Ian

Jim & Susan 05-01-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iansk (Post 2356249)
Correct me if Iím wrong, but isnít Andy the owner of this site/RV Life and all its affiliates? I truly remember reading it somewhere when Airforums became an RV Life community, which doesnít seem that long ago. I looked for the thread and canít seem to find it now, but someone owns this site and by extension RV Life etc...

In my mind itís him until proven otherwise.

As far as cantankerous goes, I know Iíd get a bit spicy having to field newbie questions for decades, especially the easily searched ones. I found him to be a fount knowledge and wish him well in his custom Airstream yacht floating around Micronesia and raking in gobs of cash from the pop up ads on all his sites.

Cheers Andy!
Ian

The Andy that owns this website is most certainly NOT the same Andy that used to own Inland RV. Two completely different (and I mean that with every fiber of my being) human beings.

Now, before I say something that will get my ears slapped back, I'm going to shut up. Three cheers for Airforums!

Jim

Iansk 05-01-2020 04:50 PM

After asking the google overlords a dozen different ways I found the thread:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f16...ite-56039.html

Ian

PS... not that it really pertains to the OP’s question, but thread creep and all.

Iansk 05-01-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim & Susan (Post 2356265)
The Andy that owns this website is most certainly NOT the same Andy that used to own Inland RV. Two completely different (and I mean that with every fiber of my being) human beings.

Now, before I say something that will get my ears slapped back, I'm going to shut up. Three cheers for Airforums!

Jim

What are the chances... Andy Rogozinski (inland RV) and Andy Robinowitz (this sites owner)... my mistake. Carry on.

Ian

A W Warn 05-01-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl (Post 2356239)
AW Inland was never a Airstream dealer although he had several old trailers at the lot. Andy was a parts dealer business that was sold a couple of years ago. He was very knowledgeable about the history and vintages. He got a bit cantankerous in the last years before he sold the business to one of his employees.

I assumed Andy R was an Airstream dealer.
Thanks for setting me straight!

Hittenstiehl 05-01-2020 08:57 PM

Inland RV, Andy's business was (is) in Corona CA. He used to be on this forum and yes gave repetitive answers to many a newbie. He also got annoyed and direct when folks challenged his knowledge.

One of his articles on vintage axels is still often referred to.

I meant no disrespect when I described his as having gotten cantankerous. He spent many a time on the phone with us answering questions. When we stopped by the shop he stood at the counter answering more questions. On two ocassions he invited us into his office.

On one of our orders I ordered the wrong size fridge vent (my fault) and they would not allow me to return it. On our next trip to CA I took the fridge vent and he let me exchange it. He also turned us on to Aircraft Spruce (a couple doors down from him) for clecos and rivets.

On one of our visits, when we had heard he might be selling his business, I cheekily suggested he sell his warehouse full of parts and bits to Steve at Vintage Trailer Supply and he scoffed and harrumphed.

Not that any of that mattered but that human time capsule of knowledge can't be replicated.

Iansk 05-02-2020 12:31 AM

I’m a fan of Steve and vintagetrailersupply.com

Glad to have them available.

Ian

Iansk 05-02-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl (Post 2356307)
Inland RV, Andy's business was (is) in Corona CA. He used to be on this forum and yes gave repetitive answers to many a newbie. He also got annoyed and direct when folks challenged his knowledge.

One of his articles on vintage axels is still often referred to.

I meant no disrespect when I described his as having gotten cantankerous. He spent many a time on the phone with us answering questions. When we stopped by the shop he stood at the counter answering more questions. On two ocassions he invited us into his office.

On one of our orders I ordered the wrong size fridge vent (my fault) and they would not allow me to return it. On our next trip to CA I took the fridge vent and he let me exchange it. He also turned us on to Aircraft Spruce (a couple doors down from him) for clecos and rivets.

On one of our visits, when we had heard he might be selling his business, I cheekily suggested he sell his warehouse full of parts and bits to Steve at Vintage Trailer Supply and he scoffed and harrumphed.

Not that any of that mattered but that human time capsule of knowledge can't be replicated.

I canít wait to be cantankerous...

Ian

rmkrum 05-02-2020 02:01 AM

Itís an integral part of the fun of getting lots older!!!

I play it for all itís worth!

OTRA15 05-02-2020 03:08 AM

:bb:

Hey watch it there, Rich, I resemble that!

:blink:

Peter

:D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.