Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Sprinter and B-van Forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Fusion (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/fusion-206288.html)

SwampRV 03-10-2020 10:24 AM

Fusion

Is the Fusion a Mercedes product or Airstream. I know who makes it but who is responsible to fix it? Which company installed it?

Pahaska 03-10-2020 12:03 PM

Airstream, in both cases.

TN Princess 03-10-2020 01:38 PM

Fusion radio was installed by Mercedes, it was installed prior to van arriving at Airstream.

Protagonist 03-10-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampRV (Post 2339588)
Is the Fusion a Mercedes product or Airstream. I know who makes it but who is responsible to fix it? Which company installed it?

Neither. The Fusion RV Infotainment System is an aftermarket system purchased and installed by Airstream to replace the Mercedes OEM system.

Which means that if it's a hardware defect, you have to deal with Garmin, the company that makes it. If it's a labor defect (installed incorrectly), that's an Airstream issue.

In any RV van conversion, you have many, many warranties to deal with. There's the original Mercedes warranty on anything that came as original equipment on the van when Airstream purchased it. There's the Airstream parts warranty for any parts that Airstream made (mostly coachwork and cabinetry), plus the Airstream labor warranty for anything that Airstream installed. Then you've got individual manufacturer warranties for anything that Airstream bought and installed, from companies like Garmin, Fiamma, Dometic, Attwood, and Onan, to name just a few.

And the one thing all of these companies have in common is, when you file a warranty claim, they will all, without fail, try to point the finger at someone else, because honoring a warranty claim costs money and they all want someone else to foot the bill.

Beemerman 03-15-2020 07:52 AM

You nailed it Protag !!!!!

SwampRV 03-18-2020 08:33 AM

Yes you did Protag.....thanks!

Beemerman 03-19-2020 06:23 AM

Warranty blues

......a little hijacking here.....seems appropriate tho....

AS & MB are still pi$$ing at each other for the lack of one TPMS sensor in my new 19í TB....

AS (correctly) says the bona fide MB wheels came over on the chassis before build.......MB says AS changes the wheels in Ohio when they build the rig.

Bottom line: had it installed by local MB/Sprinter shop for $133. It certainly wonít break me....canít believe MB would allow such a small issue tarnish their rep (?).

Rant out :D

Boxster1971 03-19-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beemerman (Post 2342433)
......a little hijacking here.....seems appropriate tho...

Bottom line: had it installed by local MB/Sprinter shop for $133. It certainly wonít break me....canít believe MB would allow such a small issue tarnish their rep (?).

Rant out :D

You think Mercedes/Daimler has a reputation to protect? I don't - they are just another corporation trying to survive. I recently read their annual financial reports and it was obvious they face many risks over their alleged diesel emissions cheating in both Europe and USA.